Accommodation been cancelled!!

lebourvellec

Aghhh could scream - we are heading to Perth on 5th September to Validate our visas for 2 weeks, I booked a house to rent for the time there paid the deposit by bank transfer (and £40 in fees, UK and Oz bank fees).

Today just received an email that the tenent that they have in the property is refusing to leave and now they have given them 60 days notice but they need to cancel our booking.

Now need to find another rental that we can afford that is suitable for a toddler.:mad:

That's rubbish!! Can they do that? Can they help you find something else? Compensation?

I hope you find something soon. It's a nightmare looking for somewhere to stay. Maybe a Perth PIO'er can help you out.

Good luck

Aghhh could scream - we are heading to Perth on 5th September to Validate our visas for 2 weeks, I booked a house to rent for the time there paid the deposit by bank transfer (and £40 in fees, UK and Oz bank fees).

Today just received an email that the tenent that they have in the property is refusing to leave and now they have given them 60 days notice but they need to cancel our booking.

Now need to find another rental that we can afford that is suitable for a toddler.:mad:

Its a sad state of affairs in Aus particularly Perth.The rental industry is like the old west. There are lots of horror stories,gazumping on rentals, winning a rental only to find that someone has rung the agent and offered more. It all needs an over haul hope all goes ok.

It was only a holiday rental. I had a funny feeling about it, as they were suppose to send through a contract after the deposit was paid 2 months ago it never came, my own fault for not chasing it up.

Have contacted a few more - see what happens, I havent booked the hire car yet - so we might be flying off to somewhere else, if cant get anything.

Really sorry to hear that.

It is an absolute pain for you and your family and I bet a big "headache" for the agent as well if the tenant is refusing to leave.

I hope you sort out something out soon!

Obviously the landlords did not do their homework, otherwise they would have given the tenants proper notice before becoming a holiday let.

Another thing to think about when buying a property with a tenant and being told oh the tenant is going.

Sorry to hear that, so last minute. Not sure who you booked through but if you haven't tried already, (although you probably have), you could try Tracey at ozhouserentals too, stayz, rent-a-home, take-a-break.com, holidaylettings.co.uk.

Hope you get something sorted soon. (We've had to book 3 weeks in one holiday let, and 2 weeks in another as couldn't get 5 weeks together in the same place).

Tracey

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh no, nightmares Hun, ask them to find you somewhere and the money you paid them can be paid to the new property owners at least it will save you more fees.

A tenant cannot be forcibly ejected at the end of a tenancy, nor can a landlord change the locks. If a tenant refuses to leave the landlord has to go through the courts to get them out which takes at least 30 days. One of those things that landlords have to put up with periodically, and shows how one person's disrespect can impact others down the line.

Thanks for all the replys - I have managed to find one in Rockingham, for about the same price as the other one, and able to pay by credit card. I opened a NAB account to get the deposit put in to that account so didnt have to pay more international bank fees, (they are also paying me for all the fees I had to pay).

Archived