Random Advice Given to you about moving to Oz????

Mrs Fabricator

According to my mum, who lives in Queensland, Gold Coast, the most important thing to bring with you when you move over, is not things like bedding or furniture, It is Coat hangers.....aparently when you buy clothes in Oz they do not give you the hangers.....I found this totally random and hilarious......

Curious, what advice or tips have you been given that is so random it doesnt quite make sense????

Becky x

Guest JK2510

You can buy them $4 for 10! Lol......bring a coat.....it gets bloody cold in oz.....they don't tell you that on programmes!

hahahahaha Candygirl that funny bless him........I will be taking a ton of hangers, as well as a mass amount of coffee.....Ive no idea what the coffee is like over there, be fun to find out tho............It is funny some of the things you think about when getting organised..... So far on my list is towels, bedding, hangers and coffee.......the rest aparently is not that important hahahahahahahaha xxxx

Guest lisa crowe

Coffee here is horrid, unless ya prepared to buy from a coffee place, I've got me mother sending me a hamper from UK over, as even my son sniffs stuff before tasting lol...Chocolate also tastes odd, it says Cadbury's on the packet but it aint! :(

Guest JK2510

The caramello one disguises the odd choclatey taste.....last year my friend sent me 6 uk cadburys creme eggs.....I have never enjoyed choccy so much!

Guest lisa crowe
The caramello one disguises the odd choclatey taste.....last year my friend sent me 6 uk cadburys creme eggs.....I have never enjoyed choccy so much!

Omg Jodie, thats made me mouth water....Come on mother, get posting lol

Drink as much Starbucks as you can coffee lovers....Starbucks hasn't reached oz....:cry:

LOL! Starbucks has been and long gone.

Five years ago there was practically one on every street corner. They didn't do very well because the coffee sold in the masses of independent cafes is far superior than the wishy-washy, flavourless stuff sold in Starbucks. 61 Starbucks outlets (out of 84) closed en masse in 2008. There are only about 4-5 left in Sydney CBD - mostly for the tourists who know no better.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/starbucks-closes-61-shops-cuts-700-jobs-20080729-3mt1.html

Starbucks themselves said they 'struggled in Australia's "very sophisticated coffee culture"

Coffee here is excellent. There is no shortage of cafes selling wonderful coffee.

Guest AKA63029

Not a great fan of Starbucks or any big coffee house.

By the time the fella in front of me has ordered a 'A Decaf lo Mocchi Goochi Zooki Soy Milk Shaken Not Stirred Ultra Less Fat Coffee With A Brolley In It', I have left the premises and gone to a 'cafe' for a Flat White.:wink:

Drink as much Starbucks as you can coffee lovers....Starbucks hasn't reached oz....:cry:

LOL Starbucks has been and gone in Australia - except for a few choice shops in Sydney at least. We had several in Canberra and, as across the country, they all shut up within a couple of days of the announcement! Probably because you can get far better coffee almost anywhere!

Coffee here is horrid, unless ya prepared to buy from a coffee place, I've got me mother sending me a hamper from UK over, as even my son sniffs stuff before tasting lol...Chocolate also tastes odd, it says Cadbury's on the packet but it aint! :(

Thats made my mind up Lisa, I will make sure I have a ton of coffee in the container. I have heard that the Chocolate is awful, something to do with whats added to stop it melting in the heat, so maybe I will add Chocs to my list aswell.........My weakness is Cheesecake, as long as I can get that all will be rigt in the world hehehehe xxxx

Not a great fan of Starbucks or any big coffee house.

By the time the fella in front of me has ordered a 'A Decaf lo Mocchi Goochi Zooki Soy Milk Shaken Not Stirred Ultra Less Fat Coffee With A Brolley In It', I have left the premises and gone to a 'cafe' for a Flat White.:wink:

I dotn understand the whole "grande mocca extra shot with god knows what else" Me I like it strong, white with no sugar.........I must admit tho that many people are wine experts, me, it all about the coffee.....hehehehe xx

No need to bring coffee - it's great and late's hit Oz a long time before the UK. Huge variety to buy for use at home and huge amounts of very, very good coffee shops. think there is more of a coffee shop culture here than the UK so come and enjoy!

Archived