Random Advice Given to you about moving to Oz????

Mrs Fabricator

Not really random advice, it actually really good, if you are heading over to the Goldcoast, it is a good idea not to go Jan/Feb but to wait till the end of March. This is the height of their summer and it you are not aclimatised to it you will suffer from the heat and humidity, while it is manageable it does zap you not a good thing when you arrive in Oz to start your new life with so much to do.......just thought I'd share

Becky x

I remember reading on the news that Starbucks had opened in Oz quite a few stores in 2000, but the company didn't do very well in Oz and closed 61 stores in 2008. They never reached Perth but they kept a few stores in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane. In 2008 there were 23 stores remaining open, not sure how many are open now!!!

OH loves starbucks! We've already got a load of Starbucks mugs (still boxed) that we're going to bring over!!

Blast from the past Starbucks, long gone from around here, I used to like going there because of the seats, however the coffee no horrible stuff.

So many great coffee shops in Melbourne, my friend and I go to one in Mornington and its run by an Italian family and they make the coffee how we like it, fantastic.

Gloria Jeans too bitter and I will not pay for a paper cup in a sit down coffee bar :laugh:

Guest Ptp113
I remember reading on the news that Starbucks had opened in Oz quite a few stores in 2000, but the company didn't do very well in Oz and closed 61 stores in 2008. They never reached Perth but they kept a few stores in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane. In 2008 there were 23 stores remaining open, not sure how many are open now!!!

OH loves starbucks! We've already got a load of Starbucks mugs (still boxed) that we're going to bring over!!

Starsucks failed here as there is a real coffee culture locally and they didn't offer real coffee

Archived