How did you feel?

emmaroo

Hi Emma

More than 20years ago i first returned to the UK from these shores. I remember being tearful for most part of the flight but when i finally landed in London (it was January and -3) i cried with relief. Some years later i returned (just couldn't shake this land off) but here i am again (with a family) returning to UK once more (for good) and don't suppose it will feel much different when we land this time.

Mixed bag for me.

Good Luck and have a safe flight .

sunni x

It's always an emotional experience saying 'hello, goodbye' and my parents always used to say 'goodbye' at the entrance to the terminal rather than inside. I remember once sitting up on the heath with my mum on my last day and she picked a sprig of heather for me. Twenty-four hours later I was in Sydney but too scared to take it through quarantine so I 'binned' it. It always sticks in my mind though, as does saying goodbye to my Nana, holding on to my mum's arm at Gatwick in 1978.

I cried last week when I saw my friend Alex off to Serbia to see her parents for three months. I couldn't risk seeing my mate Seamus off to Belfast today. It's OK crying over a Sheila, but not a bloke!!!

Yeah, I think its going to be an emtional journey because even though I am glad to be heading home I will also have a touch of sadness at farewelling Australia. It was going to such a wondrful time of my life and it just did not happen for one reason or another! I will then be full of emotional relief when I do touch down in the old home country and then I will be met off the plane by one my oldest friends in Glasgow....another tearfest!!

Hey Ho!

:cute:

Hi Emma

More than 20years ago i first returned to the UK from these shores. I remember being tearful for most part of the flight but when i finally landed in London (it was January and -3) i cried with relief. Some years later i returned (just couldn't shake this land off) but here i am again (with a family) returning to UK once more (for good) and don't suppose it will feel much different when we land this time.

Mixed bag for me.

Good Luck and have a safe flight .

sunni x

Yeah, I know what you mean about being a mixed bag!

Good Luck & safe travels to you too Sunni!

x

Feel for you Emma :hug:

Your entitled to get a little emotional my lovely.

When we left the UK I got upset, not because I didn't want to come to Oz but because of the enormity of what we were doing.

I also sobbed when we landed but that was with joy at seeing my gorgeous family! :wubclub:

Guest guest68546
Yeah, I think its going to be an emtional journey because even though I am glad to be heading home I will also have a touch of sadness at farewelling Australia. It was going to such a wondrful time of my life and it just did not happen for one reason or another! I will then be full of emotional relief when I do touch down in the old home country and then I will be met off the plane by one my oldest friends in Glasgow....another tearfest!!

Hey Ho!

:cute:

For all its faults (or in spite of), at least you'll be landing in Glasgow; anywhere else will always be second best. :jiggy:Hopefully you have a trouble free flight back!!

How did you feel whern you arrived back in the UK? I arrive back on Sunday and I know that when that plane lands in Glasgow I am going to be really emotional! :cry:

Where you?

I know you've wanted this for a while, so now it's actually happening, it's bound to be quite emotional. I'm sure once the initial emotion wears off, you'll be looking forward, let the dust settle, and start organizing your new life, what are your plans?

Good luck with your flight, I hope it's straight forward, I don't like flying either.

Guest AKA63029

I know how desperate you are to get home Emma, and I hope it all works out.

But the flip side to this is that as a hairy arsed middle aged fella I still shed a tear when I land in OZ, been good to me and many happy memories.

With that said, all the best but I know where you are coming from only in reverse.:wubclub:

Been thinking about you hun, wish I was in your shoes this week going home to the motherland, please let me know all your news, safe and happy flying xxx

My smile gets wider the closer we are to Heathrow so by the time Terminal 4 comes into view I am like the Cheshire cat - all smiles and nothing else!

Once I step out of the terminal it is like wearing a comfy pair of shoes but it is all fairly surreal for a few days and I have to pinch myself that I really am here.

Hope you have a good flight home!

I'm feeling cold & wet in Perth at the moment Stacey!

x

course, sorry! the weathers actually been okay, bit like autumn or maybe spring. Not warm but not cold either. I bet you cant wait to land! Have you had any luck with your courses, sorry if i've missed that part x

course, sorry! the weathers actually been okay, bit like autumn or maybe spring. Not warm but not cold either. I bet you cant wait to land! Have you had any luck with your courses, sorry if i've missed that part x

I am very excited about getting home...its been a long time coming!

I got a place at college in Edinburgh but I have applied to college in Glasgow too so fingers crossed in get a place there!

Emma

x

It was miserable. Flew into Heathrow at 3:30pm in January just as the sun went down. Had to get the bus to Reading railway station. Then a train to Plymouth to be picked up by my folks at midnight, to go back to my gran's house who had recently passed away.

The train was packed - I had shedloads of stuff. Eventually got a seat next to nice English bloke who went off and got me a couple of cans of McEwans Export from the buffet bar. What a nice bloke.

Good luck Emmaroo - it won't be getting dark until 11pm when you get back. Have a pint of 80 at Diggers for me (if it is still open). :wubclub:

Archived