Britchick and Pommypaul's Travels Part 2

BritChickx

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers!

So after we stopped at Picton (which has a gorgeous waterfront) we then drove on the scenic route further north-west, the roads being next to the sea and what looked the rainforest! Easily one of the best scenic drives ever, i think it'd top the Great Ocean Road if I'm honest! We stopped a few places along the way, grabbing lunch on ahill with a view of the snowy mountains! Everything looks so lush and green. We're now at a place called Pahara, seen a penguin sign so hoping to spot some in the morning perhaps! Here's a few pics of our journey.....the photos really don't do it justice tho!

P7040009.jpg

P7040018.jpg

P7050044.jpg

P7050059.jpg

P7040009.jpg

P7040018.jpg

P7050044.jpg

P7050059.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen

So just in case I have missed it, what are your thoughts on New Zealand, is it worth going over for a holiday?

Yeah definately! It's very scenic, don't think we've seen nearly the best of it yet though, there's meant to be loads more to do and see down south! I'm disappointed in you Kate! Thought you'd be following this :P

Edited by BritChickx

Guest The Pom Queen
Yeah definately! It's very scenic, don't think we've seen nearly the best of it yet though, there's meant to be loads more to do and see down south!

If we go then I think I'll head there in summer :wink: as the snow on the mountain made me shiver.

We had a niiicee scenic drive from Westport to Hanmer Springs today......going through Lewis Pass.....snowy mountains galore! Was lovely! Hanmer Springs is more of a resort town, with thermal spas and pools and jet boating etc.....tomorrow we're going to take a dip into the pools and maybe have a game of pitch and putt :) more pics and updates to follow! Oh and where we are staying it is part of a Top Ten chain of vanparks....if you join their membership you get 10% off bookings and discount on other things, you can also use your membership in the Big 4 vanparks in Aus! We joined up so shall be saving ourselves a dollar or two :)

Guest Longtime Lurker

Lovely pictures - keep 'em coming. It doesn't seem like a couple of weeks since you returned to the UK from Australia! I wish I was on the other side of the world and about as far away from this weather! DD in US has had temperatures at 40 degrees for the past week! Bit too hot for a sustained period for me.

Thanks :) I know we were only back in the UK 6 months and then were off again lol. The weather here is freeeezing but I couldn't go the other end and stand 40c heat either! I kept waking up in the night because it was just so cold! Def keeping the heating on tonight....

Guest Longtime Lurker
Thanks :) I know we were only back in the UK 6 months and then were off again lol. The weather here is freeeezing but I couldn't go the other end and stand 40c heat either! I kept waking up in the night because it was just so cold! Def keeping the heating on tonight....

What time is it over there?!

Guest Longtime Lurker
it's 647am....soo tired been up since 5. Getting over the jet lag okay tho!

Still having problems with jetlag? Maybe try some herbal sleeping tablets see if that can get you back into a sleep pattern? There is nothing worse than being awake when OH is fast asleep!!

Guest Longtime Lurker
Paul's awake too lol. Was only up early cos it's cooooold. I've been sleeping really well since being in the camper, getting 8 hours a night, just tonight didn't go so well lol. Gonna be asleep well early later!

You'll have to get some thermals to wear at night!