176 lodged May 2012

Jars

Oh My Gosh, I finally pushed the final submit button and have applied...at last I can join in the thread and am on the final home straight...feeling rather shaky just now! Good luck to everyone :)

Welcome Waitingawhile!

Wow, just checked and i got sent an email requesting health checks and PCC and confirming CO. Hope that starts it rolling for everyone

Just noticed the time you posted aidanofl - are you in Oz? If not, you have 'got it' worse than me and Jars! :wink:

Hi guys

Hoping to join this thread awaiting WA SS ....also heading to Perth hubby is spark too :-)

Just a question with the 176 do you have to sign anything? If somehow do you do it online??

Bit of a techno phobe :cute:

Louise

You just tick a box to confirm you agree on online app. Any wet signatures would be scanned and uploaded - think that would just be for form 80 if requested.

My online status still shows as

Application received - processing commenced
despite submitting on 8th May ?

I still have to supply Meds/PCC however, I know that WA provided SS confirmation to the DIAC on 10th May.

CO allocation seems to be a bit unpredictable to say the least !

Hi louise,

We have just been granted our wa ss, it has only took 5 days so getting paperwork sorted to lodge in May gang. The 176 does need signing and so does the WA SS to accept their ss. We print emails, sign, scan and send back via email, saves on time and post. My hubby isa boilermaker and also heading to perth.

:smile:

Louise

UOTE=Loulouhew;1935819056]Hi guys

Hoping to join this thread awaiting WA SS ....also heading to Perth hubby is spark too :-)

Just a question with the 176 do you have to sign anything? If somehow do you do it online??

Louise

My online status still shows as despite submitting on 8th May ?

I still have to supply Meds/PCC however, I know that WA provided SS confirmation to the DIAC on 10th May.

Yes, it will show that until you are assigned a CO. I submitted on 1st May and mine still says the same

Hi louise,

We have just been granted our wa ss, it has only took 5 days so getting paperwork sorted to lodge in May gang. The 176 does need signing and so does the WA SS to accept their ss. We print emails, sign, scan and send back via email, saves on time and post. My hubby isa boilermaker and also heading to perth.

:smile:

Louise

UOTE=Loulouhew;1935819056]Hi guys

Louise

Wow, that was quick!! Looks like WA is back on track again with their processing times.

My online status still shows as despite submitting on 8th May ?

Maybe they allocate the onshore apps first?

If not, then it does seem totally random - not in date order. I know a couple of our friends in the March thread have been granted their visas today - maybe its just a case of grabbing a new case off the pile after you have granted one? Or maybe they rummage through and pick the easy peasy ones - or maybe they look at how many times people have checked their application status (1 million plus times for me and Jars ):wink: and think "lets make those buggers wait". :tongue:

New day tomorrow folks....

or maybe they look at how many times people have checked their application status (1 million plus times for me and Jars ):wink: and think "lets make those buggers wait". :tongue:

Whahaaa!! We'd better ease off then - see if that works :wink:

Guest Mr MNC
The case allocation seems a bit random ..........

Pleased for you though. Had you submitted any employment evidence previously?

No I did'nt submit any employment evidence previously, I'm not claiming any points for my work experience (long story, lets just say that I found CPA extremely pedantic!, decided that it was easier/faster to go back and do the general training IELTS for the extra points, I'd already done the academic IELTS for my skills assessment). They want to verify that I have worked 12 out of the last 24 months. I just sent them my reference from my old employer, hopefully that's enough!

Maybe they allocate the onshore apps first?

If not, then it does seem totally random - not in date order. I know a couple of our friends in the March thread have been granted their visas today - maybe its just a case of grabbing a new case off the pile after you have granted one? Or maybe they rummage through and pick the easy peasy ones - or maybe they look at how many times people have checked their application status (1 million plus times for me and Jars ):wink: and think "lets make those buggers wait". :tongue:

Hi smithinoz, you guys got a lively gang in here.

Onshore visa apps lodged online are processed in Brisbane and our offshore visa stuff is processed in Adelaide.

CO allocation is different from grants as for the latter they are usually waiting for the applicant to send/update/finalize stuff. CO allocation has a 'service charter' so I speculate that it's faster than, say, a grant.

I think, apps are batch allocated to CO-teams so it's all about their workload and a bit of luck. Just get your other stuff ready like Meds and PCCs so you won't loose much time after you do get a CO.

I like your theory of "lets make those buggers wait", if you and Jars hit the 'million counter', multiply that by 5 for each of the fortnight since I lodged mine - No wonder that I don't have a grant yet :laugh:

You and Jars have a good chance of CO allocation this week. Wish you guys all the best.

Hi smithinoz, you guys got a lively gang in here.

Onshore visa apps lodged online are processed in Brisbane and our offshore visa stuff is processed in Adelaide.

CO allocation is different from grants as for the latter they are usually waiting for the applicant to send/update/finalize stuff. CO allocation has a 'service charter' so I speculate that it's faster than, say, a grant.

I think, apps are batch allocated to CO-teams so it's all about their workload and a bit of luck. Just get your other stuff ready like Meds and PCCs so you won't loose much time after you do get a CO.

I like your theory of "lets make those buggers wait", if you and Jars hit the 'million counter', multiply that by 5 for each of the fortnight since I lodged mine - No wonder that I don't have a grant yet :laugh:

You and Jars have a good chance of CO allocation this week. Wish you guys all the best.

Cheers toOZ2012 :biggrin:

We do seem to have a lively team - its great isn't it?! I prefer to try and keep upbeat about things or I would end up rocking in the corner of the room. Glad you seem to have got your email issue sorted. I'm sure you will hear soon. If Karma has anything to do with it you should have been granted weeks ago - you always seem to be the first to offer support to other peeps - including me :notworthy: - thanks.

Cheers toOZ2012 :biggrin:

We do seem to have a lively team - its great isn't it?! I prefer to try and keep upbeat about things or I would end up rocking in the corner of the room. Glad you seem to have got your email issue sorted. I'm sure you will hear soon. If Karma has anything to do with it you should have been granted weeks ago - you always seem to be the first to offer support to other peeps - including me :notworthy: - thanks.

Thanks for your kind words, smithinoz.

Oh yeah, I remember Karma - she and I are not on speaking terms :laugh: