176 lodged May 2012

Jars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GET IN, We are in the May gang, just submitted the 176 Visa just now (-£2k) , did try yesterday but the bloody think was on the blink... Well Hi every one hope everything is going well for you all and hope you dont mind another one joining the "MaY GanG"

The more the merrier :-) Wow, just looked at your WASS timeline- that was fast!! Good luck with your application

The more the merrier :-) Wow, just looked at your WASS timeline- that was fast!! Good luck with your application

We was surprised how quick it was. And we will be looking forward to this thread, i have seen this thread a lot but never thought that we would be joining it.... WooP WooP

Guest chertique

Hello, I'm getting nervous now. I've just submitted WA SS yesterday, on 29th May 2012.

Not sure will I be on time for 176 Visa application.

Problem is my IELTS results: Listening 7, Reading 8, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7, Av. 7

Before this I thought for WA SS requires all Band 7, but my agent told me can try to submit..

Hi Chertique for WA SS the only criteria you now need is the critieria set by DIAC- before in 2010 they set all sorts of things such as ielts 7s and so many years of exp in your ocucpation but now it is not the case you just need to meet the point test so if you do will be ok.ps on WAs site they have updated it and it says assessment takes 5 days and also that all assessments before 19th of may have now been processed!

Smithinoz if everything is uploaded it won't take long bet you hear by the weekend :)

pols008 which country are you applying for pcs from? in uk you download the forms off the acpo site and fill them in and send with signed photos etc!

Hi everyone, hope you are all still enjoying this wonderful sunshine. We have booked our medicals for next Thursday and will be sending of for our police checks after the bank holiday when our photos have been signed, still no word from a CO but did not think we would have one this early so we will keep waiting patiently.

Amanda:biggrin:

Hi guys, just wanted to join this thread as we too have lodged our 176 just end of last week.. think all the docs they require have been uploaded, do we now wait for a co and will they tell us the next steps to take. ie medicals/ police checks ect.. thanx Linda.. :biggrin:

Hi there "THE HULLS" are you from Hull, that's were we are from, and it looks like we are roughly on the same timeline journey... GooD LuCk...

Hi all,

just had our meds done today and our applications says 'processing further' - does this mean we have a CO??

Thanks!

I believe so, although mine changed to this the day after I submitted it. Didn't hear from my CO for another 2 weeks after that. Fingers crossed for you.

hi smithinoz, thanks for your reply, getting quite excited about it all now! got an email regarding our police checks yesterday saying they are being processed too so hopefully our application shouldnt have anything outstanding within the next couple of weeks and then we just have to wait and see!

Guest trailblazer

Hi, I have applied for 176 few weeks back with Victoria SS. I got email about the allocation of CO yesterday night. All the documents requirements are met except:

Medicals

Police Clearance Certificates

English Ability (spouse)

Specific Work Experience (8 out of last 10 years)

The email says that :

You have indicated that you wish to be considered for specific employment points. Please provide evidence of skilled employment in a skilled profession for a total of 8 out of the last 10 years (prior to your lodgement date of dd MMM 2012). The evidence you provide must cover the entire claimed period. Include as much of the following evidence as possible:

● Pay slips covering the period of claimed work experience;

● Bank statements showing payment of salaries into personal bank accounts;

● Taxation Documents.

But I have not stated it in application as I have got my skills assessed for nominated occupation (261313 - Software Engineer) by ACS with 4 years of experience.

Yes prior to these 6 years (before mid 2005) I worked in private computer education center. But I was getting my salary in cash as it was just a little bit more than the pocket money. I do not have any payslips or tax returns. Above all the centre is closed for many years (in fact I left for my new job few months after it was closed and everyone booted out).

Please guide me how to proceed with the requirements.

Not sure how to help you trailblazer- do you actually need the 8 yrs for points- is that the number of years that you have claimed points for or was it just 3? if it was 3 or five and you can provide evidence for points in other ways eg ielts just send the relevant info and explain in an email! if you need to provide evidence of 8 yrs of experience in order to gain the points- it has to be relevant full time employment at the skilled level.http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/points-work-experience-study.htm

Hi, I have applied for 176 few weeks back with Victoria SS. I got email about the allocation of CO yesterday night. All the documents requirements are met except:

Medicals

Police Clearance Certificates

English Ability (spouse)

Specific Work Experience (8 out of last 10 years)

The email says that :

But I have not stated it in application as I have got my skills assessed for nominated occupation (261313 - Software Engineer) by ACS with 4 years of experience.

Yes prior to these 6 years (before mid 2005) I worked in private computer education center. But I was getting my salary in cash as it was just a little bit more than the pocket money. I do not have any payslips or tax returns. Above all the centre is closed for many years (in fact I left for my new job few months after it was closed and everyone booted out).

Please guide me how to proceed with the requirements.

Looks like the only option left is a stat dec. If you don't need the 8 years to get the points then you can tell that to your CO. Good luck!

Looks like the only option left is a stat dec. If you don't need the 8 years to get the points then you can tell that to your CO. Good luck!

hey there toOZ2012, we have a similar issue, where we have to prove that i have worked in my trade 12 of the last 24 months. I have been working in a couple of different jobs and only one that i have actual payslips for which covers 6/7 months. I have been working all the other months but no payslips received as i worked for cash, similar to above, (very little pay). I can get a letter confirming i worked with that company for 5 months but no payslips / tax returns available.

My question is can we get a stat dec for this (we are living in Ireland) and if so what type of info needs to be written on it and who signs it. Does my old boss need to be a party to this also??

We are so stressed with this as we are afraid it will crush our chance of visa simply because we don't have payslips / tax returns :-(

Thanks in advance for your help/advice or if anyone else has an answer for us that would be great!!!!

Guest sophyjosh

We had good news today we got a CO, and got our positive police checks back! Just medicals next Thursday to pass. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel at last! :biggrin:

Just received automated email confirming lodgement of our visa :biggrin:

It mentions completing form80 and 1221 but have seen posted before that not everyone has to complete these ? Should I do them ready or wait to see if we are asked for them?

Thanks

Just received automated email confirming lodgement of our visa :biggrin:

It mentions completing form80 and 1221 but have seen posted before that not everyone has to complete these ? Should I do them ready or wait to see if we are asked for them?

Thanks

My CO asked for these forms specifically. I have seen some people say to ignore the automated email. However, I would recommend completing the forms just in case. When the CO asked for them j was able to return them straight away.

Archived