Unhappy Perth poms fancy meeting up ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I quite disappointed. Would have been nice to have met a few people in rather sme situation as me. Only have a week and a half left . My containers arrived at home today, I am starting to look forward to getting back now. Haven't enjoyed playing single parent.

OMG !!!! why did someone have to change it to upset the camp ....!! just go with the easy option so all are happy , your still welcome at my place for the FA Cup ......thats why i wasnt going plus im working shifts.......but tell u what , i will organize it next time, at least 4 weeks in advance ....shame guys as it would have been a good night ect .....

Guest janeubu
Ok aborted due to lack of interest.

Hi ghost sorry had a mad week only jus logged on to check the meet up arrangements an gutted to see its all off . Shame oh we'll I an defo goin home to Solihull in August , hope you have safe journey home to your wife . Who have you used to take your shipment back ? This is my plans for nx week booking flights back dog ect so glad I came here so I can move on with my life but I miss my daughter so much I just have to be with her. , I totally get your wife feelings, Perth is lovely but very lonely xgood luck

I thought your children went home with your wife? What age is the child you have with you? I wish I only had a week and a half to go. I'm waiting for my nephew's partner to have their first child in July - its a bloody hard slog.

My eldest ,18, went home with my wife, I have my younger two 14,11 still with me .

im going to be honest and say i think you are a rotton lot , this guy is about to go back and u couldnt go out of your way ........i have an excuse i have 5 children and work shifts,but come on he has been asking for a while ......

OMG !!!! why did someone have to change it to upset the camp ....!! just go with the easy option so all are happy , your still welcome at my place for the FA Cup ......thats why i wasnt going plus im working shifts.......but tell u what , i will organize it next time, at least 4 weeks in advance ....shame guys as it would have been a good night ect .....

Makes little difference how much notice is given if folk don't confirm theit intent one way or another at least a day or so prior to the event.

Guest guest17301
Possibly so but surely it shouldn't be difficult to arrange in Perth an adult meetup sans kids?

Depends how many of the respondents have kids..Ive missed a lot of meet up because of same reason. Family meets dont seem to be organised any more. last big one was organised by my friend (ex PIOer)Janette nearly 3 yrs ago...it was huge and a big success.

Depends how many of the respondents have kids..Ive missed a lot of meet up because of same reason. Family meets dont seem to be organised any more. last big one was organised by my friend (ex PIOer)Janette nearly 3 yrs ago...it was huge and a big success.

You surprise me there. Perth being more a family orientated city I thought it was just us childless folk that missed out. Saying that this will be the second attempted meeting in side a year that came to nothing.(not PiO other though)

Makes me think all too many folk feel more comfortable communicating through a keyboard than real communication sadly...

We managed a girls drink in the city last year but organised that through our sister site, but that was in the evening and as Fiona says those with children the OH's babysit. I organised a couple of family meets when we first arrived and they were well attended and Janette organised one (hadn't realised it was that long ago Fi). To be honest they're difficult - times and places don't suit everyone, sometimes people don't want to meet up with a big crowd but would prefere a smaller gathering, some people don't want pubs.

Keep trying!!

hello, I'm up for a lil whinging! Has a bar, date and time been chosen yet?

Adam

Yes May 5....or perhaps you mean a future get together? Well the fellow (Ghost) behind the last aborted attempt is I believe flying out in a matter of days so no. No one else has taken the bit between the teeth to attempt anything so radical....excuse my cynicism.

If there is to be another why don't you start a new thread? I still feel a City location is the way to go.....

but its always the lucky shag !!!!!.........why dont we meet in a quiet place so we can hear each other ,then move on if we feel the need.......?

Think the Moon and sixpence was suggested ... A group of the girls from Perth Poms met there, it's central, good for the those coming in by train.