The Australian economy to collapse.

RioMarina

Thanks. Such wit. Any contribution to the topic old lad. People welcome that, not personal hits old lad.

I was being honest - not a dig I promise. You've been a bit of an enigma mate (only posting on this thread for 12 months+) I wondered if you were one of the posters from housepricecrash or something, so I read some of your back posts. Happy it has fallen into place for you.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Letting all those poms in has certainly sent the country downhill (just joking)

I find dustyroad's comment strange. How did immigration cause the GFC? If anything immigration increases competitiveness. Strange comment.

The mass flood of immigration and aided to worsen the effect of the GFC due to the extra strain on services such as hospitals and benefits. In the UK the whole world seems to descend on it to then claim for 5 kids and a free house etc...

immigration isnt as controlled in the UK as it is in Oz.

The austerity measures arent working due to the strain on these services

The mass flood of immigration and aided to worsen the effect of the GFC due to the extra strain on services such as hospitals and benefits. In the UK the whole world seems to descend on it to then claim for 5 kids and a free house etc...

There are issues to be discussed with immigration. There are pros and cons. But they have absolutely no relation to the GFC. I suggest you start doing some research. Start with Thatcher and Reagan, as that's when the seeds were sown. Then I suggest you have a good look at how the media manipulate our lives. You do need to think about what you read and what's being said - or you just become a puppet.

• 3 weeks later...

Nonsense. As above, avail yourself of some facts and statistics.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Well this thread was started over a year ago and there's still no sign of the Australian economy collapsing, in fact unemployment went down recently and Australia has one of the lowest unemployment figures in the world and this year had their 21st year in a row of good or great growth. That's what I mean about predictions, there rarely correct.

Well this thread was started over a year ago and there's still no sign of the Australian economy collapsing, in fact unemployment went down recently and Australia has one of the lowest unemployment figures in the world and this year had their 21st year in a row of good or great growth. That's what I mean about predictions, there rarely correct.

I think predictions are often correct. It's the timing that's the hard part.

Lets hope it happens, we need a big surge in the dollar to give us that dream lifestyle, our jobs won't be effected in Australia, so if theres a recession, or mini recession that might see the dollar climb up to nearly 2.5 to £1 that would be amazing, it would give us an extra $250,000 to go with.

Rose tinted Hoff- It seems like you want Australia to be in recession,not me. I was just pointing out the obvious. Australia was good 8 years ago. Not so now. You've missed the boat mate.

Rose tinted Hoff- It seems like you want Australia to be in recession,not me. I was just pointing out the obvious. Australia was good 8 years ago. Not so now. You've missed the boat mate.

It certainly feels that Oz is starting on a downward trend and UK slowly climbing back to recovery. I wish people wouldn't post about how great employment prospects are in Oz until they try to get a job here. My skills are in great demand in SE UK - I'm willing to bet that I'd struggle possibly to get work in the North of UK . So has UK picked up? not everywhere and certainly not for graduates as far as i can see. When you're a bit ancient like me you get to understand that there are always peaks and troughs. Australia has has a great run, and things will pick up again at some stage, but I don't feel it is booming now

• 1 month later...
Yep, carry on predicting things for long enough and when it eventually happens the predictors can say what a genius they are.

If the dollar does fall to say $0.54 to the pound then there could be a lot of profit taking from external investment as this was the level that alot piled in to the Oz assets. There could be a domino effect coming soon. Investors will not want to start losing out on currency fluctuations when starting to make losses. Risk will be too high and a major run could happen. Watch this space.

If the dollar does fall to say $0.54 to the pound then there could be a lot of profit taking from external investment as this was the level that alot piled in to the Oz assets. There could be a domino effect coming soon. Investors will not want to start losing out on currency fluctuations when starting to make losses. Risk will be too high and a major run could happen. Watch this space.
no need to watch this space.

The big players will have hedged. It will only hurt the little people - but many more of the little people will see it as a bargain, so it should balance out. If you want a currency crisis - look to Asia. That will be fun to watch over the next 12 mths.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Reserve Bank of Australia downgrades economic growth forecast as mining investment declines

By business reporter Pat McGrath

Updated Fri 9 Aug 2013, 3:57pm AEST

PHOTO: The RBA expects industries outside of resources to replace some of the wealth lost in the downturn in mining investment.

MAP: Australia

The Reserve Bank of Australia has cut its growth forecast for the economy.

In its latest statement on monetary policy, the RBA predicts the economy will grow by 2.25 per cent this year.

The forecast is down from 2.5 per cent in its previous statement.

This growth figure in Australia, is almost double the UK growth figure and apparently the UK is booming all of a sudden and is one of only three countries in the EU to be having growth. Australia is still doing far better than most other countries in the world, so don't panic, it's not the end of the world yet, lol.

Reserve Bank of Australia downgrades economic growth forecast as mining investment declines

By business reporter Pat McGrath

Updated Fri 9 Aug 2013, 3:57pm AEST

PHOTO: The RBA expects industries outside of resources to replace some of the wealth lost in the downturn in mining investment.

MAP: Australia

The Reserve Bank of Australia has cut its growth forecast for the economy.

In its latest statement on monetary policy, the RBA predicts the economy will grow by 2.25 per cent this year.

The forecast is down from 2.5 per cent in its previous statement.

This growth figure in Australia, is almost double the UK growth figure and apparently the UK is booming all of a sudden and is one of only three countries in the EU to be having growth. Australia is still doing far better than most other countries in the world, so don't panic, it's not the end of the world yet, lol.

UK GDP growth revised up to 0.7% Economic growth in the UK during the second quarter of the year is revised up to 0.7% by the Office for National Statistics.

0.7 x4 =2.8%. what you think to that Hoffy Ald lad?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
UK GDP growth revised up to 0.7% Economic growth in the UK during the second quarter of the year is revised up to 0.7% by the Office for National Statistics.

I don't think much of it TBH, here's the forecast for the year from just a few days ago.

18th August 2013. CBI says UK economy to grow by 1.2% in 2013

The CBI said the economy "has started to gain momentum and confidence is picking up"

Continue reading the main story

UK Economy

GDP explained

Economy tracker: GDP

Calculate your inflation rate

What is inflation?

The CBI business lobby group has increased its forecast for UK economic growth for 2013 from 1% to 1.2%.

Like I said, 1.2% is just about half of the figure of growth predicted in Australia, we are supposedly booming so Australias economy must be zooming, lol

Gvnmt finances aren't as simplistic as ,multiplying one quarters figures X 4 are they tho?

Hasnt Osbourne just borrowed 488 million?

Things ARE picking up here imo,but its not a boom,wages are still stagnating for instance

#Balance is good,whether that be the UK or Aus,its not hard to do#

I don't think much of it TBH, here's the forecast for the year from just a few days ago.

18th August 2013. CBI says UK economy to grow by 1.2% in 2013

The CBI said the economy "has started to gain momentum and confidence is picking up"

Continue reading the main story

UK Economy

GDP explained

Economy tracker: GDP

Calculate your inflation rate

What is inflation?

The CBI business lobby group has increased its forecast for UK economic growth for 2013 from 1% to 1.2%.

Like I said, 1.2% is just about half of the figure of growth predicted in Australia, we are supposedly booming so Australias economy must be zooming, lol

Them lot change their predictions every week. Looks like their model works. You Keep listening to them Hoffo Ald lad. Or you can read the actual growth rate from National statistics. My worry is the downturn in Oz at the moment not the upturn in the UK.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I think Australians have had it too good for too long, 21 years of consecutive growth, one year it's economy grew by 9% so a measly 2.25% seems a bit rubbish to folks living there, but to the UK and most other countries in the world 2.25% growth is fantastic.

I think Australians have had it too good for too long, 21 years of consecutive growth, one year it's economy grew by 9% so a measly 2.25% seems a bit rubbish to folks living there, but to the UK and most other countries in the world 2.25% growth is fantastic.
I am not been my normal self (pub) lets hope no one ends in the **** as you have all tried and spent life savings to attain a goal so lets pray we all win and have children who are proud of us.

Archived