Done!

AaronS

Well done Aaron, must be a huge weight off your shoulders, best of luck and hopefully you wont be separated for too long.

Guest famousfive

Nothing like knowing what you want,going for it and getting it.Enjoy feeling like yourself again.......it's amazing how having to live with a wrong choice can make you question your self-worth,silly perhaps...and yet it happens.

Good luck to you and yours.All the best for the next chapter in your lives.

Thanks all. This next week and a half need to fly by. I get tears in my eyes looking at my little ones knowing I want be able to wrap my arms around them for a good year. Not liking that thought at all....but it's what has to be done.

Started sorting through things to take now and things to ship. It took two years of work to get here. Not to mention putting all my friends and family through emotional hell and turning my wife and kiddos lives upside down.

My wife spoke to her director today and mentioned our situation to her. Funny thing is she is going through the same thing. She's abroad in Singapore and she wants to go home as well. So she was sympathetic to our situation. She told my wife in 6 month (thats when the obligation to the relocation is up) that she'll work with her to have the same position but work from the US. That's great news for us.

Makes me a little sad knowing this is the end of the dream. I've probably had my toes in the sand for the last time this past weekend. This Wednesday will probably be my last BBQ with the friends we have made here (only one family). I'll probably have my last run through the forest next to our house this weekend. I hope the skies are clear next Tuesday night so I can step outside and see the southern cross one last time as well.

Started sorting through things to take now and things to ship. It took two years of work to get here. Not to mention putting all my friends and family through emotional hell and turning my wife and kiddos lives upside down.

My wife spoke to her director today and mentioned our situation to her. Funny thing is she is going through the same thing. She's abroad in Singapore and she wants to go home as well. So she was sympathetic to our situation. She told my wife in 6 month (thats when the obligation to the relocation is up) that she'll work with her to have the same position but work from the US. That's great news for us.

Makes me a little sad knowing this is the end of the dream. I've probably had my toes in the sand for the last time this past weekend. This Wednesday will probably be my last BBQ with the friends we have made here (only one family). I'll probably have my last run through the forest next to our house this weekend. I hope the skies are clear next Tuesday night so I can step outside and see the southern cross one last time as well.

Thats the ole' end of an era feeling. Friend of mine who lives in Perth, never liked it & is returning after 5 yrs but now starting to enjoy herself there because that feeling of being trapped she had, has finally lifted & now in someways she feels sad & scared tho' excited too. She is also coming home with a young family & talking to her reminds me of all the emotions we had.. Definately a start of a new exciting chapter - Has been for us, we look at the UK with different eyes. Amazing what you see when you take off the blinkers & stop reading/believing the negativity of the papers! good luck with everything.

Thats the ole' end of an era feeling. Friend of mine who lives in Perth, never liked it & is returning after 5 yrs but now starting to enjoy herself there because that feeling of being trapped she had, has finally lifted & now in someways she feels sad & scared tho' excited too. She is also coming home with a young family & talking to her reminds me of all the emotions we had.. Definately a start of a new exciting chapter - Has been for us, we look at the UK with different eyes. Amazing what you see when you take off the blinkers & stop reading/believing the negativity of the papers! good luck with everything.

All of this hits home. Since we decided it was time to go things seem to have turned to enjoying being here...but because the thought of going home was there. It was just a suprised it happened so fast (just as much as how fast we got here). Since being here the negativity I had toward the US has lifted as well. Mainly because I disengaged from the politics there....which I fully intended to continue avoiding.

Archived