Page 1 of 1233 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1263 times
      Rep

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

I know that B.E. has their parent visa thread......why dont we have one?

All parent visa applicants.....here is your own thread in order to ask questions, chat, moan and groan....whatever you wish!

Good Luck to you all and looking fwd to hearing from you x

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1263 times
      Rep
      Bumping this up! Where are all our `parents`????

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      Great,will look forward to hearing from other parent,s wanting to get to oz...we will be able to pick your brains,hopefully to help keep us going on the journey to be with our family in oz .Were back in the u.k at the moment,mixed emotions missing so many things about u.k,but allso want to be with our family in oz,bet were not allone in our thinking ...

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      120 times
      Rep
      Hi

I think there is already a Contributory Parent Visa thread on here but hey we are willing to participate in anything to do with CPV. We have actually already applied for the normal parent visa but are thinking of switching to the CPV. We are just trying to work out the finances - will need to sell the house which is difficult in the current market and of course the exchange rate is not great.

Our biggest headache is trying to work out pensions and what and how to transfer these to Oz and whether we will be able to survive. Any thoughts or advice on this is welcome. We have already taken some professional advice but ended up more confused than ever!

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      We applied on shore for our CPV in February 2010. Had medicals and police checks done the same month. Thought it would take 12-18 months but before we returned to the UK in April, were informed that the visa would be granted in June as soon as we returned to Oz and paid our final payment.

Title
      Liked
      6 times
      Rep
      we are like u dont know if we should go for cpv.because of the financial climate etc...would we be leaving ourselves short of money in the future....at our age 59 and 60 u couldnt earn that money back !!!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      110 times
      Rep
      Vron

If you don't go for the CPV and end up on the normal parent visa your life will go on hold for a good few years waiting for that one to come through.
      I know it's a lot of money for the CPV but we did it and moved here 19 months ago and we are 60 and 59.
      I know we certainly would not put our lives on hold for the normal parent visa.

Good Luck with whatever you choose and Good Luck to everyone else on here

Caz

Title
      Reg. Migration Agent
      Liked
      272 times
      Rep
      Hi guys,

FWIW, I got a Subclass 103 parent visa application through this week for a couple whose queue date was 03 December 2002 although the application was self-lodged about two years before that.

That should give you an idea of the time line for a non-CPV application.

Cheers,

Les
      Last edited by Les Mighalls; 29-05-2010 at 06:48 PM.
      Les Mighalls BDS LLB(Hons) LDS FACLM, MARA Reg. No. 0639714
      Migration Assistance Australia
      www.migrationassistance.com.au

Title
      Liked
      16 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by maisies View Post
      We applied on shore for our CPV in February 2010. Had medicals and police checks done the same month. Thought it would take 12-18 months but before we returned to the UK in April, were informed that the visa would be granted in June as soon as we returned to Oz and paid our final payment.
      Hi there, we are trying to pursuade our parents to apply for a CPV but they are reluctant because an agent said it would cost in the region of 55,000. they were expecting it to be abut 25,000...obviously it would depend on the exchange rate.

without asking too much of a personal question...are you able to confirm how much you have spent getting the visa in AUD dollars? I thought i read on DIAC with was circaAUD $35,000 but are there additional costs, for instance if you need extra medica cover which would bump them up?

Cheers

Jo

Title
      Liked
      302 times
      Rep
      Quote:
      The 2010-11 Parent Migration program will consist of:
      1000 places for Parent category visas; and
      7500 places for Contributory Parent category visas

Of these it is expected that in the Parent category, approximately 700 places will be allocated to Parent (Subcalss 103) visas and 300 places will be allocated to Aged Parent (Subclass 804) visas. In the Contributory Parent category, it is expected that approximately 7000 places will be allocated to Contributory Parent (Subclass 173 or Subclass 143) visas and 500 places will be allocated to Contributory Aged Parent (Subclass 884 or Subclass 864) visa.

The above quote is from BE, assuming that its pukka, the time for a parent visa will be ridiculously long unless you are willing to do the contributory route.

Maisies, yours is the second onshore visa I've heard in the last few days that has gone through really quickly. It's a really tempting way to go, although I would need my husband with me as he is the 'aged' one.

We were out in Sydney in January/February this year and our daughter told us we were to be grandparents in July! So, I am going back in August to see the new one. Sadly, we cant afford two of us going again so quickly, but as its my birthday then (the big 60!) I got the trip!

It really seems if you can get the onshore option, you can do everything quickly.

Maisies, any info on the way you handled your application would be much appreciated.

Good luck to all in the various queues,

Pam

•