Complicated family setup (applying for spouse Visa / UK Court for Leave to remove)

LaddermanUS

Whilst I know nothing of this process or Cafcas my reading of this interview is a little different to yours. I have a background in interviewing techniques which helps.

It is very likely that the interviewer did not actually accept your ex's story but it is necessary that you be fully challenged on the contents. Many interviewees suspect bias against them in such interviews but it is rarely the case. It is merely the method by which you establish the facts. A friendly, agreeable interview would be all wrong. The reason that there was little discussion about the contact proposals was probably because they were already satisfied.

You will have no idea how the interview with your ex went either.

Hope this helps a little.

• Like 1

Whilst I know nothing of this process or Cafcas my reading of this interview is a little different to yours. I have a background in interviewing techniques which helps.

It is very likely that the interviewer did not actually accept your ex's story but it is necessary that you be fully challenged on the contents. Many interviewees suspect bias against them in such interviews but it is rarely the case. It is merely the method by which you establish the facts. A friendly, agreeable interview would be all wrong. The reason that there was little discussion about the contact proposals was probably because they were already satisfied.

You will have no idea how the interview with your ex went either.

Hope this helps a little.

absolutely agree with this. If your ex has made these allegations it's cafcass role to fully investigate this. Can you imagine the outrage if the ex alleged all this but then cafcass just immediately accepted what you said at face value. Then something (God forbid) happened to your child.... The cafcass worker would be torn to shreds (we see this all the time with social workers and children who are abused). As you say, it's about the best interest of the children, and if there is an allegation of abuse, it would be remiss if the cafcass worker not to robustly interrogate that to satisfy themselves as far as they possibly can that the children are safe. You were able to rebut all those allegations and it sounds like there is no evidence to substantiate them, so try not to worry, as G'bye says, you don't know what happened on the other side.

Very best of luck

• 1 year later...

Just wanted anyone interested to know that I got my leave to remove, visa was granted in November 2017 and we are all set to move to Traralgon, Victoria at the end of March this year.  Its been a long hard battle to get to this point, lots of money spent, lots of time, bucket loads of stress during the Court case......but we go there in the end .  Now the panic has set it !  will it work out for us in oZ?   will my kids settle?   Will I be able to move my business to oz?

• Like 6

Just wanted anyone interested to know that I got my leave to remove, visa was granted in November 2017 and we are all set to move to Traralgon, Victoria at the end of March this year.  Its been a long hard battle to get to this point, lots of money spent, lots of time, bucket loads of stress during the Court case......but we go there in the end .  Now the panic has set it !  will it work out for us in oZ?   will my kids settle?   Will I be able to move my business to oz?

What on earth prompted you to aim for Traralgon? there’d be other areas of Gippy ahead of that I’d have thought. All depends what your business is I suppose.

Mind you, last time I was there on a bushfire recovery and they did cope with that quite well.

It’ll either work or it won’t and you can move on if it doesn’t.

• 1 month later...

Well im now one week away from moving to Melbourne.  Out stuff was sent 3 weeks ago with anglo pacific (so far so good with them) and is expected to arrive 3 -4  weeks after we arrive.  Got a house and car sorted and kids are enrolled in schools !   So far so good.  Im excited but also nervous about the move, going to throw everything I have at it to make it work.  It has taken us two years to get to this stage (with the court case etc).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LaddermanUS said:

Well im now one week away from moving to Melbourne.  Out stuff was sent 3 weeks ago with anglo pacific (so far so good with them) and is expected to arrive 3 -4  weeks after we arrive.  Got a house and car sorted and kids are enrolled in schools !   So far so good.  Im excited but also nervous about the move, going to throw everything I have at it to make it work.  It has taken us two years to get to this stage (with the court case etc).

Moving to Melbourne? I thought you were going to Traralgon?   Over 160 km away.....I hope you're not planning to commute!

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

I was without any doubt that my partner would refuse to give permission and he did but then later changed his mind and agreed to sign knowing that our son wanted to go. It was a very stressful time but as soon as he agreed I drove a few hundred miles for him to sign the form. The embassy contacted him by phone shortly after once we submitted the 1229 form to check that he’d given his permission. A very short phone indeed, he was asked if he obviously gave his permission and if he understood the implications of his son moving to Oz. That was it. A month or two later he said he’d made a mistake and that he shouldn’t have signed the form but I think he thought it was too late to do anything about it. I received advice from Major Tom at the time about the whole process which helped me a lot ? 

good luck with your ex partner ??