Dyson from uk or wait

bwatt99

You can bring new stuff in but you have to delcare any new items under 12 months old on your AQIS documents.

Customs just want to make sure you are not bring loads of goods over here to sell. If your bring a Dyson not three there should be no issues, especially if the item is under $1000

We brought a brand new 46" Samsung LCD TV which had never been opened with us in our container (it was a insurance claim that turned up on the day removal peopel where loading up the container)

I left my 5 year old Dyson back in the UK and I am guuted I did not buy a new one considering the prices over here

If I had my time again the two electical things I would buy in the UK before shipping are a Condenser Dryer and a Dyson. Everything else is seems to be roughly the same price except Apple products which are way cheaper out here

• 10 months later...
If you've never owned a Dyson do some research on them.

Personally I'd never recommend them to buy. Can't stand the things. And I've used all sorts of them over the years.

I'd go for a Miele or Sebo every time.

This is good advice, the Miele will be a lot more powerful than a Dyson and better made. I've owned both. I hear the Dyson customer service is a nightmare as well. I notice in the adverts that it (the Dyson) is the most powerful cyclone on the market, that doesn't mean its more powerful than a cleaner with a bag. And yes, buy it before you go, a Miele is a fraction of the price it is in OZ.

Edited by PW1

We have had two different Dysons, and to be honest wouldn't give them house room now. Both of them failed in a catastrophic way (motors burned out) and would have cost more to repair than replace. Just out of warrantee too. We have since bought a Sauber, which wasn't that much more expensive than a Miele, and which does a fabulous job! We also have a Neato automatic vac which goes around the downstairs hard floors every day.

We have had two different Dysons, and to be honest wouldn't give them house room now. Both of them failed in a catastrophic way (motors burned out) and would have cost more to repair than replace. Just out of warrantee too. We have since bought a Sauber, which wasn't that much more expensive than a Miele, and which does a fabulous job! We also have a Neato automatic vac which goes around the downstairs hard floors every day.

I think Dysons are over rated. Would not have one again. Give me my Miele any day. Or a Henry.

Yup Dysons overrated I had three before I saw the light. Bits of plastic break, fall off etc. Also emptying them is messy so good for allergy when using but hopeless when it comes to cleaning them. Guy at the skip said he sees more Dysons than any other brand.

Love my Sebo though, and yes I have to buy bags and filters but I don't sneeze any more and it cleans brilliantly.

I have a Dyson stick vacuum which is fantastic, after 3 weeks the battery died, rang up Dyson and they sent out new battery no questions asked. Don't know you'd get that if it's an import as they refer to their Aus warrenty database.

You cant beat local warranty. Bought a Dc 38 for $250 less as it was a clearout. Had an issue with the head, called them out and they replaced it no questions asked. Just make sure you register the warranty.

would have cost more to repair than replace.

My Dyson motor gave up the ghost but bought a replacement and filter kit for about 40 pounds on eBay shipped to Oz. replaced it myself using YouTube video and it's like brand new

I'm not normally a DIYer but wasn't hard other than explaining why there were grey and purple bits all over the laundry until the parts arrived.