176 lodged in April 2012

jag

Just lodged our 176 application! :cool: Really pleased we've got to this point!!

I'm most of the way through uploading documents, but I'm a bit confused with the medicals and police checks. The Document checklist gives links to the documents needed to book medicals, the forms etc suggesting these are outstanding and need uploading, plus giving you all the info on how to proceed.

Does that mean I need to go ahead and book now? I thought you had to wait until you were contacted by DIAC when a case officer was appointed?

How did the rest of you do it? Advice appreciated.

Getting Meds and PCC when contated by DIAC is still the case. But with CO allocation times in the 3 week range, you'll be in for a significantly faster grant if you front-load your Meds and PCCs. If not you can always do it when CO asks for it. Good luck!

EDIT: As lebourvellec mentioned below, the time from uploading your Meds/PCCs to the time a visa is granted will be taken out from the 1 year you have to validate your visa. For example, if you get the grant 2 or 3 months after your front-loading date then you'll only have 10 to 9 months to validate. So you either get a faster grant or more time to validate.

Edited by toOZ2012

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how many documents you can upload in total? I'm uploading everything in the morning, just naming all my files now and I have about 65 so far with a few others still to be scanned..

There is myself, ay partner and our child on the application.

Any info would be great.

Otherwise ill have to start combining files :)

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how many documents you can upload in total? I'm uploading everything in the morning, just naming all my files now and I have about 65 so far with a few others still to be scanned..

There is myself, ay partner and our child on the application.

Any info would be great.

Otherwise ill have to start combining files :)

Don't upload each file by itself, it'll be a mess for the CO to sort it. Just make nice PDFs for each of the checklist items. Make the life a bit easier for the person who grants our visas :)

I remember reading that the total count was some 60+ and it started showing "limit reached" or something, don't quote me on that.

Edited by toOZ2012

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started with the 176 process (not sure if I'm too late regarding the July 1st deadline but keen to get things rolling anyway). I'm getting quite confused regarding the order in which I can apply for different stages of the 176. Currently I would have 80 points on the DIAC list (assuming state sponsorship from Victoria - the only state that lists my profession). I've just read on this site that I can go ahead and appy for SS in Victoria before having full skills assessment. I have just started concentrating on getting my documents together for VETASSESS, but if this is true I might go ahead and apply for the SS at the same time. Does anyone have a good idea of the timings involved with this overlap, e.g. should I maybe hold off SS a little bit until my VETASSESS is at least underway..... Or does anyone think that I should maybe just aim for the EOI now, given the timescales?

Any help much appreciated,

Chris G

thanks for the link..

Having a BIG problem now though.

I have my TRN number, and I was logged on to my account a few days ago. However this evening when i am trying to access to upload documents I can not get into my account. It keeps saying incorrect password.

The password I used at the start of the application should be right to my knowledge, but is says if I cant get it right there is no option it reset it, Ill have to send all my documents in by post?

Do you get a different password issued after you have paid the fee? or is it the same password as when you first file the application?

Help please, every so slightly freaked out..

thanks for the link..

Having a BIG problem now though.

I have my TRN number, and I was logged on to my account a few days ago. However this evening when i am trying to access to upload documents I can not get into my account. It keeps saying incorrect password.

The password I used at the start of the application should be right to my knowledge, but is says if I cant get it right there is no option it reset it, Ill have to send all my documents in by post?

Do you get a different password issued after you have paid the fee? or is it the same password as when you first file the application?

Help please, every so slightly freaked out..

Hi there

Mine was the same password. You could maybe try filling out the on line enquiry form using your TRN number. Link is below. Or give them a call on the number given on your automated email from when you lodged

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Good luck with getting it sorted out

Millie x

Hi there

Mine was the same password. You could maybe try filling out the on line enquiry form using your TRN number. Link is below. Or give them a call on the number given on your automated email from when you lodged

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Good luck with getting it sorted out

Millie x

yea I thought as much. As when I first started filling out the 176 application i logged on and off a few times before i completed it. I just wasnt sure then if a new code was given after I completed the payment and get my TRN... so confusing.

Ill wait up now and ring them tonight and try and get it sorted out.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Guest popster4

Hi, we are just starting our visa process; I have been researching for months and I am still quite confused. Please help, as things are we cannot get an independent skills visa as we do not have enough points, I think! Could someone please explain to me how you apply for a state sponsored visa, I am confused. What order do I do things in? Do we have to have our skill assessed first? I have not done anything yet. Really want to get things going as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Edited by popster4

yea I thought as much. As when I first started filling out the 176 application i logged on and off a few times before i completed it. I just wasnt sure then if a new code was given after I completed the payment and get my TRN... so confusing.

Ill wait up now and ring them tonight and try and get it sorted out.

Thanks for your reply. :)

PHEW.......

Its working. :)

Hi, we are just starting our visa process; I have been researching for months and I am still quite confused. Please help, as things are we cannot get an independent skills visa as we do not have enough points, I think! Could someone please explain to me how you apply for a state sponsored visa, I am confused. What order do I do things in? Do we have to have our skill assessed first? I have not done anything yet. Really want to get things going as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Hey popster4,

welcome to the start of a long journey. :)

The 176 visa is certainly a fast route at the minute. You need to check what states have you occupation on their list for nomination. You will need your skills assessed, and Ielts exam in most cases especially if your struggling with points. If the state accepts your application you will be awarded 5 extra points. You then have to apply to DIAC for you 176 visa. (that is the current route)

Its very close to the July deadline line so you will need to look up the new changes coming into effect from 1st July 2012.

Best of luck, Hoe this helps a little.

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started with the 176 process (not sure if I'm too late regarding the July 1st deadline but keen to get things rolling anyway). I'm getting quite confused regarding the order in which I can apply for different stages of the 176. Currently I would have 80 points on the DIAC list (assuming state sponsorship from Victoria - the only state that lists my profession). I've just read on this site that I can go ahead and appy for SS in Victoria before having full skills assessment. I have just started concentrating on getting my documents together for VETASSESS, but if this is true I might go ahead and apply for the SS at the same time. Does anyone have a good idea of the timings involved with this overlap, e.g. should I maybe hold off SS a little bit until my VETASSESS is at least underway..... Or does anyone think that I should maybe just aim for the EOI now, given the timescales?

Any help much appreciated,

Chris G

Hey Chris,

It would be very tight to get your application in before July. I applied to WA and I needed a positive skills assessment, however I have heard that Vic do allow you to apply pre assessment, (but im not 100% sure).

You should really get the ball rolling asap if you want to be in with a chance of the current system. You should email Victoria government, they are very quick at getting back to people and you will have your answer.

Also you should go ahead and start you SS application form. You normally have 21 – 28 days to complete your application, that way you can see exactly what you need, and if you run out of time just do it again.

Best of luck

Hey Chris,

It would be very tight to get your application in before July. I applied to WA and I needed a positive skills assessment, however I have heard that Vic do allow you to apply pre assessment, (but im not 100% sure).

You should really get the ball rolling asap if you want to be in with a chance of the current system. You should email Victoria government, they are very quick at getting back to people and you will have your answer.

Also you should go ahead and start you SS application form. You normally have 21 – 28 days to complete your application, that way you can see exactly what you need, and if you run out of time just do it again.

Best of luck

Thanks Jag,

I'll take that on-board. I'm actually planning to get up early tomorrow morning to call the Victoria people to see if they can give me any extra info.

Cheers for the advice!

Chris

I downloaded the pdf Xchanger Free software - thanks to toOz2012 but can't insert a digital signature - Is this a feature of the free software or do I have to upgrade?

Hi,

You have to add your signature as a Stamp under Tools -> Comments and Markup Tools -> Stamp Tool. That's it and you can stamp away your signature anywhere you want :)

Make sure you create a transparent PNG for your signature otherwise it'll look odd.

Edited by toOZ2012

Thanks Jag,

I'll take that on-board. I'm actually planning to get up early tomorrow morning to call the Victoria people to see if they can give me any extra info.

Cheers for the advice!

Chris

A word of caution. Vetassess assessments take at least 16 weeks to come through. So make sure that your sponsorship application is made keeping the timelines in mind.

Hey Chris,

I have heard that Vic do allow you to apply pre assessment, (but im not 100% sure).

Best of luck

Yes, Victoria seems to be the only state that accepts SS applications before skills assessment and waits for the positive outcome before granting the sponsorship.

The time the application is saved seem to vary from state to state, some just 14 days (like WA) and some a bit more. Just open and save again to reset the timer

Will be filing my 176 application by next week :) Got the state sponsorship today woohoo!!! :). Phew it was a crazy journey after the ill-advice of my migration agent to apply for NSW state sponsorship even though ACS had given 3.5 years of assessable experience( I have more than 7 years of experience but ACS counted it as non-assessable), I got rejected by NSW saying that they need minimum 5 years of experience to be approved by ACS. By the time I had realized that I might get in trouble for not having minimum 5 years of experience approved by ACS I had already crossed the date to file a review with ACS. The advise I got from my agent was to file for NT state sponsorship which was crazy , because NT guys take 30 weeks to grant SS , which meant I would not make it before July 2012. Also she was discouraging me not to apply again as the result would be the same....................So then took things in my hand.........filed a new ACS application got 6 years approved filed again for NSW and made it :)

Thanks Jag,

Cheers for the advice!

Chris

Chris, I'd get the applications in ASAP as VETASSESS take a long time to get back to you, heard namy stories of 16+ weeks, so better get an application in soon. Do you have a birthday coming up which could alter your points score? I did and requested urgency processing from Vetassess and they processed mine in less than a month which I was chuffed about. You can download a form off their website for this. Worth a try.

Victoria is good to allow a SS application before skills assessment has come through - I'd definitely consider applying for it, at least you're in the system then.

Good luck!

Yes, Victoria seems to be the only state that accepts SS applications before skills assessment and waits for the positive outcome before granting the sponsorship.

The time the application is saved seem to vary from state to state, some just 14 days (like WA) and some a bit more. Just open and save again to reset the timer

Happy days Illuminati - you must be very pleased to get to this point! We did our application alone and reading stories like this am pleased we did. Seems like some agents offer crazy advice and can really delay the application process. Having said that our application was very straight forward. Good luck with the application!

Lets hope we'll all be celebrating with shiny new 176 Visa's in the not too distant future!!