DRC ( RSMS/ENS ) Timeline

KK SANDHU

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest w79661
Finally I have good news to share.

This afternoon I just got my NOM and VISA approved within an hour of each other.

Timeline as follows:

Applied DRC NOM & VISA at Parramatta on 29.6.2012

Ack letter dated 29.6.2012

No word from CO under straight approval of Nom & Visa today 28.09.12.

Exactly 13 weeks so in my case I must of been allocated a case officer within the 10-12 week guideline.

I'm really in shock but good luck to everyone. I will keep l

Congratulations!!!! You are so lucky mate!

I have my nomination approved 2 weeks ago but haven't heard of anything so far. Does that mean something not good?

Guest natalie1985

Anyone heard any more or have any updates on their visa!!

15 weeks today and no further updates since our acknowledge is August...We have booked a holiday in 6 weeks time and have been advised by our MA that we will need to apply for a Bridging Visa to reenter the country mid Nov if a decision has been made. Also emailed him to confirm we are definately considered as DRC and he said he sent the checklist and the application, but he has no influence on the processing times!!!

Still heard nothing here, and applied mid June. I expect even as drc to have to wait at least a couple more months. There were just so many applications.

You will need to get bridging visa b to leave the country. I had no problems at all getting it, just told them I was going to see my best friend.

This what my agent says:

*Please be advised RSMS cases for late June lodgements are taking about 12-16 weeks to assign case officers. As such we are likely to hear back over the coming few weeks regarding your case. We are not able to make status enquiries as this only floods the RSMS team with enquiries and the response will only be that your case is still awaiting allocation to a case officer, we have been asked by DIAC not to make enquiries for our clients as it only diverts their time to answering enquiries rather than processing applications

I applied for my 857 DRC with Paramatta on 26 June. Today is 16 weeks and still no news. I don't understand why people who applied at the same office on 28/29 June have already been processed. The only thing I can think of is because I have applied for exceptional circumstance with work experience instead of qualifications. However, even if this was taking longer to process I'd need a case officer to determine this. Been very patient until now but starting to get a bit frustrated. No reply from MA either.

I applied for my 857 DRC with Paramatta on 26 June. Today is 16 weeks and still no news. I don't understand why people who applied at the same office on 28/29 June have already been processed. The only thing I can think of is because I have applied for exceptional circumstance with work experience instead of qualifications. However, even if this was taking longer to process I'd need a case officer to determine this. Been very patient until now but starting to get a bit frustrated. No reply from MA either.

hi lachicalatinabex, we r on the same board. I applied 119 DRC to parramatta on 25th jun, no news at all up to now. The thing is 119 is offshore, there is no a bridging visa given. im holding a student visa at the moment which will expire on 14 nov 2012. start frustrating whether or not to extend my student visa before expired

hi lachicalatinabex, we r on the same board. I applied 119 DRC to parramatta on 25th jun, no news at all up to now. The thing is 119 is offshore, there is no a bridging visa given. im holding a student visa at the moment which will expire on 14 nov 2012. start frustrating whether or not to extend my student visa before expired

Why didn't you apply for the onshore one?

Seriously though, it is more the norm to be waiting this long at the moment than having had your visa granted.

There is no logic it seems to who gets a co when. Easier said than done, but just be pacient.

hi blossom79, thanks for ur concern

the reason why I couldn't apply for onshore was because, when I finished my diploma, I had applied for another subject which is not related to the occupation or refers to RSMS (cook) that I am applying now. Being able to get onshore, I should have applied RSMS as soon as I finished my diploma which is in relation to my Occupation.

otherwise, we can apply for onshore if we were holding a graduation visa (485)

Some of the posts here make you question what DIAC really has in terms of a rigid process for DRC.

Images come to mind of an office with stacks of files and C.O walking around saying "Whose pile is this?" and then attending to stuff when no one responds.

It would be interesting to see stats on

--No. of DRC applications submitted (subclass)

--No. of DRC processed - Approved

--No. of DRC rejected as incomplete

--No. of Agent DRC rights cancelled

Etc... however this will probably never be made available.

I'm not being pessimistic but it seems like another way to make money in the market at the expense of applicants.

Sandhu,

There must be a way for you to check the DIAC charter or service agreement and then write to someone or one of the ministers. Go public as it is unacceptable for a visa that has a charter agreement of say 2 months to run into 8 months.

Especially when it is a niche visa like ENS and not the GSB or TR streams.

Good luck

Bonza

119 drc application.. after 17 weeks haven't heard anything. i visited to melbourne immigration office in the first week of september and they said 119 drc applicatons are expected to get co in 10-15 weeks and also advised me to not to visit there again. Even my study is finidhed and student visa is gonna expire in first week of december. If I dont get approval before that then i have to apply student visa again and have to pay immigration fee, college fee, MA fee, medical fee, medibank oshc fee.

119 drc application.. after 17 weeks haven't heard anything. i visited to melbourne immigration office in the first week of september and they said 119 drc applicatons are expected to get co in 10-15 weeks and also advised me to not to visit there again. Even my study is finidhed and student visa is gonna expire in first week of december. If I dont get approval before that then i have to apply student visa again and have to pay immigration fee, college fee, MA fee, medical fee, medibank oshc fee.

Why can't you get a bridging visa? My BVA kicked in as soon as my WHV expired. Why did you apply for 119 not 857 if you were onshore?

Guest natalie1985

Thanks Blossom. How much does it cost and how long does a bridging Visa B take to come through. I really dont want to be paying out more money to immigration if are visa gets approved after we get bridging visa B. Theres a chance we can pay out then our visa gets approved before our holiday so it will be a waste of money!!!

16 weeks today and counting....to make matters worse my bridging visa is dated 16th July, not from the date my WHV expired and VEVO was updated, which was the 19th Septemer. This means my current WHV conditions will stop me working for my existing employer on the 16th January if my visa is not approved by this point!!! all very stressful and frustating as I advised my employer there shouldnt be any issues with my visa. I am the defacto on the visa not the main applicant, so i'm sure my boyfriend will be fine, but I doubt I will!!!

I was just asking why apply for an offshore visa when onshore. Surely an 857 would have made more sense for the whole reason you can get a bridging visa and don't have to leave in order for visa to be granted.

but in apllying offsure is more easier and cheaper and we can travel our country for a reason. thats why i applied offsure

but in apllying offsure is more easier and cheaper and we can travel our country for a reason. thats why i applied offsure

Cheaper yes, but how is it easier?

We considered leaving but after doing some maths worked out that it would actually cost us more with flights, hotels etc.