DRC ( RSMS/ENS ) Timeline

KK SANDHU

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheaper yes, but how is it easier?

We considered leaving but after doing some maths worked out that it would actually cost us more with flights, hotels etc.

I felt i did wrong by applying offsure but i now i cant change it so i i dont wanna regret. i had less knowledge about rsms and i did all the paperwork in few week bcz to apply in pre july. I wanted to stay in melbourne city before approval bcz i am still studying and my agent was too sure that i will get approval before my visa expires.

Hi everybody. just registered (this is my first post).

My timeline:

Rsms Drc 119, Perth, cook

Rcb applied: beginning June - approved: middle of July

Nomination+Visa Application: 28th June

Acknowledgment letter: middle of July

I went to the Immi office for other reasons and as I was already there I have asked about my application and they said they are processing January cases! I don't get it: I told them that my was DRC but the answer was just: "yes but we received so many applications and also so many unexpected drc that it is going to take quite a long time!". and before leaving they said:"look, if you do not hear anything before end of January/beginning of February give us a call!"

ahahah I was about to cry!!! I am sure that my is DRC as I am using a very good lawyer and I know all the documents that he send them.

What I don't understand is why today I have been told all those horrible :arghh: things!!!

Tarrat, you have been told that because that is how it is in most cases. Some are getting through quicker, but most are not.

a DRC that can take up to 7 months? for a low risk? according to what I can read on this forum shouldn't take that long

In normal circumstances that is right. But they have been telling people since June that even drc are greatly delayed. The whole of July was spent just processing payments and sending acknowledgements. And of course more and more applications would have still been coming in. Frustrating, but that is the way it is.

Guest viklund

First post, I have just been reading on this forum before.

I had my DRC - 856 visa approved yesterday.

It was lodge in middle of June 2012, have not had any feedback from any CO.

Until yesterday when it was approved.

It was lodge at Parramatta

From Europe, been working in IT for 11 years.

Cheers

First post, I have just been reading on this forum before.

I had my DRC - 856 visa approved yesterday.

It was lodge in middle of June 2012, have not had any feedback from any CO.

Until yesterday when it was approved.

It was lodge at Parramatta

From Europe, been working in IT for 11 years.

Cheers

Congrats viklund.

Would you mind sharing your case with us? Which day did you apply? Which country do you come from? Applied with any waiver?

Cheers

Guest crusty10003

Hey Folk,

I applied for RSMS 119 June 27th DECISION READY. I rang immigration today to see how long it would take to process my application.They told me that there was nothing on my file to suggest that my applicatioin was considered Decision ready and i should expect to wait 10 months for the allocation of a case officer.

Have any of you guys have had a similar situation? i just told my lawyer and he said he will be looking into it

Hey Folk,

I applied for RSMS 119 June 27th DECISION READY. I rang immigration today to see how long it would take to process my application.They told me that there was nothing on my file to suggest that my applicatioin was considered Decision ready and i should expect to wait 10 months for the allocation of a case officer.

Have any of you guys have had a similar situation? i just told my lawyer and he said he will be looking into it

I have applied like you DRC 119, Perth on 28th of June and when I went to the Immi for other reasons, asking for informations about my sponsorship I have been told that "anyway they are processing applications from January and I have to wayt until January 2013, than I can try to contact them again"!!!

Did you call the rsms department? I am asking this because I think they maybe have not the same information between different departments

Guest natalie1985

Hi all,

Recently been in contact with IMMI for other reason (not my application) but in the end they got someone to check on my application as I need a bridging visa to re-enter the country. I was given a case officer (or so i thought....!!!!) back in August but he moved departments. Today I have been told I do not have a case office, but was sent this standard informatio. Thought I would copy it over as it seems to be the most update to date info we actually have from the department on this forum. Hope its helps:

YOU HAVE WRITTEN TO THE PERTH EMPLOYER NOMINATION SCHEME (ENS) AND REGIONAL SPONSORED MIGRATION SCHEME (RSMS) PROCESSING CENTRE.

**This is an automated response. Please do not respond to this email**

Reminder: POLICY QUESTIONS FROM REGISTERED MIGRATION AGENTS

The Agents Gateway provides information for registered migration agents on visa applications, legislation, registration as well as useful links resources. An on-line form is provided for migration agents with complex policy or procedural questions. Registered Migration Agents should re-direct policy enquiries using this on-line form: http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/contact/feedback/

LATEST UPDATE 18 October 2012

Applications lodged with DIAC in the last weeks of June

At present we are trying to resolve how we move forward in the most efficient manner with the volume of cases we have on hand, but we are in the process of recommencing allocating cases from our pipeline.

However, the volume of cases we have received has impacted on our capacity to allocate cases within the timeframes previously stated. In June we went from having about four months of processing work on-hand to close to nine months. Accordingly under normal circumstances clients might expect to wait for nine months for their case to be allocated if lodged in late June.

Certified DecisionReady Applications

The issue of volume also impacts agent certified “decision ready” cases, where we also have several months worth of cases to allocate. This cohort of applications remains a first priority for DIAC but sheer numbers of applications received means that allocation to case officers is taking 10 – 12 weeks at the moment which is considerably longer than our usual published time frame of three weeks to allocate to a case officer. MINE IS 17 weeks so chasing this with my MA!!!

Please be assured that we are seeking to allocate cases as quickly as possible but please do not make current status requests unless your application is outside the allocation timeframes outline later in this message.

We thank you for your patience during this busy period.

Applications lodged with DIAC post-1 July 2012

Information about the new subclasses (186 and 187) can be accessed via the following address on the DIAC website http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

From 1 July 2012 all applications must be made online. The e-lodgement link can be accessed from the following page on the DIAC website: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/ens-rsms.htm

Whilst the Department’s online systems may work on other browsers it is recommend that you use Microsoft Explorer or Firefox. This is to ensure that they can use the full functionality of our online services.

At a minimum you should be using:

Internet Explorer - Version 8 or higher (Note: Must have the current patch for IE8)

Firefox - Version 11 or higher

GChrome - Version 11 or higher

Safari - Version 5 or higher

Important: Users may be required to change their browser settings to enable the use of DIAC online services. This includes enabling Cookies and JavaScript.

Further information is available on the website

See: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/browser_problems.htm

When commencing an application you will note that there is a 'Print' option on the bottom left hand side. Selecting this option will render a PDF application form with the standard questions and any answers entered. This can be selected at any stage through the application process.

In addition to this, clients can save the application at any time once they create an account after page 4. All pages leading up to this point relate to your personal bio data information, birth, passports, relationship status, other names and citizenships. This is standard on any departmental form.

The online form is interactive, meaning based on your individual circumstances and answers to specific questions the form will expand to capture additional information. If you answer 'yes' to a question you will be required to provide further information or evidence to support that answer.

As stated once saved, clients can logout and return to the application at any stage.

The processing centres are not in a position to assist you with e-lodgement issues. If you are writing about an e-lodgement difficulty please not expect a response other than this auto reply.

If you experience any difficulties with this process please ensure that you are familiar with the material at http://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/ The Service Centre, on 131 881, can also assist with any issues you may be having with lodging applications online.

NB: ENS and RSMS visas have been branded, and located on the DIAC website, within the SkillSelect group of Visas. This does not mean that clients need to use the actual SkillSelect system to lodge ENS and RSMS visas. SkillSelect would only be expected to be used where an employer wishes to nominate a person they have identified through their expression of interest on the SkillSelect system.

DELAYS IN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTERS

In the short term there will be a time delay of up to 10 days on acknowledgement letters for e-lodged applications. You should however receive an automatic Transmission Record Number (TRN) and where applicable automatic confirmation of payment for the application.

If you’re current visa will lapse within 10 days of lodging your application through e-lodgement, you should highlight this in your email to this mailbox.

ATTACHMENTS

All attachments relating to e-lodged applications should be forwarded through the e-lodgement system. They should not be forwarded by mail to processing centres. The only documents mailed to processing centres should be where an original document is requested by the case officer.

This Mailbox

This mailbox is for enquiries about ENS and RSMS applications that are currently with the Perth processing centre.

If you have been provided with the details of this mailbox by this processing centre for a specific purpose, or your enquiry is of an urgent or sensitive nature, you should receive a reply to your email within 5 working days.

Enquiries unrelated to ENS/RSMS

If your enquiry is unrelated to ENS or RSMS you should consult the Department’s website and/or ring the Department’s general enquiry telephone number of 131 881. The processing centre is not able to respond further to your email.

If you have asked a question that does not relate to a current application.

The processing centre is not in a position to respond individually to your email and this automated response will be our only response, but it is important that you read on.

If you have a general question you should first ensure that you have read the relevant website content. The following links will help in accessing this information.

· Informational Booklet No. 5 Employer Sponsored Migration

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf

· Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-186/

· Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-187/

If you still have unanswered questions about application requirements, please phone our Service Centre on – 131 881

We encourage you to lodge all required information and supporting documentation with your application. A “complete” application will make the processing of your application quicker. The processing centres have provided “document checklists” that highlight key information/evidence we are looking for in support of application requirements.

These checklists can be found under SkillSelect on the DIAC website.

Checklist for visa applicants - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/186-applicant-checklist.pdf

Checklist for sponsoring employer - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/186-nomination-checklist.pdf

If you have written to ask how long it will be before your application is allocated to a case officer.

The following is provided as a general answer to this enquiry.

The ENS and RSMS processing network is currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment as per the following table:

Parramatta Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 16 May 2012

Parramatta Processing Centre - RSMS cases which were received on 1 May 2012

Melbourne Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 12 January 2012.

Melbourne Processing Centre - RSMS cases which were received on 12 January 2012.

The Perth Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 21 May 2012.

The Perth Processing Centre RSMS cases which were received on 13 March 2012.

Once your application is allocated to a case officer, they are expected to assess the case in the following working week.

They may decide the application at that time. If this happens they will write advising of the decision.

If it will take longer for a decision to be made they will write advising that they are your case officer and providing their contact details.

It would be appreciated if you could refrain from making general “status” enquiries to the case officer. This is especially applicable where your application is within service standards.

If you do not think your application has been allocated to a case officer and your application was lodged more than a week earlier than the applicable allocation date published above, please make this clear in your email. We will get back to you in such a situation.

Processing Times

How long will the application take to finalise? The Department’s published service standards for the processing of ENS/RSMS applications are at: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

While we attempt to finalise all applications as soon as possible, the service standards acknowledge that 25% of cases will be finalised outside of these time frames.

There are a range of factors impacting individual processing times once an application is allocated, these include, but are not limited to:

- the completeness of the application at time of lodgement;

- how quickly applicants respond to requests to provide documentation;

- complications in obtaining health clearances;

- if police checks haven’t been completed they may take significant time to obtain; and

- checks with third parties to verify claims made in an application.

Thankyou.

Our service standards, client service charter, and providing feedback;

Our Service Standards

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/our-standards.htm

Hi all,

I received my nomination approval on the 9 Oct, and I've submitted my 187 application on 11 Oct as decision ready, but I haven't received the acknowledgment letter yet.

Question to those who got the ack letter already:

On the acknowledgment letter, does it indicate that your application was accepted and certified as decision ready or not?

Guest natalie1985

hi all,

So i have called IMMI and also emailed as I really need to get a briding visa. Turns out I dont have a CO!!! They could also not confirm that my application is confirmed as decision ready.

I asked them for a non generic response re the bridging Visa and this is what I have through:

As mentioned in the automated response to your email, PESE is experiencing significant workload pressures due to the very high number of applications lodged in June 2012. Online lodged applications are also increasing in number. Although we endeavor to prioritise allocating decision ready applications, it is difficult at this stage to meet the service standards that we have for decision ready cases. Your patience regarding this transition period is much appreciated.

Unfortunately since your client's application was lodged at the end of June it is unlikely it will be allocated and processed within five weeks. Your clients may apply for a Bridging Visa B anytime now up until one to two weeks before they wish to depart in order to give us plenty of time to grant it.

Looks like were all gonna have to wait another 2 months or so!!! GREAT!!!