HELP! Advice needed for AHPRA CV!

Guest Kayleigh88

I am in the process of compiling documents and information regarding nurse registration in Australia. I am interested in getting a sample AHPRA standard CV. Any help or infomation you can give will be greatly appreciated. PM me. Thanks

Edited by GeorgeD
Forum Rules: removed personal info

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone..

I need help in my cv too!! in the mid of preparing the doccument.. IT IS SO TEDIOUS!!!!

please please please send me a copy of you CV tomabbie, greatly appreciated.

PM me

Thank you

Edited by GeorgeD

Hi

hope someone could clear by doubt..

what does the clinical/procedural skills mean? do they mean that we have to write all clinical/procedural skills that we know and list it in our cv with proof? example: catherazisation, BCLS, iv cannulation, etc..

for the qualification obtain i just have to attach copies of my cert and transcript? or do i have to include numbers of hours spend in each module? because if this is so, i will have to contact my schools for all these details

PLEASE ADVISE ME!!

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I hope you dont mind but I saw this response to someone elses questions about Ahpra registration help! I am too, wanting a little help, and would be greatful if you could help me! Just to see what your CV looks like I ve started one and looked on many websites to see how to tailor mine, but there also very different! Would be very greatful for any advice on statements for jobs etc too.

many thanks Abbie

PM me

Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:

1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job

2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.

3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.

4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.

5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.

If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.

My application to APHRA was approved without any hiccups in under a month.

Kirstie xx

Edited by GeorgeD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kevin1985
Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:

1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job

2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.

3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.

4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.

5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.

If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.

Kirstie xx

Hi could you send me your CV so I have a sample to follow. PM me

Edited by kevin1985

Hi Kirstie,

I would be more then happy to get by an email a copy of your CV, if possible?

PM me

Thank you so much for your help:rolleyes:

Edited by Tuuli

Hi,

Ahpra is giving me a headache, i have the same question, where two sections seem to ask for the same thing...

Qualifications obtained is one, Bridging Programs / Qualifying Examinations is the other.

What do you put in each?

Currently I have put all 'Qualifications' i have 'Obtained' in the first section, but that leaves nothing for the second section.

If the offer of a look at a completed successful CV is still on please let me know.

Hi guys!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

wow its so nice to see so many other people all struggling with the same problems, makes you relaise your not alone!!

i too am alos struggling to write my Cv as per AHPRA guidlines and if anyone has done this and wouldnt mind PMing me i would be HUGELY grateful.

I am nurse qualified for 15months and will be moving to perth in feb next year with my hubby who has been sponsered for a job out there SCARY bu exciting

thanks emma

xxxx

Edited by GeorgeD

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Has anyone been in the same position as myself, I am a newly qualified nurse so have not got any CPD to add. A lady at the AHPRA office said a graduate can apply for registration so im hoping these parts dont need to be filled in by me. I would be very grateful if someone can forward me a copy of their CV just as a template to work from as im a bit in the dark about it all. PM me

Much appreciated & thanks

Carol-Ann

Edited by GeorgeD

Hi Kirstie, I am a physiotherapist and planning to do my Aphra registration could you please send me copies of your documents and cv please?

Avish Kirstie's cv won't help you as a physio.

she is a nurse

physio registration totally different - you will need to sit exams to get registration.

My husband is applying via New Zealand as they look at your compentancies like HPC does here - once approved you can then get trans Tasmanian recognition allowing you to register and practice in oz you avoid the exams this way and is quite a bit cheape as well

Edited by GeorgeD

• 5 weeks later...

Kirstie xx

Hey, I know I'm being a bit rude but so stuck with the whole application process! Would u mind sending me a copy of your cv? PM me. Your help is much appreciated!

Edited by GeorgeD

Hi! Am a filipino I attended butcher training training an currently working as a butcher for one year now. I am seeking for australian employer who can hire me and work for them in australia. I'm just a high school graduate , 40 years old and have call center experience for almost 4 years in our country philippines, the company I work with before as a calls enter was American company for Bpo base in manila.YOur reply will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Kirstie xx

Hi! im a newbie here and am starting to apply to APHRA. can you pls send me a copy of your cv? pretty pls pls? :) PM me

Thank u so much! GodbLess :)

Edited by GeorgeD

Kirstie xx

Can I be cheeky and have a copy too? Just going through ANMAC and about to do APHRA Thanks Nicola. PM me. Many Thanks x

Edited by GeorgeD

Hey Guys

I'm new to the site!

Currently completing my registration to AHPRA and am lost in a world of paperwork and documents!!!!

Just looking for a bit of help if thats ok with regards to the CV and if its not too cheeky, a look at a template or someone's would be fantastic as I'm totally confused :arghh:

My partner and I are due to move out there in around Sept. He's just been offered a job working as a cop in WA.

Thanks guys :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys!!!i am a newbie here, is there anyone out there who is willing to share their cv. i am very much confused. ur help will be much greatly appreciated. PM me, thank you so much!!!

Edited by GeorgeD

Hi everyone

I have just received my 189 visa this week and am about to send off all my Ahpra stuff to the Perth office. We are planning on being in Perth around the end of May. My question is, do you think my registration will be through in time so I can start working in June? I am planning on joining an agency initially until we get sorted?

I am a bit concerned I've left things a bit late, and reading all the post about Ahpra, the whole process seems to be a bit of a nightmare!hope someone can reassure me!

Thanks

Laura