HELP! Advice needed for AHPRA CV!

Guest Kayleigh88

Guest Kayleigh88

Hey, Ive studied the AHPRA document "Standard Format for Curriculum Vitae" and I have a few questions! Please help me:sad:

1. "Personal Information" does this refer to name, dob, address etc and a personal statement of skills and experience etc?

2. "Bridging Programs/Qualifying examinations" What does this refer to?! I did my GCSE's, AS's, a national diploma in health care studies and then an adult nursing degree but I will have mentioned all of this in the "Qualifications obtained" section, do I ignore this bit?

3. On the actual application itself it mentions an "academic transcript" The second page of my degree certificate has this title which breaks down the modules of the degree course is this what they are asking for? I have read people on here talking about having their university send it directly to the office theyre sending their app to? Do I send the one I have or ask the uni for something else?!

4. "Clinical/Procedural skills" does this refer to certificates that Im going to be sending as part of my CPD anyway e.g cannulation, plastering, blood taking, mandatory training etc?

5. "Internship and Observership" theyve completely lost me here!!! Does this not apply to my qualifications or do they want me to break my degree down and state how many hours of practice i spent in acute, critical care settings etc?

CONFUSED!!! :err:

Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:

1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job

2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.

3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.

4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.

5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.

If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.

My application to APHRA was approved without any hiccups in under a month.

Kirstie xx

• Like 1

Hi Kayleigh,

1) Yes this is name, dob, address, contact number and email address

2)This is all your qualifications so include your GCSE's, AS's, diploma and degree. Don't forget to include certified copies of your certificates for these.

3) The transcript is omething you arrange to be sent directly from your university to APHRA. I have the transcript for my degree and diploma which sounds like what you ahve but i am still going to get it sent directly from my uni because of how specific aphra are about things!

4) Yes this is your cannulation, moving and handling etc. Include certified copies of certificates for anything you list.

5) This probably won't apply to you if you did your training in England. Some countries make nurses have a period of internship or observiship after they qualify and as far as I know this is who this section is directed at.

Hope this help xx

Guest Kayleigh88

Oh guys this is awesome thankyou so much for your replies! really appreciated! Tomabbie a look at what your CV and transcript looked like would be amazing! I only joined thid forum a few days ago though so Iv only learnt the buttons make a thread and quick reply! haha :) I wish I'd joined months ago, your all so willing to help, which when you feel like your on your own is priceless! PM me

Edited by Kayleigh88
Forum Rules: personal info removed

Guest GemJord

Hi

I am jumping on the band waggon here sorry.I am in the same position just trying to figure out what is needed for APHRA. An example copy of your C.V would be a massive help ????? i was also not aware you needed to get hours from your nursing training... so thanks for the heads up !!

Hi

I am jumping on the band waggon here sorry.I am in the same position just trying to figure out what is needed for APHRA. An example copy of your C.V would be a massive help ????? i was also not aware you needed to get hours from your nursing training... so thanks for the heads up !!

Pm me your email and I'll send you a copy of my cv

kirstie xx

Guest thatgirljael

Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.My application to APHRA was approved without any hiccups in under a month.Kirstie xx
I've been searching the net for quite a while now on how to make an AHPRA CV and thank GOD I found this forum. I'm also confused and lost on how to make it. I hope you can also send me a copy of your CV... Pleassssseeeeeeeee..... It will really really really be a great help... Please please please... PM me Thank you very much! :biggrin: Edited by GeorgeD

Guest Kayleigh88

QUICK QUESTION!!! On the AHPRA application theres a "Section G" titled "AGENT AUTHORISATION" where theres space to give either a migration agents details or a significant other to which you consent to the discussion of the application with not just yourself but this person. Im not migrating so i dont have an agent and I dont see the point of giving a significant other, do I have to complete this section or can i ignore it? x

QUICK QUESTION!!! On the AHPRA application theres a "Section G" titled "AGENT AUTHORISATION" where theres space to give either a migration agents details or a significant other to which you consent to the discussion of the application with not just yourself but this person. Im not migrating so i dont have an agent and I dont see the point of giving a significant other, do I have to complete this section or can i ignore it? x

I have left it blank on mine as I am not using an agent either. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have just seen all your posts about cv i am also looking for help regarding cv i have two pages but wanted help in how i can professionaly put it so it make sense and all my mandatory trainings expire in Nov would they still be valid if i send my aplication now. my email adress if anyone happy to forward their copy of cv to help PM me just have expirience in recovery and a&e btw 5 years

Edited by GeorgeD

Guest emmamc26

Hey,

Can i add myself to the group of people hoping to see a example of the aphra CV. I've got most of it sorted and just want to check a few things. If someone would kindly PM me i would be very grateful.

Edited by GeorgeD
Forum Rules: removed personal info

Hi guys, FWIW - if you've completed a 'preceptorship' program in the UK, or a period of supervised practice (e.g. if you were returning to work etc) That might well fit into the 'observership' category.

In the radiology world - which I'm familiar with - it's called a PDY (professional development year)/Intern year.

Good luck with it all :)

Guest robyninoz

Hello chaps,

Similar query about CVs - do we need to send a certified copy of a piece of evidence for each procedural skill we are able to do?! e.g. do I need to print out a DOPS etc for something like IV cannulation, and get it certified by a notary?! Seems a bit extreme, but I don't want to get it wrong!

Also, am I right in thinking the cost for limited registration is $670 + another $670? Just before I pay them double what I should..

If there's any chance I could have a copy of that CV as well that would be great. I will PM you my email address.

Robyn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fiona777

Hi, I would also really appreciate a look at a successful ahpra CV and transcripts of docs sent if someone would be so kind and PM me

Kind Regards,

Fiona

Edited by GeorgeD

Guest chowchilla

Hi I'm a newbie in this forum...a newbie at all , actually...I just received my IELTS result and thankfully got the necessary band score to apply. Will you send me a copy of your CV to serve as reference...Im a bit confused on what details to include..hoping for your generosity regarding my request.PM me. Thank you!

Edited by GeorgeD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest julz895

Hi tomabbie! I am also applying for AHPRA and I've got the same problem. I have difficulty on what to write on my CV and the AHPRA layout is really confusing. Can you please help me and send me a sample CV with the AHPRA format? I would really appreciate for the great help! PM me. Thank you!

Edited by GeorgeD

Guest cutemango
Take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the joys of APHRA. In respect of your questions:

1 -Personal information is just what it says its, I didnt put a personal staement in this bit because I wasn't applying for a job

2- Qualifying examinations I put my academic qualifications there eg. diploma in nursing, BSc Hons Midwifery, PGDip Public Health and put my qualifications eg. registered nurse, registered midwife etc in the qualifications obtained.

3- Academic transcript, it needs to be a breakdown of your degree/diploma from your uni and for the courses that also confered registration with the NMC it also needs to have a breakdown of hours. I requested mine from my unis and had the orignal notorised by notary and that was accepted. You can ask the uni to send it direct but I prefered the knowledge that I had done it myself.

4- Clinical/procedural skills, yes just put in all the things your competent at and any relevant certificates.

5- Intern/observership, I didnt do anything about that and left that section out completely and was absolutely fine.

If it helps I could send you a copy of my CV if you want to see what mine looked like, I also have electronic copies of the documents I sent to them if you want to see what my transcripts look like. PM me your private email and will send them to you.

Kirstie xx

Hi I'm currently working on my application with AHPRA. Can you please help me with my CV too? Please also send me a copy, PM me.

Thank you so much. May God bless you. ^_^

Edited by GeorgeD

Guest Joanne1983

I'm just starting the application process myself, and as you will know well it's extremely baffling!

I have my uni transcripts from my nurse training (it has on practice hours, setting etc). I've gathered together my birth cert, drivers licence, university qualification certs and i have a letter from my secondary school stating when i was there and that i was taught in and assessed in english.

I'm also in the process of compiling my cv and my ward manager is putting together a reference letter for me.

Next on my list is my APHRA application, which im dreading as i've only heard bad things about it! I'm planning on going to Sydney as i have family there, and going on a working hol visa. I've read on quite a few threads that the Sydney office has a huge backlog of applications and can take over a year to process apps. Some people are advising folk to apply to different city offices in order to quicken the process. Do you know anything about this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Jo x

Guest Joanne1983

Ps i know you're probably sick of hearing this, but could i have a peek at your cv too tomabbie? PM me

xx

Edited by Joanne1983

I'm just starting the application process myself, and as you will know well it's extremely baffling!

I have my uni transcripts from my nurse training (it has on practice hours, setting etc). I've gathered together my birth cert, drivers licence, university qualification certs and i have a letter from my secondary school stating when i was there and that i was taught in and assessed in english.

I'm also in the process of compiling my cv and my ward manager is putting together a reference letter for me.

Next on my list is my APHRA application, which im dreading as i've only heard bad things about it! I'm planning on going to Sydney as i have family there, and going on a working hol visa. I've read on quite a few threads that the Sydney office has a huge backlog of applications and can take over a year to process apps. Some people are advising folk to apply to different city offices in order to quicken the process. Do you know anything about this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Jo x

You can send your AHPRA application to any office and when you receive your Letter of eligibility you can present to ANY AHPRA office to get your license. Lately it seems people had good experience with Adelaide and Darwin offices. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest navjot

hi tomabbie.....can u plz send me the cv as m confused a lot about wat to wrote n wat not to write.

PM me

thnx a lot

Edited by GeorgeD

• 2 weeks later...

Kirstie xx

Hey Kirstie, would you kindly send me a copy of your CV too, I'm currently completing mine and am a bit lost as to what might be relevant to mention in the CV. PM me Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by GeorgeD

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys.. can u plz send me a sample CV as well? it has taken me weeks to figure out what to put in my CV.. hehehe..

if there is someone generous.. kindly send me it by PM

thank you very much.. hmmm.. anywayz.... how long does it usually take for an ahpra application to pull through?

thank you..

Edited by GeorgeD

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cuizonapple

i also badly need of a sample of cv.. please send me copy please.. PM me

so confused how to complete my cv...

Edited by GeorgeD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lorissa18

hi ..i also need a sample CV...please PM me.. thank you.

Edited by GeorgeD