176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

hey tooz, i was wondering what happened to you. welcome back to wa and i hope you are enjoying the warmer days. have you found somewhere to live yet? if so what suburb are you calling home? the wa registration thing they don't ask you to do but its on their website that you must do it. you just go in with your passport and the original offer letter (or just the reference number associated with it). takes about 5mins and is in town. you got your tfn already? no idea why mine took over a month!

smithinoz are you excited?

Thanks, leanie. I applied for Medicare and TFN, the last time I was here. Judging from the date on the envelope, it took 8 days for TFN. You actually don't need the letter, you can call them and they'll tell you the number over the phone.

Will have to drop by WA registration office sometime soon. I am sharing an apartment with some friends in Welshpool, not quite ready to get my own place and a dog. I am actually considering to buy a place and the banks seem to be happy to support me with very little down payment.

Which suburb are you guys staying in?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, leanie. I applied for Medicare and TFN, the last time I was here. Judging from the date on the envelope, it took 8 days for TFN. You actually don't need the letter, you can call them and they'll tell you the number over the phone.

Will have to drop by WA registration office sometime soon. I am sharing an apartment with some friends in Welshpool, not quite ready to get my own place and a dog. I am actually considering to buy a place and the banks seem to be happy to support me with very little down payment.

Hey Guys, So toOZ is finally here with a job in his bag. :) That's super awesome. Cos I'm damn fed up without a job. Had one interview & it's like I'm calling the agent everyday. He's giving the same answer always ("I still haven't received an update from the client. I'll surely notify you once he calls me."). So that's about the job finding. Anyway it seems, there're not much jobs here in Perth relevant to my field, 'Telecommunication Engineering'. :(

Other than that I went over to few places. Kings park is a nice place to spend time.

I'm living in Bently, close to the Curtin Uni, which is a shared accommodation.

Hey Guys, So toOZ is finally here with a job in his bag. :) That's super awesome. Cos I'm damn fed up without a job. Had one interview & it's like I'm calling the agent everyday. He's giving the same answer always ("I still haven't received an update from the client. I'll surely notify you once he calls me."). So that's about the job finding. Anyway it seems, there're not much jobs here in Perth relevant to my field, 'Telecommunication Engineering'. :(

Other than that I went over to few places. Kings park is a nice place to spend time.

I'm living in Bently, close to the Curtin Uni, which is a shared accommodation.

Thats nice to know - we have 2 months on the border of kings park. Not looking forward to the job hunting although a few agencies are wanting me to go and see them on arrival - fingers crossed. Ims in financial services / office management.

I guess the tfn processing time is the luck of the draw. Mine took over a month, as did my OH and another couple of friends here. They would not tell me over the phone, only would confirm that my application online had been received. Maybe we all got the lazy guy at the tax office who processes one tfn per day! What % deposit do you need to buy a house? I look forward to buying a house again one day.

So you're south Perth. We are in Safety Bay about 40mins from city centre.

Kings Park looks pretty big. I'll have to check it out some time Indikaya.

hello hello! i seem to have been out of touch for a long time! welcome back toOz! good to see that you finally landed up in Perth! even better to hear that you have managed to get the job and settle in fast!

Hey leanie hows the new house looking?

For me things remain as it is...I am still out looking for jobs...been trying to network and that has taken away all the free time when I am not in class...met with a few executive search consultants who basically told me the same thing that the market is really quiet and that there are more HR guys than there are HR jobs!

Apart from that theres not much to report. maybe things will turn out to be better over time

Nishi: any news?

I guess the tfn processing time is the luck of the draw. Mine took over a month, as did my OH and another couple of friends here. They would not tell me over the phone, only would confirm that my application online had been received. Maybe we all got the lazy guy at the tax office who processes one tfn per day! What % deposit do you need to buy a house? I look forward to buying a house again one day.

So you're south Perth. We are in Safety Bay about 40mins from city centre.

Kings Park looks pretty big. I'll have to check it out some time Indikaya.

Is that the one near Rockingham? The beach must be very close.

The minimum is a 5% deposit with the rest(including LMI) covered by the bank.

Nishi: any news?

No news yet. Leaving the country next weekend but this time around with positive mind-set. Have had few medical scare. We've spent last four weeks in and out of clinic. It's been so stressful along with visa uncertainty thus thought enough is enough, can't take anymore, now need to be at ease and with the family. Though still hoping for good news any time soon. :)

No news yet. Leaving the country next weekend but this time around with positive mind-set. Have had few medical scare. We've spent last four weeks in and out of clinic. It's been so stressful along with visa uncertainty thus thought enough is enough, can't take anymore, now need to be at ease and with the family. Though still hoping for good news any time soon. :)

Glad you're staying positive Nishi. I am sure the stress of it all has been awful

Still keeping everything crossed for you

Millie x

Hi, sorry for the disappearing act, with a new baby & returning to work I don't get much time to post. Great to hear so many of you have made the move & are settling in well. We're still in Ireland, not planning to move until Feb (still saving!), visa is sponsored by Victoria so thinking of going to Geelong. Is anyone else going to Victoria, a lot seem to be in Perth here :)

For me things remain as it is...I am still out looking for jobs...been trying to network and that has taken away all the free time when I am not in class...met with a few executive search consultants who basically told me the same thing that the market is really quiet and that there are more HR guys than there are HR jobs!

Yeahh, it's quite embarrassing not to have a job. Even GOOD part time jobs are also rare. 1 month done for me. How about you? I suppose, ur OH has got something. Wish you good luck....!!!

Is that the one near Rockingham? The beach must be very close.

The minimum is a 5% deposit with the rest(including LMI) covered by the bank.

yeah near rockingham and the beach is not far. we walked it the other day and it was about 10mins. really nice to be in our own place and most of the boxes are unpacked. just 5-10 of my OH's that he insisted on bringing (100s of records amongst other things)! so he will have to sort those out. i have done the rest pretty much so far. pretty windy here today with heaps of heavy rain. we put everything that was outside either in the shed or inside in case it blew away. the last 2 things that could not be moved seem to be ok so far.

nishi sorry to hear you have had a health scare and i wish you all the best with a full recovery. a visa grant would certainly put a smile on your face so i really hope it happens soon. are you able to return to aus if you leave and the visa has not been granted?

5% deposit for a house sounds good. not sure what lmi is though.

pradiprn i hope you find work soon.

biggest park in a city in the world indikaya? i wonder if it is dog friendly haha!

nishi sorry to hear you have had a health scare and i wish you all the best with a full recovery. a visa grant would certainly put a smile on your face so i really hope it happens soon. are you able to return to aus if you leave and the visa has not been granted?

Thanks Leanie, I'm much better now. Earlier because of stress, few blood tests came back abnormal and doctors were quick to point to brain tumor, though I had few symptoms as well. Of course, it blew us off and I had to undergo ultra sound, MRI and many more blood tests. However all the reports came negative and on second blood test everything was normal again. In the end after being out of pocket for $2500, doctors concluded stress was causing all this and there is nothing to worry about.

I hope for a quick grant as well so we can go back to normal sort of life. I don't think we would be able to re-enter unless visa is granted. So this coming week might pretty much be our last week in Australia ever. Hope not:daydreaming:

Thanks Leanie, I'm much better now. Earlier because of stress, few blood tests came back abnormal and doctors were quick to point to brain tumor, though I had few symptoms as well. Of course, it blew us off and I had to undergo ultra sound, MRI and many more blood tests. However all the reports came negative and on second blood test everything was normal again. In the end after being out of pocket for $2500, doctors concluded stress was causing all this and there is nothing to worry about.

I hope for a quick grant as well so we can go back to normal sort of life. I don't think we would be able to re-enter unless visa is granted. So this coming week might pretty much be our last week in Australia ever. Hope not:daydreaming:

You really have had it tough Nishi, it sounds really scary what you have been through. I am so glad you are ok though and the doctor was wrong. Enjoy your time away and for sure you'll be able to come back very soon. Hurry up Nishi's case officer with the grant!!!

Hey Nishi

Take care of yourself and dont stress yourself out...things will work out...one has to have hope....after you have done everything you can, its only hope that can keep you going.

So dont worry...I am sure you will be back to Australia soon with a PR and enjoy your time here while it lasts.

Just few mins ago I received refusal notice from CO saying my application is invalid. She said I don't fulfil the basic criteria and that I did work but not enough for an accountant. I'm in state of shock. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to proceed from here. Please guide me and tell me what do I do now?

Just few mins ago I received refusal notice from CO saying my application is invalid. She said I don't fulfil the basic criteria and that I did work but not enough for an accountant. I'm in state of shock. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to proceed from here. Please guide me and tell me what do I do now?

Nishi I am very sorry to hear this. I think the way forward now is that you can appeal on your decision. the details of on how to do that would be available in the notification. My strong suggestion would be contact an agent ASAP who can help make sense and help you with next steps. If you want I can send you the details of my agent on PM. he has experience on cases like yours and may be able to help.

Oh gosh Nishi I am so sorry, I cannot believe this has happened. As pradiprn says I would take it to an agent who is experienced with appeals. How awful for you after the long long wait you have had. I really hope you find someone soon who can help you.

Millie x

Just informing you guys we are leaving country tmrw so will be offline for 4-5 days. I think we need that time to come out of shock as well and then plan for future. I am absolutely not in right mind set to make decision right now :9. But I hope you guys would keep me posted meanwhile with your valueable suggestions.

Just informing you guys we are leaving country tmrw so will be offline for 4-5 days. I think we need that time to come out of shock as well and then plan for future. I am absolutely not in right mind set to make decision right now :9. But I hope you guys would keep me posted meanwhile with your valueable suggestions.

Nishi

Were you able to speak to the agent?

Archived