176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

Hey guys'

My husband's employer has offered to sponsor me so as to keep us both. Is it possible after being refused for 176? MARA agents on forum plz plz guide me? I dont wanna take any risk nor have i strenght to bear another rejection. Is it possible without considering my emplyment period that was in question?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys'

My husband's employer has offered to sponsor me so as to keep us both. Is it possible after being refused for 176? MARA agents on forum plz plz guide me? I dont wanna take any risk nor have i strenght to bear another rejection. Is it possible without considering my emplyment period that was in question?

Hi Nishi I am so sad to read your news. I've not looked at the forum for a week or so, really so sorry you got a rejection letter. I hope that an agent is able to appeal this decision. Perhaps if you are sponsored by your husbands employer there is another type of visa you can go for? Maybe this is one to consult an agent about it. Of course this is just more money. I hope so much you get to stay in Aus.

We're moving out to perth on January 25 th landing 26 th ( didn't realise it was Australian day!!!

we have a 4 week holiday let booked in south yunderup ( outside of Mandruah )

scary, exciting its happening !!!!!

Ian

Hi Ian, its the final countdown now eh. You'll be moving from a chilly English winter to probably a pretty hot summer here, lovely. We are south of Perth too, its nice down this way. Not been to Yunderup yet but a fellow dog lover mentioned it said it was really nice down there. Good luck with getting all those last minute things done. Do you have a cool stop over planned?

Hi Ian, its the final countdown now eh. You'll be moving from a chilly English winter to probably a pretty hot summer here, lovely. We are south of Perth too, its nice down this way. Not been to Yunderup yet but a fellow dog lover mentioned it said it was really nice down there. Good luck with getting all those last minute things done. Do you have a cool stop over planned?

Hi leanie

cant wait to join you guys.

we're not sure where we would like to permanently stay.

looking at Warnbro, prt Kennedy areas in SOR and around wanneroo , cumbrine type NOR

im a plumber so work and schools will determine where will stay.

not stopping for long in Singapore , 2 hrs, a mate is collecting us from the airport to join them for an Australian day / welcome to Oz party

take care

ian

Hi leanie

cant wait to join you guys.

we're not sure where we would like to permanently stay.

looking at Warnbro, prt Kennedy areas in SOR and around wanneroo , cumbrine type NOR

im a plumber so work and schools will determine where will stay.

not stopping for long in Singapore , 2 hrs, a mate is collecting us from the airport to join them for an Australian day / welcome to Oz party

take care

ian

Hi Ian,

The areas you are looking at living are quite similar to where we were looking. We never ended up NOR as to go to viewings up there from down here can take quite a while, so we just focused SOR as we were down here already. With both areas though are you far enough north or south where rent becomes affordable. I find the closer to Perth you get you just end up paying quite a bit more per week for your rent. You can check it out when you are here and see which area appeals. Hopefully lots of work for a plumber! Sounds like you'll have a very tiring flight, time for a quick Australia day party and then bed maybe!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

How you doing? Its been a while since I read the thread, took me a while to find it as well lol. Weve been in Perth for just over 2 weeks now, just got our rental and signed the lease last week. Starting to settle in...before I get too comfortable I will have to get on and do that reccie report. Hope everyone is well x

Hello guys,

How you doing? Its been a while since I read the thread, took me a while to find it as well lol. Weve been in Perth for just over 2 weeks now, just got our rental and signed the lease last week. Starting to settle in...before I get too comfortable I will have to get on and do that reccie report. Hope everyone is well x

Welcome to WA Kimanda. Are you liking it so far? Have you found work yet? Great you have found a rental and are settling in. Some nice weather at the moment eh.

We did a tiki tour up the coast to Kalbarri. It was beautiful up there but we had our dogs with us which proved to be a major hindrance. Only half of us got to see the stunning gorges in the national park. Very windy up there when we visited, our tent looked like it was going to blow away at several stages so we left early planning to stay further south, but struggled to find somewhere to stay that would allow 2 dogs, so ended up just coming home. Next time we leave the dogs in the kennels! I'm hoping to visit Nambung national park soon, those pinnacles look amazing. How is everyone doing?

Welcome to WA Kimanda. Are you liking it so far? Have you found work yet? Great you have found a rental and are settling in. Some nice weather at the moment eh.

We did a tiki tour up the coast to Kalbarri. It was beautiful up there but we had our dogs with us which proved to be a major hindrance. Only half of us got to see the stunning gorges in the national park. Very windy up there when we visited, our tent looked like it was going to blow away at several stages so we left early planning to stay further south, but struggled to find somewhere to stay that would allow 2 dogs, so ended up just coming home. Next time we leave the dogs in the kennels! I'm hoping to visit Nambung national park soon, those pinnacles look amazing. How is everyone doing?

Hi Leanie!

Yes I'm doing great love Perth do far, oh is looking for permanent work but I'm working from home so it's a little easier for me on that front. Some great weather and surprisingly windy as you found :) how did you get to kalbarri did you drive up? How long was it? Shame about the dogs but I'm sure they'll be another time - instead of leaving them at kennels you could try a house sitter instead? The only park I've been to is yanchep, hoping to see more once I'm properly settled. Hope you're doing ok :) wonder what everyone's up to atm...

Hi Leanie!

Yes I'm doing great love Perth do far, oh is looking for permanent work but I'm working from home so it's a little easier for me on that front. Some great weather and surprisingly windy as you found :) how did you get to kalbarri did you drive up? How long was it? Shame about the dogs but I'm sure they'll be another time - instead of leaving them at kennels you could try a house sitter instead? The only park I've been to is yanchep, hoping to see more once I'm properly settled. Hope you're doing ok :) wonder what everyone's up to atm...

Hi Kimanda,

I'm glad you're loving it. What area of Perth are you in? We always seem to have light winds where we are which is in the Rockingham region, but I thought this was because we are close to the sea. I think it will be a blessing when its scorching hot! Great you are set up already and working from home. Your OH, I can't remember what he does but its something medical? If it is nursing I would seriously recommend signing up with the agency Nurse West. It is government run and they get first pick of all the work. Their website is: http://www.nursing.health.wa.gov.au/nursewest/index.cfm. PM me for more info. If it is other fields of medicine I would be looking for the equivalent government run agency as it seems permanent work is hard to come by here. It takes months to even get an interview. Crazy eh.

Next time we go on holiday we will leave the dogs but they will have to the kennels, I'm not sure how my kelpie would cope left in the house alone with our other dog. Our other dog is so mellow and she would be fine but my kelpie would get really stressed. The kennels is better for him for short term (say a week or two). Give him 5 weeks and he starts to loose his hair :o( We won't be going away for long when we do little trips. When we do our big trip to QLD after being in WA for 2 years+ the dogs will be coming too!

Kalbarri was a bit of a drive. We are 45mins south of Perth, we left about 5.30am and stopped a few times briefly, got to Kalbarri in the very early afternoon. Maybe 2pm ish? The national park was really quiet and at some of the beautiful spots I was alone there with my daughter, just amazing. It is stunning. You drive for over half an hour through thick bush and eventually you reach the gorge. You can walk all the way to the river if you want to, or short walks from the car parks to viewing spots. I've heard it can get really busy at other times of the year. If you went and stayed in a cabin or hotel room the wind would not be an issue, its a good time to visit.

Yanchep national park's koalas are so cute eh! We are going to visit Nambung next week and will try and visit one national park per month to make good use of our WA pass we bought. Do you have a car yet? Hopefully you have.

Not sure what everyone else is up to, its gone a bit quiet! They must all be busy working or exploring ;O)

Hi Kimanda,

I'm glad you're loving it. What area of Perth are you in? We always seem to have light winds where we are which is in the Rockingham region, but I thought this was because we are close to the sea. I think it will be a blessing when its scorching hot! Great you are set up already and working from home. Your OH, I can't remember what he does but its something medical? If it is nursing I would seriously recommend signing up with the agency Nurse West. It is government run and they get first pick of all the work. Their website is: http://www.nursing.health.wa.gov.au/nursewest/index.cfm. PM me for more info. If it is other fields of medicine I would be looking for the equivalent government run agency as it seems permanent work is hard to come by here. It takes months to even get an interview. Crazy eh.

Next time we go on holiday we will leave the dogs but they will have to the kennels, I'm not sure how my kelpie would cope left in the house alone with our other dog. Our other dog is so mellow and she would be fine but my kelpie would get really stressed. The kennels is better for him for short term (say a week or two). Give him 5 weeks and he starts to loose his hair :o( We won't be going away for long when we do little trips. When we do our big trip to QLD after being in WA for 2 years+ the dogs will be coming too!

Kalbarri was a bit of a drive. We are 45mins south of Perth, we left about 5.30am and stopped a few times briefly, got to Kalbarri in the very early afternoon. Maybe 2pm ish? The national park was really quiet and at some of the beautiful spots I was alone there with my daughter, just amazing. It is stunning. You drive for over half an hour through thick bush and eventually you reach the gorge. You can walk all the way to the river if you want to, or short walks from the car parks to viewing spots. I've heard it can get really busy at other times of the year. If you went and stayed in a cabin or hotel room the wind would not be an issue, its a good time to visit.

Yanchep national park's koalas are so cute eh! We are going to visit Nambung next week and will try and visit one national park per month to make good use of our WA pass we bought. Do you have a car yet? Hopefully you have.

Not sure what everyone else is up to, its gone a bit quiet! They must all be busy working or exploring ;O)

Hi Leanie

We're in the CBD, literally on our doorstep. We opted for this as we're not planning to get a car for a while so we wanted to be close to everything. The city is beautiful in the evenings, full of buzz and looks so gorgeous, especially during the swan festival - the buildings were turned into light shows. Seems to be a lot on for christmas and theve also just finished building this lovely water labyrinth in time for the summer. Were not too far from Kings Park either which is one of my favourite places, but when you haven't got a car everything's more of a trek so we rely on the buses. My OH is the only one who can drive, so I have to take a test before I get my licence :(

Yes, my OH is in mental health, he's just given his availability for shifts I will most certainly tell him about nurse-west, I've told him he should t stick with the one agency as he had to rely on shift work but hopefully he'll get lots of regular work in.

Yeah the koalas are deadly cute at Yanchep! I was there back in 2008. What I loved about it was the openness, Roos and peacocks just wandering around, it was great - shame amount the amount of flies though I don't know if I could ever get used to these.

What's it like in rockingham? How did you cope with the 30 deg+ weather today?

We were in South Perth today, not a cloud in the sky and boy it takes it out of you when youre walking around. How are the dogs coping with the heat?

Hi Leanie

We're in the CBD, literally on our doorstep. We opted for this as we're not planning to get a car for a while so we wanted to be close to everything. The city is beautiful in the evenings, full of buzz and looks so gorgeous, especially during the swan festival - the buildings were turned into light shows. Seems to be a lot on for christmas and theve also just finished building this lovely water labyrinth in time for the summer. Were not too far from Kings Park either which is one of my favourite places, but when you haven't got a car everything's more of a trek so we rely on the buses. My OH is the only one who can drive, so I have to take a test before I get my licence :(

Yes, my OH is in mental health, he's just given his availability for shifts I will most certainly tell him about nurse-west, I've told him he should t stick with the one agency as he had to rely on shift work but hopefully he'll get lots of regular work in.

Yeah the koalas are deadly cute at Yanchep! I was there back in 2008. What I loved about it was the openness, Roos and peacocks just wandering around, it was great - shame amount the amount of flies though I don't know if I could ever get used to these.

We were in South Perth today, not a cloud in the sky and boy it takes it out of you when youre walking around. How are the dogs coping with the heat?

Hey welcome to Perth! Been busy with the course and still trying to find a job. Whereabouts in CBD are you? I am over at Terrace Road in the CBD. How's the city treating you?

Hey welcome to Perth! Been busy with the course and still trying to find a job. Whereabouts in CBD are you? I am over at Terrace Road in the CBD. How's the city treating you?

Hi pradiprn

What course are you doing? I can't believe your still trying to get that job everyone keeps telling us how plentiful work is here...

I'm not too far from you actually, just around the corner from Hay St.

CBD is great, I've still got a few places to get used to, need to find out where all the good/cheaper places are, any tips on where to go? ;)

Hi pradiprn

What course are you doing? I can't believe your still trying to get that job everyone keeps telling us how plentiful work is here...

I'm not too far from you actually, just around the corner from Hay St.

CBD is great, I've still got a few places to get used to, need to find out where all the good/cheaper places are, any tips on where to go? ;)

Its the occupation I am in that's a problem. You would think HR guys would be broad minded and open to external candidates but they are an insular lot here.

Farmers market in subiaco is your best bet for veggies and fruits. Pretty much evrything is expensive in CBD. Anything specific that younar looking for?

Hi Leanie

The swan festival sounds nice, the buildings must've looked pretty awesome with the lights. I've hardly been in the city, I have plans to go to some of the museums etc but its not really eventuated yet. No car yet will make things cheaper but then it restricts where you can go, but you can always rent one for a few days if need be eh. I could not cope without a car!!!

My OH is in mental health too. If yours does sign with Nurse West you are only allowed to be with the one agency. But as I was saying before all the government work goes first to Nurse West. Any work that their temps don't take they can sub out to other agencies. If work has been given to another agency and accepted by somebody, the shift can be taken back by Nurse West if a Nurse West temp requests a certain shift that is not available otherwise. Before my OH was with Nurse West this happened to him more than once. I hope your other half has his police check, working with children check (the receipt is all you need for first few months until the card arrives), registration, and some health tests also. All must be done before you can work. There is heaps of work so you can pretty much work whatever hours and days you want. The money is good, well certainly compared to NZ.

I didn't see any roos at Yanchep. I hope to see some eventually bouncing around! The flies here are something else, I'm tempted to get a load of corks for a hat!

Rockingham is not much to rave about. Its fine but it has no charm for me. The rental houses are affordable. There's a hospital here which is good for a few shifts every now and then. People are friendly. Its by the sea and you often see wild dolphins. There's everything you need here but I would not want to stay permanently. Keen to move 100s of kms away. I love the warm weather, and we get the sea breezes here and have shelter from trees etc in our garden which helps. Aircon for when we really need it but I haven't turned it on yet! I think it cools down much more out this way overnight, we get lows of 13-14degrees most nights at the moment.

My dogs seem ok with the heat. Its not the really crazy 40degrees heat though yet that I think we'll all struggle with. My retriever cools down in the sea/lake etc. She won't really run for the ball but loves to swim for it. Think she gets too hot otherwise. My kelpie copes better cause he has short hair and being an aussie breed is designed to cope with the heat.

I've heard John Forrest National Park is good. Maybe its possible to get there by public transport. Some of the regional parks are quite nice too. The advantage of those for us is that they are dog friendly. great for long walks.

Are you planning to stay in Perth for a long time?

Pradiprn sorry to hear you are still looking for work. That totally sucks. You just need your foot in the door eh. I really hope you find something soon.

Not long Ian, almost time to pack your bags!

The swan festival sounds nice, the buildings must've looked pretty awesome with the lights. I've hardly been in the city, I have plans to go to some of the museums etc but its not really eventuated yet. No car yet will make things cheaper but then it restricts where you can go, but you can always rent one for a few days if need be eh. I could not cope without a car!!!

My OH is in mental health too. If yours does sign with Nurse West you are only allowed to be with the one agency. But as I was saying before all the government work goes first to Nurse West. Any work that their temps don't take they can sub out to other agencies. If work has been given to another agency and accepted by somebody, the shift can be taken back by Nurse West if a Nurse West temp requests a certain shift that is not available otherwise. Before my OH was with Nurse West this happened to him more than once. I hope your other half has his police check, working with children check (the receipt is all you need for first few months until the card arrives), registration, and some health tests also. All must be done before you can work. There is heaps of work so you can pretty much work whatever hours and days you want. The money is good, well certainly compared to NZ.

I didn't see any roos at Yanchep. I hope to see some eventually bouncing around! The flies here are something else, I'm tempted to get a load of corks for a hat!

Rockingham is not much to rave about. Its fine but it has no charm for me. The rental houses are affordable. There's a hospital here which is good for a few shifts every now and then. People are friendly. Its by the sea and you often see wild dolphins. There's everything you need here but I would not want to stay permanently. Keen to move 100s of kms away. I love the warm weather, and we get the sea breezes here and have shelter from trees etc in our garden which helps. Aircon for when we really need it but I haven't turned it on yet! I think it cools down much more out this way overnight, we get lows of 13-14degrees most nights at the moment.

My dogs seem ok with the heat. Its not the really crazy 40degrees heat though yet that I think we'll all struggle with. My retriever cools down in the sea/lake etc. She won't really run for the ball but loves to swim for it. Think she gets too hot otherwise. My kelpie copes better cause he has short hair and being an aussie breed is designed to cope with the heat.

I've heard John Forrest National Park is good. Maybe its possible to get there by public transport. Some of the regional parks are quite nice too. The advantage of those for us is that they are dog friendly. great for long walks.

Are you planning to stay in Perth for a long time?

Pradiprn sorry to hear you are still looking for work. That totally sucks. You just need your foot in the door eh. I really hope you find something soon.

Not long Ian, almost time to pack your bags!

Thanks Leanie

Will be able to last another two months and if I don't get a job by then, its goodbye to the Australian dream am afraid. will have no option but to go back. I guess life doesn't always go the way you want it to.

Hi,

sounds great , except the flies

are they really that bad ??

my wife is sorting every day now, had our first rental vewing on our house yesterday ( fingers crossed).

i cant beleive how quickly its creeping up on us.

its getting cold here now so i cant wait for that sunshine.

all the best

ian

Hi Leanie,

Yeah he's got all the docs done, working with children check etc all completed. He was a bit miffed he could only go with one agency at a time lol - he's gonna see how it goes with the agency this week, it's only been his 2nd shift.

Yeh were aiming to stay here for a couple of years minimum. Fulfill the state sponsorship requirement :)

May look at other states down the line but Perth is home for now.

Another thing that's been bugging me recently is the amount of asbestos fences that are about the further out you go, have you noticed this near you?

Hi,

sounds great , except the flies

are they really that bad ??

my wife is sorting every day now, had our first rental vewing on our house yesterday ( fingers crossed).

i cant beleive how quickly its creeping up on us.

its getting cold here now so i cant wait for that sunshine.

all the best

ian

The flies here are just so persistent lol. And they always like to fly up under my sunglasses! I'm told they're common during the summer months then after they go away

Hope you find some good tenants :). Not long now

Thanks Leanie

Will be able to last another two months and if I don't get a job by then, its goodbye to the Australian dream am afraid. will have no option but to go back. I guess life doesn't always go the way you want it to.

It must be so tough on you paying for everything but no money coming in. A lot can change in 2 months so stay optimistic. Is there any chance of your wife moving to Aus earlier than expected? I am sure she would find a job in her field that started almost immediately.

Hi Leanie,

Yeah he's got all the docs done, working with children check etc all completed. He was a bit miffed he could only go with one agency at a time lol - he's gonna see how it goes with the agency this week, it's only been his 2nd shift.

Yeh were aiming to stay here for a couple of years minimum. Fulfill the state sponsorship requirement :)

May look at other states down the line but Perth is home for now.

Another thing that's been bugging me recently is the amount of asbestos fences that are about the further out you go, have you noticed this near you?

I've not noticed the asbestos fence. Sounds hideous. Perhaps I am walking past them often without even realising it. Having said that I've just done a google image search and they do look very familiar. Yuk.

I hope your OH finds lots of work through his agency. Agency work is good except when you are sick, there are no shifts available, or you want to go on holiday!

We will fulfill the sponsorship requirement also, might head to Geraldton or further north though in a year ish. Will have to see what happens.

I've not noticed the asbestos fence. Sounds hideous. Perhaps I am walking past them often without even realising it. Having said that I've just done a google image search and they do look very familiar. Yuk.

I hope your OH finds lots of work through his agency. Agency work is good except when you are sick, there are no shifts available, or you want to go on holiday!

We will fulfill the sponsorship requirement also, might head to Geraldton or further north though in a year ish. Will have to see what happens.

I'm sure he will, plus he is strongly considering nursewest now - my oh said to pass on his thanks :)

I'm sure he will, plus he is strongly considering nursewest now - my oh said to pass on his thanks :)

He can start the process of moving to another agency whilst still working for the current one, and once accepted at the new one you can cancel the old one at the last minute. Do you know about salary packaging? I'll copy and paste the explanation as I'm not the best at explaining things! "Salary packaging reduces your taxable income and allows you to pay for mortgage, rent, HECS, childcare, health insurance, car, laptops etc from your pay before tax."

He can start the process of moving to another agency whilst still working for the current one, and once accepted at the new one you can cancel the old one at the last minute. Do you know about salary packaging? I'll copy and paste the explanation as I'm not the best at explaining things! "Salary packaging reduces your taxable income and allows you to pay for mortgage, rent, HECS, childcare, health insurance, car, laptops etc from your pay before tax."

Okay I'll tell him he's going to get started on Monday. Thanks for the info you're a star Leanie! :)

Salary packaging? That seems too good to be true! Is it only for nurses?

Archived