Skype interview for Child Protection job WA..anyone else heard?

livethedream

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it was okay...not brilliant, but think i got most of the main points accross, and was second to be interviewed....which my colleagues point out is good, because they tend to remember the first and last....hopefully for all the right reasons. Like any interview...thought of loads to say once it was over. But hopefully was good enough. How was yours? Sounds promising if you have already been in touch with one of the interview panel.

Best of luck

Suzanne

Yeah, I was happy with mine. Relaxed, remembered to cover most of the important points during interview. The case study seemed about right. So all in all, couldn't complain :)

Guest rachaelmcconnell25

Hey

I have also applied for one of these positions. Does any happen to know how much of the interview the case study was worth? I think I done well on this part but let myself down with the rest of it. Was a difficult interview given the Skype and early morning. Does anyone know how many applied? So Thursday we hear ? Now im starting to get nervous. Good luck everyone!!

Rachael

Hi Rachael and welcome. No idea if the interview was weighted between case study and questions? I'm not sure if it will just be an overall decision. I'm sure you did well on it all. What line of work are you currently in? Which areas have you requested to work in WA? Somebody mentioned that 34 people have been interviewed but I do not know where they came across this information. Good luck :)

Hi

I don't think there was a weighting between the case study and questions. It felt more like a 360 degree approach, testing our more analytical skills with the half an hour case study, before diving in to the more generalised questions. I seem to remember something similar a few years back whilst applying for a child protection job in the UK

Phil

Me too!!!!!

I also received an email confirming I had been successful at interview.

Does anyone know what happens next??

Is it just a case of waiting to see if anyone picks us out the pool? If so what time frame do you think we're looking at?

Anyone think it's possible we've unofficially been allocated to certain teams/areas who will then approach applicants individually?

Seems sensible for them to have a rough idea where applicants might be going to cover need etc???

I have been unsuccesful. Feedback is that panel wanted to employ me but due to my negative reference from my current employer, the directors are not happy to take my appliccation any further. I can not describe the emotions I am feeling right now. Well done to those who got through. I wish you all the best.x

I got this reply last night:-

At present I am unable to give you an idea of timeframes, we will start discussing vacancies with the Districts next week and hopefully start allocating applicants to positions.

The relocation package we offer is $15,000 for a family or $9,000 for a single.

Is it just Metropolitan Perth you are interested in working in or would you also consider country locations.

Please keep me updated if you accept a position in another state so that we can withdraw you from the pool. If you are aware of other applicants who accept other positions please advise them to withdraw from our pool.

I posted this on the other thread but it's drifted into obscurity so thought I'd add it on here for maximum exposure:

Originally Posted by collip99 viewpost-right.png

Maybe we should set up a support thread, after all...we will be going through a similar experience and mutual support may be very useful. Answer each others questions etc, etc

What do people think?

Think this is a great idea so have started a new thread within the 'Social Work Group' section under the title 'Social Workers Moving to WA 2012':

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/groups...l-workers.html

Credit to collip99 for this one as we'll no doubt need each others support over the coming months, from minor questions to major wobbles/worries

Good luck everyone

:smile:

Hi All,

I too have been successful in the CP interviews for WA, I'm really excited about moving to and practicing in Australia.

I have joined the Social Workers group that MacGyver has posted the link for. However, I dont seem to able to post anything on it?? I can't see anything there that says post / reply / quick post?? I'm pretty computer literate so I'm thinking maybe I dont have permission to post onto the group? Any help would be appreciated as Phil is right, mutual support would be very useful.

Also, I would encourage everyone who has been successful to begin gathering information for registration with AASW. A lot of our documents must be certified by someone who is recognised by the law of the land. It takes a little time preparing eveything they are looking for, details of what is required is found on the AASW website. They reply to any queries pretty quickly.

I sent away for my registration a few days ago, not cheap!! I paid $1000 for the fast track, hopefully I'll have this back in three weeks but due to the holiday weekend it may take a little longer than this. If you dont opt for the fast track it's $850 and is stated to take about eight weeks.

speak to you all soon

Anne

Archived