Skype interview for Child Protection job WA..anyone else heard?

livethedream

Will do. I have asked for Perth, Freemantle or Rockingham! Have you applied for any where else? I have also applied for nt!

Hi,

I have also specifically requested Perth, Fremantle, Rockingham but also added Joondalup to that list!!! I have no idea though and that was just from looking at the map and seeing where those areas are!! Do you know anything about the areas?

Lynsey

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't appiled elsewhere. Those arteas are all nice from the research i have done, Freemantle ansd Rockingham are South of the river (SOR) and Joondalup North of the River (NOR). I wasn't specific about where in the metropolitan areas i would work. Just thought i'd see what was offered and then do some m ore research. A lot depends on schools for me having a 4 and 8 yr old. Anyone else who has applied have children?

Suzanne

Hey,

Replied on the other thread but just to say I had my interview this morning.

Good luck to everyone still to interview

Oh great, how did it go? Hope some of the things i mentioned came in useful.

Keep in touch and let us know when you hear something

Regards

Suzanne

Hi everyone

I have just come across this site. i have an interview on Thursday for same job with WA. not sure what to expect can people please help with directing me on what to read on. I would like some advice on questions around prioritizing workload. i qualified in 2008 and have 3 years CP experience. I wonder why i am one of the last to interview as the wait has been very annoying. i am panicking. Did anyone have problems with their skype,. i am worried about this.

Congratulations to those who have had references requested....I have chosen metropolitan areas. I am 28 and will be moving with my daughter who is 6 and hubby who is 30 and doing Fund Accounting. i am concerned about jobs for him.

Thanks i anticipation of responses.

Shaddy

Hi All,

I have been told today that references been requested :jiggy:

Happy Days!!

Hi there

Good for you. Any suggestions for my preparation for the interview. i am panicking about Skype and the whole interview thing

Hi everyone

I have just come across this site. i have an interview on Thursday for same job with WA. not sure what to expect can people please help with directing me on what to read on. I would like some advice on questions around prioritizing workload. i qualified in 2008 and have 3 years CP experience. I wonder why i am one of the last to interview as the wait has been very annoying. i am panicking. Did anyone have problems with their skype,. i am worried about this.

Congratulations to those who have had references requested....I have chosen metropolitan areas. I am 28 and will be moving with my daughter who is 6 and hubby who is 30 and doing Fund Accounting. i am concerned about jobs for him.

Shaddy

Hi Shaddy,

Good luck for Thursday you will be fine I'm sure!! Some of the links that I found useful were:

http://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/Resources/Documents/Policies%20and%20Frameworks/SignsOfSafetyFramework2011.pdf

http://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/Resources/Pages/PoliciesandFrameworks.aspx

Don't be scared by the second link - I didn't read them all!!! I just had a look at a few things that tickled my fancy and sounded interesting to have a look at. Just prepare as you would for any other interview but do a bit of reading on Aboriginal families, there is a policy on the second link above.

There is a question in the interview on prioritising workload (if I remember correctly) and they ask you to give an example. Don't worry just tell them what you know and how you work now, they won't expect you to know all the policies, procedures and legislation for WA.

I had problems with my Skype, its never happened before and I'm always gas bagging to my friend in Aus for hours, but about 5 minutes into the interview the line dropped out but it reconnected with no video just sound. I told them I was happy to continue as we could still hear each other and we had 5 minutes of us looking at each other in any event. I was pleased as I could just concentrate on my answers and not worry about looking to the laptop etc

Fingers crossed and let us know how you get on!

Lynsey

Gosh it seems like ages ago since I had mine as I was the first to be interviewed....I wouldn't be concerned about you only being interviewed now as my surname begins with A and that might be why...? I had allsorts of techno difficulties (their end) where i had to repeat my answers etc...

Quite a strange interview really but they were nice. My refs have been given so don't know if it means they are going to offer us, or just ask for refs anyway?

Anyway at least i have 2 shots at it as i have NT one on 19/3 in London...

Hi Shaddy

Funny I am a CP SW with 6yr chilld and a hubby fund accountant...WA does nt seem to have as many Fund acc job as Mel/Sydney and to a lesser extent Bris...but keep looking. I dont know his exact but the literal fund accountant title is actual a junior Seek.com.au has good one on.

Good luck with both your searches

Murta

Hi everyone

Shaddy

Hi Shaddy

Funny I am a CP SW with 6yr chilld and a hubby fund accountant...WA does nt seem to have as many Fund acc job as Mel/Sydney and to a lesser extent Bris...but keep looking. I dont know his exact but the literal fund accountant title is actual a junior Seek.com.au has good one on.

Good luck with both your searches

Murta

Hi Murta

what a coincidence. I will direct my hubby to that site so he can have a look. My hubby is still a junior anywhere as he only has a BA degree and no professional qualifications. he is doing his ACCA at present. Have you also been interviwed for the CP job in WA.

Shaddy

Hi there

Good for you. Any suggestions for my preparation for the interview. i am panicking about Skype and the whole interview thing

Hi,

I wish you all the luck with your interview. One point that WA are keen to know is about your work/ life balance, they call it self care but will likely ask you questions about how you manage this.

Hi,

I wish you all the luck with your interview. One point that WA are keen to know is about your work/ life balance, they call it self care but will likely ask you questions about how you manage this.

Hi

Thanks for the tip, in terms of self care do they also mean how do you avoid stress and burnout. Also i am worried about the question on aborigional culture there is just so much to read on and you dont know where to stop.

Hi Shaddy

don't panic, they do not expect you to know it all. Just have a few key points that you feel are relevant and throw them in. I discussed self care in my personal life and within the day to day drains of the job and how I ensure I look after myself and colleagues as a team

Hi Shaddy

don't panic, they do not expect you to know it all. Just have a few key points that you feel are relevant and throw them in. I discussed self care in my personal life and within the day to day drains of the job and how I ensure I look after myself and colleagues as a team

Hi All

Thanks for all the advice. i don't think i'll ever feel ready.......anywhere i better try and sleep for a few hour before the interview. Lets hope i'll manage to sleep. i'll let you know how it goes.

Shaddy!!!!!!!

I would be concerned if you were going for a CP job and you were asking what 'self-care' meant...and then being told what it is still asking for clarification? You have also asked been advised about the prioritising workload Q and asking for clarification on that....how many of the questions would you like to know?? Sorry may be just in a bad mood but having some knowledge of the questions is giving you good advantage enough, we others went in total blind with no knowledge of any of the questions and had to panic....

Also, when would you stop reading about the Aboriginal Culture as its fascinating and more reading will just enhance your knowledge, rather than reading the bare minimum for interview purposes.

Must be because I have been reading 'Rupert''s posts on Community Care...

No offence, but its like you seeing the exam paper and no-one else has!

I would be concerned if you were going for a CP job and you were asking what 'self-care' meant...and then being told what it is still asking for clarification? You have also asked been advised about the prioritising workload Q and asking for clarification on that....how many of the questions would you like to know?? Sorry may be just in a bad mood but having some knowledge of the questions is giving you good advantage enough, we others went in total blind with no knowledge of any of the questions and had to panic....

Also, when would you stop reading about the Aboriginal Culture as its fascinating and more reading will just enhance your knowledge, rather than reading the bare minimum for interview purposes.

Must be because I have been reading 'Rupert''s posts on Community Care...

No offence, but its like you seeing the exam paper and no-one else has!

Hi Jojo

No need to be concerned love, I am a qualified SW with 3 years experience. I'm just nervous that's all and panicking. I have only just come across this site yesterday and have been doing my own research on job interviews for australian jobs. I did not ask for people to tell me what questions they were asked I just said can people guide me on what to read and i only asked about prioritizing workload which is a questions i was asked for my CP interview here so i wouldn't be surprised to be asked that again.

Sorry dear but as you are a social worker you must know better about prioritizing and for now i am only reading for the interview as that is priority then at a later stage when i have more time i'll read more for understanding. do you get me. i have seen no exam paper so you might want to calm down a little bit darling no need to go on at me as if i have committed some crime.

Thanks

shaddy

Hi Murta

what a coincidence. I will direct my hubby to that site so he can have a look. My hubby is still a junior anywhere as he only has a BA degree and no professional qualifications. he is doing his ACCA at present. Have you also been interviwed for the CP job in WA.

Shaddy

Hi Shaddy

Good I hope he finds something for him!:smile:

NO I have not applied for jobs as yet. am sooooo at the early stages. I have applied to sit the english test for the AASW acreditation via Skilled meigrant visa. We have so many balls in the air at the moment and everyone of them has to be where we start off!! Like family, finances future in oz like is it realistic to aspire ot own a property out there.

I am so interested in what seems to be happening in Oz social work wise. I am UK(scot) trained but built up my exp in ROI over past 12 years, it looks to be a very interesting time to join SW in oz.

I really want to live in SYdney but alas this could be financially unviable. Considering Brisbance too but am reading all the thread here, and it is all focussed on WA and NT...maybe we should look there? Is there any SW being interviewed for Queensland or NSW?

I am picking up a common thread that agency/interviewed from abroad candidates are placed in very difficult roles (well common sense confirms that really) this is why dont want sponsorship....but here lies my confusion....I begin to doubt my theory any ideas welcomed!

Murta

How did you get on Shaddy??

Hi Tia2

It went well I think. Skype was very clear for the first time and the panel was nice. No question was a surprise as such but you know the interview nerves. Now the waiting game begins!!!!

Shaddy

Archived