Anyone had a skills assessed by TRA since OCT 2011???

Dean74

Congratulations saffanzimbo!

I thought reviews took the same 60 days as a new application?

Good luck with getting your SS & visa application done before 1st July!

We were caught on the hop so to speak as we didnt' think the review would be received before at least 2 months.... TRA acknowledged the review on 16th June and we got the letter of acceptance dated 25th June...... NOW we need to get the WA SS docs lodged online today.....

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys,

Will you be able to provide more info,sounds like a very detailed letter from employer going back 8 years would do it, with some P60's did you put that all in?

Tina

Des is self employed we sent them business registration letters from the revenue and tax records from 2003 when he started up in partnership with his bro and when he started on his own. Sent letter from his Dad who he trained with for all of that stuff. Really not sure what they want, since they haven't told us what 4.5 years they're saying we did prove! And don't know what they're talking about with regard to clients either. Don't know why they'd go to the bother of emailing to confirm address and ask if he's still in business and not ask for the other stuff if they were gonna fail him anyway? Why not ask him to send in whatever else it is they're looking for? ......... Money I suppose!

Did TRA email you to acknowledge receipt of your review or did they post a letter?

Our agent emailed us the letter from the TRA advising we were successful. Not sure if the TRA posted the letter to our agent or emailed it to him. I

think its been a record turnaround time for a review as they acknowledged the review docs on 16th June by letter and the approval letter is dated 25th June. Now ploughing through the WA SS form to get that in today....:yes:

TRA unsuccessful, got email this morning! Cannot describe how gutted we are! they say that we haven't provided enough evidence of work experience

The required evidence of 8 years full time paid employment (or equivalent) prior to your

September 2011 AO.F qualification was not supplied. You provided evidence of employment

which equated to approximately 4.5 years full time employment. Section 2.8.3 of the Guidelines

indicates that you must provide evidence of working in full time paid employment under

supervision as well as an additional three years employment after this period, which is

considered as evidence worldng at a skilled level.

TRA was unable to use the information that you supplied regarding you and your clients to

verify the location of addresses and detail of the work that was completed.

Now I'll have to ring them again and see what 4 years they're saying we didn't prove!

They told us that they wanted 5 years supervised employment. OH said well I will never get that as I have been self employed and never had to be supervised as I was trained and qualified and then started up on my own and have been trading without any break for the last 7 years and have 24 testimonials, tax returns and business registration certs etc to prove it. An agent told us that if you can supply them with the self employed evidence of 8 years, 5 would be for an equiv of apprentice and then 3 would be for work exp post apprentice. You have been trading a lot longer than us and still unsuccessful. I am really beginning to question what they are after - no wonder there is a skills shortage. If you speak to DIAC, they say you should get a pos assessment as you have everything we are looking for. Caz, they don't know whether they are Artha or Martha - take deep breaths!!!!!

Caz, Rich is saying what testimonials did you send them? Did you send testimonials (3 for each year you are claiming). We are claiming from 2005 and have 21 basic testimonials and 3 detailed testimonials. On quite a few of the testimonials from clients they have actually stated what work we have done for them and stated that we have worked for them since 2005. Is this what they are looking for? Does your return in Ireland specifically state the nature of the business?

They told us that they wanted 5 years supervised employment. OH said well I will never get that as I have been self employed and never had to be supervised as I was trained and qualified and then started up on my own and have been trading without any break for the last 7 years and have 24 testimonials, tax returns and business registration certs etc to prove it. An agent told us that if you can supply them with the self employed evidence of 8 years, 5 would be for an equiv of apprentice and then 3 would be for work exp post apprentice. You have been trading a lot longer than us and still unsuccessful. I am really beginning to question what they are after - no wonder there is a skills shortage. If you speak to DIAC, they say you should get a pos assessment as you have everything we are looking for. Caz, they don't know whether they are Artha or Martha - take deep breaths!!!!!

Hey Lorraine

Rich's training is what they're looking for as supervised work, though as you say his apprenticeship didn't take 5 years so you'll have to wait and see if that will do them.

I've been looking through the file we sent off and think they're accepting the fact that Des has been self employed since 2007, not sure why they're not accepting his partnership with his bro from 03-07, or what was wrong with his Dad's statement for apprenticeship.

I'll have to ask them about the client thing too.

Starting to think it might just be easier to wait till sept and reapply then and just prove 1 years work.......problem with that is we can't afford to pay the tax man who we sort of need to prove that Des is still in self employment!

Why were you unsuccessful Harriett?

Our AQF III took 4 months from start to finish and it cost us £2,500. I think it could be done quicker. We went on holiday during that time and did not rush anything. You need to consider whether the AQF will help you. We were told by TRA won't assess you without an AQF, OH got the AQF and still they won't assess us as they changed their rules in the meantime - got another great big hurdle to get over now:mad:

Not heard from TRA as yet to find out why! Our agent is pretty sure that lack of formal qualifications are the problem! My hubby is applied as a drainer and there isnt any!! We send of 15 years of p60s, payslips, accounts,certificates, photos. You name it, we sent it!! Sooo stressfull!!

Rob got his AQF in about 6 weeks but cost just under £5000, did find some where cheaper but they did not seem to know that they were doing so gave up with them. The reason got AQF as there is no UK quaification for shoemaker and it worked for us. The good news is the stuff you do for the AQF/TRA can mostly be used for both so if you have already got all info together the AQF will be easy. The issue you migth have is finding some where to do the AQF via RPL. I will plough through one of my old post's think there is a link.

tina

Why were you unsuccessful Harriett?

Our AQF III took 4 months from start to finish and it cost us £2,500. I think it could be done quicker. We went on holiday during that time and did not rush anything. You need to consider whether the AQF will help you. We were told by TRA won't assess you without an AQF, OH got the AQF and still they won't assess us as they changed their rules in the meantime - got another great big hurdle to get over now:mad:

What's happening?

Yep it was alot, the other place only wantes $1200 but I was telling them what to do and always took ages getting back to us, like months. I guess you get what you pay for.

He is the link http://training.gov.au/Search/Training?TypeAllTrainingComponents=true&nrtNewSearchSubmit=New+Search

You have to check jobs around yours for example shoemaker does not come up even though its the offical title it come under shoe production.

see if you can find a trainer and email them with what you need.

tina

Our agent emailed us the letter from the TRA advising we were successful. Not sure if the TRA posted the letter to our agent or emailed it to him. I

think its been a record turnaround time for a review as they acknowledged the review docs on 16th June by letter and the approval letter is dated 25th June. Now ploughing through the WA SS form to get that in today....:yes:

Am I right in saying you lodged your visa application today? Think I saw it on another thread.

Big sigh of relief for you!

Fingers crossed for you pswebb!

Illumanati when did you send it?...... Also in case you didn't know wall & floor tiler is still on the state sponsored list for South Australia...... YAY!

We're awaiting feedback as to why we were unsuccessful