New to Canberra - Friends needed

Guest Dottielott

Guest Dottielott

Hi

I'm 38 and have come to Canberra on my own to live the Aussie dream.

I've been here just short of a week and am feeling a little homesick already.

I have secured a house share and have one flat mate but I don't want this to be the only friend and of course she has her own friends.

I haven't a job as yet as came in on the 176 visa. so I don't think thats helping and once I get a job I may feel more in a routine and such like but for the time being its dam hard knowing there is no support network in this town.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

Thanks

Dottielott

Hi

I have secured a house share and have one flat mate but I don't want this to be the only friend and of course she has her own friends.

I haven't a job as yet as came in on the 176 visa. so I don't think thats helping and once I get a job I may feel more in a routine and such like but for the time being its dam hard knowing there is no support network in this town.

Thanks

Dottielott

Hi Dottie,

Welcome to Canberra! I'm sure you will settle in just fine! Especially once you find work. We signed up for the Best of Canberra meetup group when we got here, and found it a good way to make friends (http://www.meetup.com/Best-of-Canberra-Social-Meetup-Group/). Also, keep an eye out for future Pomsinoz events, there is one coming up next month.

Mat

Hi

Thanks

Dottielott

Hi.like you we are new to Canberra,we only arrived on Monday. We have friends here and we are staying with them while we are looking for a house rental and to buy a car! We are so lucky to have friends here to help and we have met new friends here in Canberra,who we have been chatting to on PIO. We are a family of 3 ,Myself (Steve 46) my Wife (Wendy 47) and our daughter,my step-daughter(Georgia 18). We have found everyone here to be very helpful and polite. If you want to meet up anytime, just send a Private message on here and if we can sort out a day,time and place, we will be there?

Bye for now,Steve,Wendy & Georgia :biggrin: x

Guest Dottielott
Hi.like you we are new to Canberra,we only arrived on Monday. We have friends here and we are staying with them while we are looking for a house rental and to buy a car! We are so lucky to have friends here to help and we have met new friends here in Canberra,who we have been chatting to on PIO. We are a family of 3 ,Myself (Steve 46) my Wife (Wendy 47) and our daughter,my step-daughter(Georgia 18). We have found everyone here to be very helpful and polite. If you want to meet up anytime, just send a Private message on here and if we can sort out a day,time and place, we will be there?

Bye for now,Steve,Wendy & Georgia :biggrin: x

Ah, you arrived the day after me. Welcome to Canberra. Thanks I will be in touch.

Where are you staying in Canberra, I'm in Yarralumla.

Guest Dottielott
Normally I'd be happy to catch up for a coffee but have managed to escape for the foreseeable future - hope you can find someone to hook up with at Beess and Co or somewhere else in the vicinity. You have chosen your suburb very well BTW

Are you back in England? Have you settled in yet? How are you liking the weather? I am actually missing my commute down the M606, how weird is that?

Hi

Thanks

Dottielott

Hi I can catch for a coffee, I do not know how helpful I can be as I am new too.

Regards

Are you back in England? Have you settled in yet? How are you liking the weather? I am actually missing my commute down the M606, how weird is that?

Yup, sure am! Loving it (to coin a phrase)!!! Weather hasnt been bad at all but I am expecting it to get worse as winter progresses. Not missing anything at all from Canberra except, perhaps, at a pinch, my powerful shower!

Guest Dottielott
Hi I can catch for a coffee, I do not know how helpful I can be as I am new too.

Regards

Hiya

how long have you been in Canberra? Can always meet for a coffee, am getting to be a fan of the lattes here.

Guest Dottielott
Just over three months now, found a job for myself hence a sigh of relief, so how u finding Yarumalla

Yarralumla is nice, quiet and safe, but I think I'm living in the oldest house on the block.

Not sure I'll get a job now till after christmas which is a bit worrying but I'll just have to manage.

Which area are you in and did you travel on your own or have you got family/partner with you?

Archived