IELTS 22 October

Sol2Oz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick one. is the TRF number for a persons ielts the series of letters/numbers(16 in my case with some letters from my name) that appear when you check online results? Or does some different number appear in the mail out of the results?

Sorry can't help.

Just a quick one. is the TRF number for a persons ielts the series of letters/numbers(16 in my case with some letters from my name) that appear when you check online results? Or does some different number appear in the mail out of the results?

No. You check your results by either using your passport number, or with your candidate number. The candidate number is the number they give you at the test center.

I wouldn't worry too much I thought the same first time round and I got 9!!!! Hope I do as well this saturday in all sections but can't see it :sad:

But don't say that you don't see it, or that's exactly what you're going to get. :eek: You need confidence!! You can do it, and you will do it!

just been from my ielts speaking...it didn't go well....she buzzed me throughout about food, restaurants, eating outside or at home...what sounds you dislike and why...all in all it wasn't what i planned :sad:

Don't worry about that. I fumbled for words the first time I took the test and I got a 9.

hi all,

I sat my IELTS on 8th October meaning that the results should have been sent out today, I could get them tomorrow but i cant wait that long!!!!

I have just tried checking via the online system but it said no reults available - its sooooo frustrating!!!!

I really dont want to have to sit it again - its not a good experience. G

Good luck for tomorrow everyone, you'll breathe a sigh of relief when you come out of your speaking test and its all over - but it wont be long until the anxiety about your results kicks in!!!

Guest Paulholl

Hey guys after reading all your posts the IELTS Academic test sounds differ cult but is it really that hard for a uk native person who past all school exams etc

well here I am sat waiting for my speaking test in an hour. the other parts were ok - a lot easier than I expected given I did almost no practice.

I think the secret is knowing the format of the questions

it's a interesting to see how few of the 100 candidates are off to oz. most are foreigners coming to the u.k. to study.

I imagine that if English is not your first language it could be very difficult.

Hi all,

I have just received my IELTS results!

The postman came at 2pm - I had just resided to the fact that i would ahve to wait until Monday, I was that excited caught the post before it even hit the floor!!!

Anyway I got;

Listening - 8.5

Reading - 9.0

Writing - 8.5

Speaking - 9.0

The main reason I wanted to post is to give some confidence to other native english speakers. I didnt think that I had done that well on the writing or the speaking, obviously i was wrong - this tells me that its not as difficult as we all may think and that when you take away the nerves our level of english is actually very good - as you would expect i suppose.

Dont worry people I'm sure you'll be fine!!!

Guest whayaaat
No. You check your results by either using your passport number, or with your candidate number. The candidate number is the number they give you at the test center.

I think I'm misunderstood on my question! Sorry.Its after I log in to see results online there's a series of characters(16 on mine with some letters from my name) under the results and I was wondering is this the TRF number that appears on the mail out of the results?

Badically crazy impatient, I want to apply online for the visa without having to wait for the mail out of results after the weekend!!

Well, the speaking part was fine.

We had a general conversation using the questions the examiner had in his book - He seemed genuinely surprised when he said "we're going to talk about....(turns the page)... Swimming!" I had to say if it was popular in the UK, if I preferred the sea or a pool etc.

I said I preferred the sea because you dont know what else other than water could be in a public pool which made him laugh.

We then talked about birds, bird watchers and the advantages and disadvantages or growing up in a big and small family.

I then talked for two minutes about a family event which was our wedding.

He then asked if I'd been to any similar events recently - I've not but made up a story about my friends fictional wedding which was much bigger than ours!

So, my conclusion on IELTS? If English is your first language you should do OK. Dont worry about doing too many practice questions. I took a day off work to revise but ended up on this forum and walking the dog. All in I did about 3 hours revision - Most of that was on here, reading about the layout of the questions and the time required for each.

I have to write letters and reports at work on an almost daily basis so that probably made the writing part easy for me.

Listening is fine if you pay attention.

For the reading I didn't even read the whole article, just read the questions and skim read the text (this may not work for some). That way I knew what I was looking for and just picked it out.

I'd say that any native english person should do fine. If like me you went to uni and sat lots of exams you'll find it even easier.

I sat the test yesterday. It was my second attempt after achieving L9 R9 W7 and S9 the first time around.....and it was another disaster for me...

I just can't get my head around the writing task and again my brain went to mush. I was really disappointed with the 7 the first time around and so have spent a lot on revision materials etc. I have been writing practice essays for the past month but still panicked in the exam.

Any tips from those achieving 8 and above (how do you get 9?) gratefully received.

I should say I am a teacher and write letters and reports all the time.

Just getting incredibly stressed as visa has to be lodged before May next year when I turn 45. Also this is adding considerably to the expense...:no: