Rugby world cup - England ,Ireland and Wales

bunbury61

Guest Chris n Lou

England have had a poor world cup performance wise, and failed miserably to bury a typical French team in turmoil, but their players weren't exactly naughty out on the town, its just the media blowing it out of all proportions.

I've seen the welsh players out plenty of times before getting steaming etc in Cardiff, before everyone had a camera phone and cctv was everywhere, but our current crop look the part now.

I would love Wales to get to the final and face South Africa again, without a dodgy refereeing decision to save the boks (penalty kick that went just in,honest guv). The final is a week before we fly out so it would be a nice send off going on the lash at 6 am!

Prefer union to league, but still love a good league match.

Chris

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
England have had a poor world cup performance wise, and failed miserably to bury a typical French team in turmoil, but their players weren't exactly naughty out on the town, its just the media blowing it out of all proportions.

I've seen the welsh players out plenty of times before getting steaming etc in Cardiff, before everyone had a camera phone and cctv was everywhere, but our current crop look the part now.

I would love Wales to get to the final and face South Africa again, without a dodgy refereeing decision to save the boks (penalty kick that went just in,honest guv). The final is a week before we fly out so it would be a nice send off going on the lash at 6 am!

Prefer union to league, but still love a good league match.

Chris

we would love to see Wales get there as our 1st cousin played for Wales, I think the Kiwi's will be in the final

Is that live? Surprising have seen nothing hardly on the England game! Will be loads later if the Aussies lose to SA which I think they will.

I get to watch it at 3.15 on telstra league channel but despite my best efforts I found out the score this morning ! Blame the nazis for France beating England in union , France was a league country until the 2nd world war when the union collaberated with the Germans and seized all their grounds and assets .i'l be supporting Oz now in the world cup , anything else would be discourteous to my host country !

I get to watch it at 3.15 on telstra league channel but despite my best efforts I found out the score this morning ! Blame the nazis for France beating England in union , France was a league country until the 2nd world war when the union collaberated with the Germans and seized all their grounds and assets .i'l be supporting Oz now in the world cup , anything else would be discourteous to my host country !

I'll support the Aussies but I feel SA will win.

Guest Sir Les Patterson
Link doesn't work mate,

It does when I click on it.....................besides there are no prizes for seconds.

Guest Sir Les Patterson

As I said harpomod/dom or whatever....there are no prizes for second......we are still in it and you are OUT :biglaugh:

Fair play to the aussies i reckon, they were out played for long periods as the posession stats prove but they defended with amazing spirit and thouroughly deserved their win.

Aussies will have to up their game a bit to defeat NZ .. but great win today and a good one for the Welsh yesterday. It's been very good watching quater final clashes that have produced great games for the spectators ... might have to watch Western Force this year - i've caught the bug

Remember there are members of the Welsh squad who have been through their own controversies in recent months (Andy Powell, Mike Phillips, Bradley Davies etc) so it's not like they've all turned into choirboys overnight.

However, there is a new resolve about the Welsh team, one that I haven't seen for several years. Watching that second half against Fiji on Saturday I was blown away but the effort and commitment shown by the team. I remember watching Warburton bravely throw himself on a loose ball with less than 10mins to go and Lee Halfpenny strolling under the posts with three team mates behind him and not a Fijian player in sight.

England always seem to do well in World Cup competitions and I wouldn't write them off just yet (remember they're yet to lose a match) as they have a pack of forwards capable of causing most teams a few problems.

Personally although union is my first love, I prefer league nowadays. Some of the antics of the (union) players is starting to mirror that of their overpaid footballing colleagues.

COME ON NOW WALES ............I would love to see them do it ........for the 6 nations and the northern hemisphere ........and for the bloody underdog .

COME ON NOW WALES ............I would love to see them do it ........for the 6 nations and the northern hemisphere ........and for the bloody underdog .

p.s iam down in Abercarn on tuesday ......i shall pay another visit to Joe Calzaghes gym .......i visited the other week ......you would not believe that the greatest British fighter of them all , trained there .

On the edge of an industrial estate ....at the end of a rugby pitch ....a small brick built gym ....all the windows bricked up .....one car on the car park.

I knocked the door and joes dad , Enzo answered .....what a decent bloke ....let me have a look around the gym ....which is now basically a shrine to joe and his achievments .

Fair play to the aussies i reckon, they were out played for long periods as the posession stats prove but they defended with amazing spirit and thouroughly deserved their win.

Good that the Aussies won, but it was the worst refereeing I have seen for a long time, he had absolutely no control over the game. One of the forward passes was very very doubtful!

But the thinking maybe was it will be better to have Australia in the semi's than Argentina!'

As an Englishmen , iam disappointed about the revelations and behaviour of some of our rugby players in NZ.

I thought only our so called footballers were capable of such stupidity and naivety.

In contrast the Welsh have got their act together .....a new young ,focussed captain in Sam Warburton , a togetherness in the team , which hasnt always been the case.

As they have such strong minded individuals , like the Dutch soccer team , its often hard to galvanize them .....but not this time.

Apparently the Welsh players havent had a beer for months now , and their training has been extensive .

The game between Ireland and Wales should be a cracker ,and i think one of these will rightly represent the Northern hemisphere in the final.

Now Tualagi has dived off a bloody ferry! What an absolute shambles and so embarrassing. Costing him a fortune though as he was fined £3000 by the RFU for it plus £5000 for playing with a sponsored gumshield (I'd have thought he had enough money to buy his own!!!). I think Johnson is too much "one of the blokes" to fully be able to control the blokes and as such, I think he's doomed. Well done the Aussies and Kiwis - class acts. Felt so sorry for the Springboks coach - mad as a box of frogs, but likeable all the same!

Guest guest57588
As I said harpomod/dom or whatever....there are no prizes for second......we are still in it and you are OUT :biglaugh:

Well said Lezza!. We Aussies still have the best players, and the most gracious and knowledgable fans :smile:

Guest guest57588
Are we talking rugby or cricket now?:wacko:

All sports mate, but especially growth sports like Womens Beach Volleyball and Water Polo. I know that I'm not alone as a knowledgable and committed fan of both events. I could quote you stats about the players that would make your eyes water.

Archived