Where is the best place to live and sail in queensland

Ready to go

Just about to get our visa, so we really need to get our act together and choose a place to live. Have 2 kids 9 and 11 so good schools are a must. Don't fancy Gold Coast, and don't think Brisbane is for us. A real must is some great sailing on our doorstop, but also need somewhere with enough people to provide work for a PV, renewable and heating/plumbing business. So I guess I'm looking for idea's for good sized towns, with plenty of sailing destinations nearby. Oh it also must also be pretty, and not likely to flood. I know I'm fussy, but it's a big move and I want to get it right. :jimlad:

It depends on the sort of sailing you are after! If it's ocean sailing then you'd need to look at the gold or sunshine coasts. If you are happy with the calmer waters of Moreton Bay then there's heaps of sailing!! Have a look at http://www.rqys.com.au/ and http://www.wmyc.org.au/ to see if that's the sort of thing you are after.

There's lots of solar installers around here. Try Goodhew solar in Cleveland - I see a lot of their vans driving around.

Hope that helps

Love

Rudi

x

• 4 weeks later...

Most areas, if you wish to sail offshore, require you to cross a "bar', which can be treachorous . Mooloolaba has easier access to offshore as does the many ramps around Brisbane offering access to Moreton bay and then offshore.

Don't be fooled by the word "bay" though. It isn't known as "the washing machine" without reason.