886/176/475 State Sponsored :September 2011 Gang

Big Bob

Dear Kate,

Really thankful for your reply. Well I am accountant (221111) and my overall experience is almost 10 years in corporate banking, corporate planning and analysis, investment banking, Financial analyst and treasury with leading banks in the country and a telecom MNC. (Telenor). I have the State Sponsorship from Western Australia and I am planning to live in Perth, although I can change still.

Please share the experience, if you may know anyone with my profile. Also can I have the contact details of the recruitment consultant you are dealing with?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Iza,

Would have no problem giving you recruiter's name but he works for a small company (left a bigger one) and they only do engineering. It's a pity because he has been great for us.

We have found Hays pretty good too and obviously they are huge and recruit for everything, but they weren't interested in talking to us until we had the visa in place and could give evidence of it etc. Having said that they have been very professional, responding to emails etc.

Davidson recruitment are also very professional, if you are interested in Queensland at all. They recruit for accounting positions.

Michael Page are another enormous recruitment agency that do accounting. We found them to be very professional (got an immediate response to application, response to emails etc) but said straight out that they weren't interested until we are over there. The relevant recruiter has arranged to meet my husband the week we arrive.

Unfortunately we have had far more bad experiences with good, and I could give you a much longer list of really bad recruiters, who never answer or return phone calls or emails, never respond to applications, or else promise the world and then disappear, never to be heard from again.

I'm sure that there are other accountants on Poms who would have direct experience of job hunting in your industry and their advice might be more relevant to you.

Best of luck with the hunt!

Kate.

We got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

We got our visa today - am so excited! Off to buy something fizzy to put in the fridge for later!

However the panic has set in already - so much to do, where are we going to live, what schools for the children??????

AHHHGGGG!

Helen xxx

Congratluations Helen!!!! I know how you feel - we sat down with a glass of bubbly last night and started making lists of everything we have to do to get out to oz - never mind what we have to do when we get there!!! :laugh: Hope you enjoy the fizz this evening !!

Dear Kate,

Really thankful for your reply. Well I am accountant (221111) and my overall experience is almost 10 years in corporate banking, corporate planning and analysis, investment banking, Financial analyst and treasury with leading banks in the country and a telecom MNC. (Telenor). I have the State Sponsorship from Western Australia and I am planning to live in Perth, although I can change still.

Please share the experience, if you may know anyone with my profile. Also can I have the contact details of the recruitment consultant you are dealing with?

Hi Iza,

I'm an accountant too & qualified over 10 years as well, however my experience is in the construction industry. I have not started looking for jobs and don't intend to for the next wee while. So I can't help on the reruitment front as yet.

One if the reasons we are moving to Oz is for a better overall life with the boys and to us it means me working part-time (hopefully!!). Therefore our priority is for the OH to get a job first & then for me to work my notice prior to myself & the kids moving out.

I have friends in Perth & they gave me Michael Page & Hays as a first port of call. Hope that helps.

Sarah

Guest luckylady

We got our visa today - am so excited! Off to buy something fizzy to put in the fridge for later!

However the panic has set in already - so much to do, where are we going to live, what schools for the children??????

AHHHGGGG!

Helen xxx

Conratulations on the Visa - Best of luck

AHHHGGGG!

Helen xxx

Congratulations Helen on your grant:hug:

Congratulations-Glitters-21.gif

regards

Big Bob

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:wubclub:

Thanks Corky80 : )

Yippee...congratulations Bob. You have completed the dufficult part of your journey. It's just the move. When is this planned for?

Thanks Mansukhpatel...

I have resigned from my current job just 5 mins back :cute:....I am planning to move 2nd week of November :biggrin:...When are you planning to fly mate ?

Congrats Big Bob - you must have the record for the fastest visa just 3 weeks!!!

Hey lebourvellec

Thanks... I know its just 21 days and exact 3 weeks...Oh Jeez ! Cant beleive it but Yes... :laugh:

thanks and regards

Big Bob

Guest AusPerth

Hi,

I have been following this forum since July time when we applied for WA state sponsorship, You guys are fantastic .... We got WA sponsorship on 15th August ,then on 25th August applied for 176 and today morning we got our Grant .... All this was possible only bcoz of u guys!!!!! Thank you and all the best to all of you :) Still getting the feel of having 176 soon will go to consulate/ Embassy to get the sticker in our passports so that this feeling becomes much more REAL :))))

Lots of Love :)

Hi,

I have been following this forum since July time when we applied for WA state sponsorship, You guys are fantastic .... We got WA sponsorship on 15th August ,then on 25th August applied for 176 and today morning we got our Grant .... All this was possible only bcoz of u guys!!!!! Thank you and all the best to all of you :) Still getting the feel of having 176 soon will go to consulate/ Embassy to get the sticker in our passports so that this feeling becomes much more REAL :))))

Lots of Love :)

Congratulations AusPerth :hug:...SO you were sneaking haan :P:P silent visitor...:skeptical:...:biglaugh::cute:....Have a good life in OZ...

regards

Big Bob

Guest denisenicholls

Hi Bob,

I am new to this site but would like to be part of the thread.

We are applying for 176 Victoria State Sponsorship - my husband is a Refrigeration/Air conditioining Engineer. We are using Global Visas and we have just sent off our TRA with all certified paperwork. Question - what is the form 1100 and form 80?

Denise :biggrin:

Hi Bob,

I am new to this site but would like to be part of the thread.

We are applying for 176 Victoria State Sponsorship - my husband is a Refrigeration/Air conditioining Engineer. We are using Global Visas and we have just sent off our TRA with all certified paperwork. Question - what is the form 1100 and form 80?

Denise :biggrin:

Hi Denise

After you are approved of your state sponsorship you file your 176 Visa...You then immediately update your sponsoring "state" or "territory" which uploads Form 1100 and then your 176 visa application is considered valid and application processing is commenced.

Form 80 is character requirements which include details of all your family member and convictions(including traffic) if any.

regards

Bob

Hi Guys,am I right in saying the 176 SS visas are taking between 1-3 months?

According to the timelines anyway, i thought they took longer?

There is no hard or fast rule for timeline.It depends on which state you have applied your state sponsorship. Check each states websites for estimated times of processing which is ideally 8-12 weeks....

regards

Bob

Anybody started looking at flights yet? OH is hoping to go out to Perth in a few weeks & we have been trawling for good deals - just wondered if anyone had any good websites :notworthy:

Lols :laugh:...What a coincidence Sarah ..I was just going through those websites.... I am securing November 8 :wink:...Almost final....Singapore Airlines...What are ya upto...

regards

Bob