Woooohoooo!!!Got the job!

Guest orlaandjoe

Guest orlaandjoe

Had my interview this morning and they offerred me a job and sponsership on 457 visa with a view to permanent sponsorship after a year! I am absolutely gobsmacked all our dreams just came true!:jiggy:

Guest orlaandjoe

Hi Diandal

Heading to Geraldton Western Australia, a city about 4 hours from Perth! Where in Australia are you?

Guest Corky80
Hi Diandal

Heading to Geraldton Western Australia, a city about 4 hours from Perth! Where in Australia are you?

Hi Orla,

Can I ask how long did it take you to get your registration through with APHRA for WA- we are applying for the 176 and we are looking at Bunbury 2 hrs south of Perth but not moving til next august, we are applying for state sponsorship this week and will hopefully get the visa by xmas but was wondering how long did it take to come through,

Well done with the job, ye must be delighted- its all becoming a reality!!!:smile:

Orla M.

Guest orlaandjoe
Hoping to have OH job offer completed tomorrow and we will be heading to wa, most likely Perth suburbs.

Di x

Best of luck with everything Di let me know how it goes!

Orla x

Guest orlaandjoe
Hi Orla,

Can I ask how long did it take you to get your registration through with APHRA for WA- we are applying for the 176 and we are looking at Bunbury 2 hrs south of Perth but not moving til next august, we are applying for state sponsorship this week and will hopefully get the visa by xmas but was wondering how long did it take to come through,

Well done with the job, ye must be delighted- its all becoming a reality!!!:smile:

Orla M.

Hey Orla! Thats great, very exciting, I'd say you're so excited to get going! It took me about three to four months to get registered with AHPRA, but I had no bother with them I just sent all the documents off and they sent me back a letter saying I'm eligible to register as a midwife when I get to oz!very straightforward really..anything I can help with just let me know!

Orla x

Hi Orla

Thats great news! Am new to PIO and a midwife, have sent my CV off to WA health about 6 weeks ago and still not heard anything yet. How did you find your job and how did you go about the whole anamc and aphra assessment/registration? Have you used an agent?

We are longing to get to WA but am majorly confused about the best way to do things. Any help would be appreciated. Once again, congratulations.

Kind regards

Kirstie

Guest orlaandjoe
Hi Orla

Thats great news! Am new to PIO and a midwife, have sent my CV off to WA health about 6 weeks ago and still not heard anything yet. How did you find your job and how did you go about the whole anamc and aphra assessment/registration? Have you used an agent?

We are longing to get to WA but am majorly confused about the best way to do things. Any help would be appreciated. Once again, congratulations.

Kind regards

Kirstie

Hi Kirstie! Thank you very much! I looked up jobs on seek.com.au, and also sent CVs to individual hospitals too and got my interview that way! I applied directly to AHPRA for registration (go to their website) and had no problems at all with them got everything through in 3-4 months. Originally I was going to apply for a 176 state sponsored(permanent) visa and sent off to ANMAC for skills assessment in FEB but still no result back!!!! After my job offer I decided to go for a 457 (temporary) employer sponsored visa which will hopefully get me over there much quicker to start the job.. also no skills assessment needed for this so thats a bonus!We did use an agent but found we did most of the work so not sure if it was useful, and as they are going to charge us more money to start the new visa process we aren't going to bother doing it through them, we are going to do it ourselves. If I can help you with anything else let me know!

Orla x

Guest orlaandjoe
Thanks Orla, will get my CV off to individual hospitals then as opposed to waiting for the DOH/WA. Will certainly be in touch for interview tips, if I get one!

Thanks again:smile:x

no prob kirstie if I can help with anything let me know!

Archived