New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

I always promised myself that I wouldn't get caught up in the constant checking of my application process, after all, I'm in no rush certainly financially, and it seems my visa will be dealt with 12 months earlier than I ever expected.

Yet on Friday, I was struggling to log into my bank, even to the extenet I rung them and told them my account number wasn't working.

It turned out that I was trying to log in using my passport number........

:biglaugh: Oh no did you tell the bank what details you was putting.

Guest JohnAnton
I can not understand how 175 moved 1 month, but 885 moved only 3 days(from 15 june - 18 june). Both are in cat 4..

I think diac want 175 and 176 P4 applicants to catch up with the 885's

Guest AndyH78

Tania, I asked them to confirm what my account number was, (I should have just checked my cards), after they went through the security checks, they confirmed a number that was totally alien to me for a few seconds, then it dawned on me......

Case Officer is contacting with Applicant who has applied before 1 February, 2011. My application date is 4 th February, 2010. I have not been contacted by the Case Officer.

Can anyone please tell me the reason for the delay or else i am misunderstanding something ? What should i do ?

175 MODL applied online: February 2010 | ACS Reassessment applied : 9 June 2011 | ACS Approved :29 August 2011 | Cat. 4 - 02 September 2011 (Through PLE) | Waiting for CO..........

Guest waitingtogotooz
Case Officer is contacting with Applicant who has applied before 1 February, 2011. My application date is 4 th February, 2010. I have not been contacted by the Case Officer.

Can anyone please tell me the reason for the delay or else i am misunderstanding something ? What should i do ?

175 MODL applied online: February 2010 | ACS Reassessment applied : 9 June 2011 | ACS Approved :29 August 2011 | Cat. 4 - 02 September 2011 (Through PLE) | Waiting for CO..........

Hi,

Can you or your agent send a PLE?

Best of luck

Hi,

Can you or your agent send a PLE?

Best of luck

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

I sent a PLE last week but no reply. Today i sent another PLE..............another 5 days to wait

I tried to phone them but difficult to catch them up..........

Guest jaffas1

Hi Tania,

Please could you add my details to the list?

Thanks for all the good work, keeping the list updated!:smile:

Name: jaffas1

Date of Visa application: 29/09/2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Urban and Regional Planner

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest waitingtogotooz
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

I sent a PLE last week but no reply. Today i sent another PLE..............another 5 days to wait

I tried to phone them but difficult to catch them up..........

Oh dear :(

Perhaps ring them again, be persistent and hope it pays off.

I believe its usually 28 days, but you can request longer with a good reason, i.e. you cant book a medical in that time due to the clinic being booked up...

Can anyone tell me, when you get contacted my a case officer, how long do you have to do your police check and medicals? Do they give you a deadline such as a month or 2 months?

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff

Once again I have missed the target (this time it was 19 days with a minus :biggrin:). But the only thing I am glad for is that I always underestimate DIAC's potential.

Guest JohnAnton

The docs that I've submitted to my agent are still "required" in my online status.

Is this normal (pending CO allocation)?

Or does this mean that my agent havent uploaded anything yet

Hi John,

They usually stay as 'required' until a CO picks up your file.

You can check the documents that your agent has uploaded using the following link:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

You will need to get your password off your agent.

Bharat

The docs that I've submitted to my agent are still "required" in my online status.

Is this normal (pending CO allocation)?

Or does this mean that my agent havent uploaded anything yet

Hi Tania,

Please could you add my details to the list?

Thanks for all the good work, keeping the list updated!:smile:

Name: jaffas1

Date of Visa application: 29/09/2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Urban and Regional Planner

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Welcome to the list jaffas1.

Guest 3Pirrets2Oz
Thanks....I assume you mean 14th March 2011 :biggrin:....

After an exact hit this month, Im going to hold judgement and see how this week pans out.

Haha...I'm a diddy :biglaugh:

You would be correct Bpremji!

Thank you xxx

Guest sun lovers
Its mad isn't it........there must be quite a few of us with COs that are actually glad when the weekend is over & DIAC are back at work! :wacko:

Hi Mandy we had our vise GRANTED today :yellow_guy_smiling_ soo pleased we have a 176 and a 175. They granted our 175 !! applied in 2008 then put in CAT 5, recently moved to Cat 3 with the changes, got a case officer one month ago. How things can change, have you any news on your meds x Good luck everyone x

Congrats Sun Lovers! My meds got referred but finalised 2 days later, thanks. Oo, I wonder whether we'll get considered for a 175 then - I did ask our CO if we could revert back to a 175 & he said it was already decided that 176s would still be 176s but all paperwork sent via email would refer to a 175:wacko: as they didnt have separate 176 letters. He did say that it was only a moral obligation and an agreement between us & Qld government so to liaise with them if we no longer wanted to go to Qld but TBH we're not sure, we just wanted to keep our options open.

Mandy x