New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi Tania, Thanks for taking on this thread it is very useful - please add me ...

Name: Eddie2010 (Jodie)

Date of Visa application: 17/12/2010

Nationality:English

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:LR

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):n/a

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:No

Police check submitted:No

Date CO assigned:Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:Not yet

Thank you ;o)

I think you are the first 175 app from 2011 with the march email!

Thanks for adding us.

We thought we will have to wait 18 - 24 months and then got the 18th march email. Done med and pc, no nothing, but staying positive. Hopefully hear something soon. There are people waiting for years, so can't complain.

Name: p12aks

Date of Visa application: 01-08-2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Gen Accountant

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:OFFSHORE

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): n/z

Post-14th July Category:CATEGORY-4

Medicals submitted: NO

Police check submitted: NO

Date CO assigned: WAITING

Date of employment verification (If applicable):NO

Date visa granted:NO

Hi Tania, Thanks for taking on this thread it is very useful - please add me ...

Name: Eddie2010 (Jodie)

Date of Visa application: 17/12/2010

Nationality:English

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:LR

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):n/a

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:No

Police check submitted:No

Date CO assigned:Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:Not yet

Thank you ;o)

Welcome to this thread I have added your details to the front page.

Thanks Tania

Thanks for adding us.

We thought we will have to wait 18 - 24 months and then got the 18th march email. Done med and pc, no nothing, but staying positive. Hopefully hear something soon. There are people waiting for years, so can't complain.

I think once things start to move again I don't think It will be long before you get your visa,

yes I so no that feeling of having to wait a long time as we lodged Nov 2008 but that is not anyone else fault its just what the Government want at that time I think I fell very unlucky at the time I applied.

Tania:biggrin:

Guest AAAZR
Hi I have a problem getting past my Agent, I have asked him to send a PLE on more one occasion since the 1st July to to request that we would like DIAC to confirm that we have now been move to new CAT 4 and to when we would expect a CO, my agents just says he hasn't heard anything yet this I don't believe so I have just sent another email asking him for my husbands reference that I would need for DIAC and a email address so I can contact them myself.

Thanks

Tania

Hi Tania,

As far as I know there is a form you can get from DIAC to request them that all correspondence be made to you and not your agent. I know of a few people that have done this. Maybe look into that or phone DIAC to ask what the correct form is to complete!!:jiggy:

I would really not be satisfied with the kind of service your agent is giving you. In the very least I would insist the agent forward me any and all correspondence with DIAC,so if you asked agent to follow-up then demand an email as proof of him contacting DIAC.

All too often,once they have your money they forget about you and just wait to hear from DIAC instead of chasing them.

Good luck! I'll search for that form in the mean time:yes:

A

Edit: Maybe something like form 956A? Maybe some of the other members can help...

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956a.pdf

Hi Tania,

As far as I know there is a form you can get from DIAC to request them that all correspondence be made to you and not your agent. I know of a few people that have done this. Maybe look into that or phone DIAC to ask what the correct form is to complete!!:jiggy:

I would really not be satisfied with the kind of service your agent is giving you. In the very least I would insist the agent forward me any and all correspondence with DIAC,so if you asked agent to follow-up then demand an email as proof of him contacting DIAC.

All too often,once they have your money they forget about you and just wait to hear from DIAC instead of chasing them.

Good luck! I'll search for that form in the mean time:yes:

A

Hi AAAZR,

Thank you for the information I would really appreciate that, what I am worried about is that my oldest is now 18 but still dependent on us and should do another year in college come September I feel I still need my Agent just to make sure I provide the correct information in case I haven't already, in may I sent of evidence to prove he his dependent on us and I am hoping that they won't need anymore.

As for my Agent I lost my first one as he was from the UK from a company called Four Corners but they went bust but strangely I got a phone call from a company in Aus using the same name this to be my new Agent saying if i payed $200 he would take on my case baring in mind that I had already lodge my application and my state sponsor so all's this Agent would have to do is send emails on my behalf, this was fine in the first few months but now i find it hard getting him to give me any info also what I found is when I got all my copies of our application from the first agent and went through it all it had the second agents name on all our paper work.

Tania

Hi AAAZR,

Thank you for the information I would really appreciate that, what I am worried about is that my oldest is now 18 but still dependent on us and should do another year in college come September I feel I still need my Agent just to make sure I provide the correct information in case I haven't already, in may I sent of evidence to prove he his dependent on us and I am hoping that they won't need anymore.

As for my Agent I lost my first one as he was from the UK from a company called Four Corners but they went bust but strangely I got a phone call from a company in Aus using the same name this to be my new Agent saying if i payed $200 he would take on my case baring in mind that I had already lodge my application and my state sponsor so all's this Agent would have to do is send emails on my behalf, this was fine in the first few months but now i find it hard getting him to give me any info also what I found is when I got all my copies of our application from the first agent and went through it all it had the second agents name on all our paper work.

Tania

Hi Tania

So has your agent not even given you your TRN which you use to contact DIAC? I mean as far as agents go all mine has done in 2 years is sent 1 PLE for me after the changes on 1/7/11 (and even then all we got back was an automated response from DIAC saying not to contact them again till we got a CO!) and updated my daughters passport as it ran out, really if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have gone through an agent!

But as soon as our visa app was lodged they sent us an e-mail with our ref no on and I can check the status of my application online myself which is good.

I definitely would be asking them for this just for your own piece of mind!! :mad:

Tracy

Guest AAAZR
Hi AAAZR,

Tania

Hi Tania,

I edited my previous post to add the form I think you might need...check it out.

In my opinion it seems as though you don't have an agent in any case because of the poor service:arghh: I really suggest phoning DIAC and asking what the implications would be of you submitting such a form and once you have a C.O...I'm sure the CO will be much more helpful ito documents needed etc than your "agent".

Just check with DIAC if they correspond with you rather than agent, what your agent's obligations are as far as rendering a service to you in future is concerned.

I would definitely look into that if I were you!

Good luck.

A

Hi Tania

So has your agent not even given you your TRN which you use to contact DIAC? I mean as far as agents go all mine has done in 2 years is sent 1 PLE for me after the changes on 1/7/11 (and even then all we got back was an automated response from DIAC saying not to contact them again till we got a CO!) and updated my daughters passport as it ran out, really if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have gone through an agent!

But as soon as our visa app was lodged they sent us an e-mail with our ref no on and I can check the status of my application online myself which is good.

I definitely would be asking them for this just for your own piece of mind!! :mad:

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

We can't check online as the first agent did this by paper based :arghh: as I don't think he was MIRA registered that's why the second agent was signing off our documents I think, so we would have to email them I think.

Thanks Tania

Hi Tania,

I edited my previous post to add the form I think you might need...check it out.

In my opinion it seems as though you don't have an agent in any case because of the poor service:arghh: I really suggest phoning DIAC and asking what the implications would be of you submitting such a form and once you have a C.O...I'm sure the CO will be much more helpful ito documents needed etc than your "agent".

Just check with DIAC if they correspond with you rather than agent, what your agent's obligations are as far as rendering a service to you in future is concerned.

I would definitely look into that if I were you!

Good luck.

A

I will wait to see what I hear back from the email I sent my Agent as I mentioned to him that if he gave me the reference to my husbands application I would contact DIAC myself if he couldn't send a PLE on our behalf.

I will take a look at the form :biggrin:

Thanks Tania

Guest TeamChicken

Hello, quick question: What is this Date of employment verification (If applicable): status for? Is it when the immigration department calls all your previous employers?

TA!

Guest TeamChicken
Yes I would say so.

Tania

Thanks! Do you think they actually call each of the employers? just wondering if they have enough manpower to do it. A friend of mine worked for an assessing authority before (TRA) and said they only call the "suspicious" applications to verify but definitely not everyone.

Thanks! Do you think they actually call each of the employers? just wondering if they have enough manpower to do it. A friend of mine worked for an assessing authority before (TRA) and said they only call the "suspicious" applications to verify but definitely not everyone.[/quote

I don't think they do and from what has been posted on the forums it only seems to be a few that have said they have had this verification.

Tania

I know I shouldn't, but I'm disappointed. After the speed DIAC handled applications in May. At the time we really thought we'd have a good chance to have a CO somewhere around ... today? But now it looks like it could take forever.

Most people go for 176 SS now, because it is so much quicker, and they all step in line in front of us.

and that's even more frustrating! You probably thought to have your grant before July?

Ya bj27. I thought every thing would be all right by before july. But still i am waiting... long waiting made me crazy....... :cry:

As i feel both of we are in same boat......