New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Thanks. Do you have to go to London? To be honest I don't know what you have to do these days to get the visa stamp!!:eek:

I live in the US, so this may not help you that much, but if there is an Australian Consulate closer than the Embassy, then you may bet your visa "evidenced" there.

Of course, I don't honestly know if or where there are Oz Consulates in the UK, but a nearby Consulate in Chicago will save me a long trip to Washington.

Guest JohnAnton

Any useful tips when doing the meds?

I've read somewhere that it is advisable to drink lots of water so that the urine test would yield good results. Also, wear your best undies.

any additional inputs?

We are planning to have our meds tomorrow

Any useful tips when doing the meds?

I've read somewhere that it is advisable to drink lots of water so that the urine test would yield good results. Also, wear your best undies.

any additional inputs?

We are planning to have our meds tomorrow

We didnt drink lots of water before going as we had a long journey & didnt want to keep stopping, but I have read that so not sure if it makes any difference. Best undies.....well I did make a special trip to M&S but it was all in vain as I wasn't even asked to undress:no:.

Only advice I would give is that if you do have any existing medical condition, make sure that you take recent letters or info for them to pass onto DIAC. Mine was referred but I took lots of letters & they were finalised within 2 days so I obviously gave them all the info they needed.

Other advice.....really dont worry, the worst part is paying for it at the end!

Good Luck, Mandy

Sorry blonde moment, what do we have to do and where do we have to go once we have our grant with our passports n get them stamped???

Soz I know I'm not making much sense

Tired Zzzzz

You don't have to get them stamped as its on the system when you go through the airport, I wanted to take the kids to London before we go to Australia as they have never been so I thought it would be a good idea to get the stamp at the same time, now hear is my brown moment I don't know where you go as yet to get the stamp as I haven't looked into it hoping someone will come along and give us that info:biggrin:

So the Police Checks arrived today, scanned & now uploaded. Everything the CO has asked for has been submitted so I guess I join the waiting room........unless our CO then asks for more information!! :biggrin:

Something is happening, my meds are now showing as received, so are our two sons, daughters showing Hep blood tests requested, But Hubby's still showing Meds requested......This is doing my head in!!!!!!!!! I just want meds finalised, and join Anlopa, Tania, TraxFM and all the others in the visa waiting room.

Same! Mine has changed to finalised but my husbands bloods are still requested?!!! Sooooo frustrating!

Just warning everyone that even though all our work experience turned to "MET" 12 days ago, my husbands work got a phone call from DIAC, and they did not contact the Manager who wrote the reference but a office Manager who does not know really what he does...... nightmare, luckily she consulted OH Manager before replying to varify job role.........:eek::cry: seems like she gave a slightly different job title, instead of the generic ansco code title, i'm very angry now, and hope this does not spoil things for us.

Be on your guards:arghh::arghh:

Guest JohnAnton
We didnt drink lots of water before going as we had a long journey & didnt want to keep stopping, but I have read that so not sure if it makes any difference. Best undies.....well I did make a special trip to M&S but it was all in vain as I wasn't even asked to undress:no:.

Only advice I would give is that if you do have any existing medical condition, make sure that you take recent letters or info for them to pass onto DIAC. Mine was referred but I took lots of letters & they were finalised within 2 days so I obviously gave them all the info they needed.

Other advice.....really dont worry, the worst part is paying for it at the end!

Good Luck, Mandy

Thanks for removing my worries :jiggy:

Team2, the call was from the Integrity officer,not the CO. I think it was prompted by our Agent submitting our form 80 on Monday:cry: i am worried now :eek::swoon::twitcy:

Never heard of form 80. Ive had a look online at the form now though still know nothing about it. Is this a statutory form or is there a process that causes one of these to be filled in? I just cant remember filling one of these or filling one of these online during the application process. My agent hasn't asked for one either.

Never heard of form 80. Ive had a look online at the form now though still know nothing about it. Is this a statutory form or is there a process that causes one of these to be filled in? I just cant remember filling one of these or filling one of these online during the application process. My agent hasn't asked for one either.

That,s strange, everyone has to fill in form 80, it is mandatory for all adult applicants. It is a very detailed form about all your family, education, job, holidays over last 10 years and so on.....

Guest AndyH78

DCAL ditto, my case officer has "met" everything apart from PCCs and meds, and I've never filled in a form 80.

In two minds again whether to tell my boss now....

Guest waitingtogotooz

Form 80 is your character assessement

That,s strange, everyone has to fill in form 80, it is mandatory for all adult applicants. It is a very detailed form about all your family, education, job, holidays over last 10 years and so on.....

I didnt fill out one like the version in the PDF listed below, but it could well have formed part of the online steps/process that I took when applying unless you have to submit this form separately??