New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

So sorry to hear that, glad you haven't given up and good luck please keep us informed of how it all goes.

Tania

Thank you and I hope your house sells quickly, will no doubt stay on hear to keep up with everyones news.

Do 176 state sponsored visa take long???????

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.................................................................:wacko:

So, not good news from our camp I'm afraid, no right to appeal the decision. So gutted......

Dont know where we go from here??? I dont want to give up on my dream just yet.............

Maybe state sponsorship???? will spend some time later looking into it but not really sure how it all works.................????????

Best start saving them pennies!!! if we do anything its going to have to been sooner rather than later...OH turns 45 next November and would like to get it before the July 2012 changes...

Like I said, Pick yourself up. If you apply today, you will probably have state sponsorship by end of this month. Then apply to DIAC again and you will probably have your visa's by March. I know its a bummer as I was in the same position where DIAC go from the end of the month you started work. EG: If you started on the 2nd March, they go from 30th March unless you can get documented proof you started on that date in your reference letter. For this reason I too got caught short and had to go back to my previous employer for a reference so know exactly the issue your going through. I would suggest though you do it now rather then sit round and weigh up your options.

So, not good news from our camp I'm afraid, no right to appeal the decision. So gutted......

Dont know where we go from here??? I dont want to give up on my dream just yet.............

Maybe state sponsorship???? will spend some time later looking into it but not really sure how it all works.................????????

Best start saving them pennies!!! if we do anything its going to have to been sooner rather than later...OH turns 45 next November and would like to get it before the July 2012 changes...

Oh dear, i'm so sorry to hear that, but glad your going to re-apply. I really do wish you all the best and i'm sure you will still be on this thread to keep us all company :cute: Good luck :hug:

Like I said, Pick yourself up. If you apply today, you will probably have state sponsorship by end of this month. Then apply to DIAC again and you will probably have your visa's by March. I know its a bummer as I was in the same position where DIAC go from the end of the month you started work. EG: If you started on the 2nd March, they go from 30th March unless you can get documented proof you started on that date in your reference letter. For this reason I too got caught short and had to go back to my previous employer for a reference so know exactly the issue your going through. I would suggest though you do it now rather then sit round and weigh up your options.

Hubby will need to retake the IELTS test to qualify for full marks off 20 points, he got 7,7,8,9 last time which was enough before new changes in July 2011, so will get that sorted as soon as.

Need to check which states are definately sponsoring his qualification.

I am assuming that we will have to medicals done again for a 'new' application?? I suppose ploice checks will be ok as long as the dont run out?

Guest AndyH78

Did anyone else have to do AFP checks?

Is it possible for them to forward your results direct to immigration, rather than them sending them to the UK, only for me to send them back to Oz.

I've suddenly realised that with the Christmas post and holidays, I'm rapidly running out of time.

Hubby will need to retake the IELTS test to qualify for full marks off 20 points, he got 7,7,8,9 last time which was enough before new changes in July 2011, so will get that sorted as soon as.

I am assuming that we will have to medicals done again for a 'new' application?? I suppose ploice checks will be ok as long as the dont run out?

If I could offer you some advice, before you apply you might consider engaging an agent to see if you're eligible. This might ensure your 176 application has a realistic chance of success. I am using an agent and although I could have applied myself have found their service worthwhile (just my opinion). Ours was an expensive service at around £860 but may save you money in the long run. As you have experienced there may be a little "Gotcha" somewhere in the fine print. An agent should be acutely aware of potential pitfalls.

Guest waitingtogotooz
Yipeeee then v hav a case officer...

Hi Tania

Turn me pink please...The CO has asked for job verification & sponsor relationship documents.Everything was provided to the agent.Waiting to hear from the agent....

YAY

Congratulations :hug:

They are flying through the applicants now

Guest waitingtogotooz
So I had the person come for the second viewing on my house last night and would like to know how much for me to take it of the market, we have another viewing tonight!!!

Excellent

How exciting for you x

Guest waitingtogotooz

Yes i agree that you should at least make contact with an agent to see if a 176 is an option before you look into it and stress yourself out even more. I have a couple of email addresses/telephone numbers if you want to PM me ill pass them on. I really hope that you can get SS and it works out for you, I really feel for you. lots of hugs :hug::hug::hug:

Hi, I agree with the above: ask an agent to see if there is anything you may overlook.

Apart from that: as far as I know, both medicals and police checks are valid for a year. That means that if you can get a grant and book a flight before that year is over, you should be ok. I think you had your medical in Sept? Application for 176 can go pretty fast in some cases (faster then 175 in 2011), because they are cat3, so I think that it may be possible... ?

Thank you and I hope your house sells quickly, will no doubt stay on hear to keep up with everyones news.

Do 176 state sponsored visa take long???????

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.................................................................:wacko:

I am not sure how long it takes to get a sponsor, I don't think it takes long but once you have that you should be allocated a co straight away I hear it take around to months to grant.

Your medicals last for 12 months can you check with your old co to ask that they keep them safe as you will be applying again.

Yipeeee then v hav a case officer...

Hi Tania

Turn me pink please...The CO has asked for job verification & sponsor relationship documents.Everything was provided to the agent.Waiting to hear from the agent....

Hi Auss,

I'm curious - what did you upload for job verification this time that was different from the original documentation you provided when you first applied?

Hi - well my PCC has arrived in the post this morning but no sign of OH's. Is this normal? They were sent in the same envelope and we got an acknowledgement back for both at the same time so I expected them to come back the same day.

Ours arrived on different days even though we sent them together, may come tomorrow?

I have been seeing a lot of June applicants geting CO's... Should I worry... The DIAC update indicated a completion of CO's being allocated to applications until 28th April....I am just a few days away..5th May...No news for me... My agent sayd that they must be performing some verifications/checks and although you may have been allocated a CO, the department may just not update it.... however he will be sending an enquiry coming Monday....

Your application may be batched to a team that possibly running slightly slow...some teams seem a lot quicker than others, especially team 2....if you look at pumpkin30 and jimithechew on the spreadsheet, they are both June applicants and both have CO's from team 2

Im sure your not far away from a CO....

I have been seeing a lot of June applicants geting CO's... Should I worry... The DIAC update indicated a completion of CO's being allocated to applications until 28th April....I am just a few days away..5th May...No news for me... My agent sayd that they must be performing some verifications/checks and although you may have been allocated a CO, the department may just not update it.... however he will be sending an enquiry coming Monday....

Guest waitingtogotooz

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hahahaha

Should really say something to mark this special 4000 post.

What could I say?

Hmmmmm

Ah I know.

Im moving to Australia :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: