New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest Egyptian Prince

I Know i am asking too much lol , but here is where i can ask people that walked through all i am in now :biggrin:

i already made the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) but it is in arabic language so can i scan and upload it directly or i have to translate and certify before sending.

please adviceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wacko:

Guest 3Pirrets2Oz
I Know i am asking too much lol , but here is where i can ask people that walked through all i am in now :biggrin:

i already made the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) but it is in arabic language so can i scan and upload it directly or i have to translate and certify before sending.

You'll have to have it translated to english and then certified! xxx

Guest weekrish

You would need to translate the document in English and certify and upload both the original document and the translated copy.

Translating documents into English

Documents in languages other than English that you provide with your application must also be accompanied by an accurate English translation of each of those documents.

If you are applying for a visa outside Australia and you are having documents translated outside Australia, it is recommended that you use a translator who is professionally qualified.

If you are applying for a visa in Australia and you are having documents translated in Australia, it is recommended that you use a translator who has been accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translations and Interpreters (NAATI). Further information on NAATI is available from their website.

Source:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/important-information.htm

Additionally i also see this language in the Confirmation email i received after lodging my application

TRANSLATING YOUR DOCUMENTS

Original documents in languages other than English should be accompanied by an English translation. English translations must be official certified translations from a National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters accredited translator. Translations provided by non-accredited translators outside Australia should be endorsed by the translator with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.

Guest Egyptian Prince
You would need to translate the document in English and certify and upload both the original document and the translated copy.

Translating documents into English

Documents in languages other than English that you provide with your application must also be accompanied by an accurate English translation of each of those documents.

If you are applying for a visa outside Australia and you are having documents translated outside Australia, it is recommended that you use a translator who is professionally qualified.

If you are applying for a visa in Australia and you are having documents translated in Australia, it is recommended that you use a translator who has been accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translations and Interpreters (NAATI). Further information on NAATI is available from their website.

Source:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/important-information.htm

Additionally i also see this language in the Confirmation email i received after lodging my application

TRANSLATING YOUR DOCUMENTS

Original documents in languages other than English should be accompanied by an English translation. English translations must be official certified translations from a National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters accredited translator. Translations provided by non-accredited translators outside Australia should be endorsed by the translator with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.

yea i know all that and i did it in some documents when i submitted them in the first time , but i am not sure if they also want that in the PCC or not , i wonder if anyone did that before in the PCC or not

Many Thanks for every one who replied to my question :)

Paid a visit to Australia House yesterday morning to get the labels put in our passports. It was quite interesting sat there while waiting listening to everyone else's story as they told the agent behind the glass window (you can not but hear their story due to the intercom system being soooo loud).

There was a very very naive young 20 yr old guy and his Australian girl friend on one side who had obviously been to oz on a working holiday visa and now wanted to go back and live there full time. He had no skills and didn't live with his Aussie Mrs and he wanted the women behind the counter to just give him a visa. He started saying stuff like, the Aussie government are not very compassionate etc etc, and in the end sounded like he was begging. I just wanted to shake him and say.....its not that easy mate, wake up and small the coffee. Its like a machine, if you have nothing to offer Australia or you dont meet the requirements, your not getting in. The women even gave him alternatives, like going on a student visa while they lived together or got engaged and then getting a partner visa), though explained it was expensive, but the guy just wasn't listening, he just wanted to go and work. I guess it was just naivety on his part. I sat that and thought of all of us on this forum and the hardships some have had to go through (3 years of waiting etc), the stress etc to get where we are.

You then had the guy on the other side of me, who had especially flown in from Monaco (probably on his private jet) just to register the birth of his new daughter and to get her an Aussie passport.....arrr how the other half live.

Now on operation de-clutter to get the house on the market for first week in January.

Good Luck everyone.

Thanks for this Tania, a really interesting read....

They say there are around 5544 Cat 4 applications in the system as of 18th November with DIAC allocating around 1000 a week (i know not all 1000 with be Cat 4's)....so we are looking at 6-8 weeks for them to reach July 2011? Personally thats great news for someone like me who lodged in June 2011 and was told it would take approx 18 months to get a visa...

When DIAC say 'this program year' for allocating Cat 5's , is that this calendar year or do they have a different start/end date for their 'year'?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/gsm-priority5-processing.htm

This is a link about process of cat 5, I think it is good news for them also is say how many are left in cat 4 so may be of interest to you all.

Thanks for this Tania, a really interesting read....

They say there are around 5544 Cat 4 applications in the system as of 18th November with DIAC allocating around 1000 a week (i know not all 1000 with be Cat 4's)....so we are looking at 6-8 weeks for them to reach July 2011? Personally thats great news for someone like me who lodged in June 2011 and was told it would take approx 18 months to get a visa...

When DIAC say 'this program year' for allocating Cat 5's , is that this calendar year or do they have a different start/end date for their 'year'?

The program year is from July 1 2011 to June 31 2012 if I am not mistaken

Thank you Tania, interesting link! Although I check the Immi What´s New page daily I have missed it :goofy:

The 2010-2011 Program year has ended September 2010

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/migplan11-12.pdf

I would also guess that the number of applicants has started to rise in April 2011 and was especially high in May and June 2011 due to the old points test ending.

This would also explain why the allocation rate has slowed down a bit.

Judging by the numbers of the DIACs post numbers there are 2842 offshore applicants remaining which applied until end of June 2011 under the old points test. And maybe 200 applicants who lodged their applications in Australia. So in total approx 3000 applicants until End of June 2011.

Starting with July 1st 2011, the number of applicants has decreased considerably, so they will propably be able to finally allocate Prio 5 applicants when they reach this date!

So good news for all of us (Prio4 and Prio5) :rolleyes:

Now the only thing which I need is a CO! :biglaugh:

This is great news for cat5!

If I understand correctly, they have 6000 cat4 in the backlog, which is max 2 months worth of processing? So somewhere in Feb2012 they should start processing cat5?

Apart from that they received an average of 200 cat4 new applications a week since 1 Juli 2011, let's say they get 100 a week for cat 1 and 3 (that's a complete guess, so don't ask me where I got that), which means they can do about 700 a week for cat5 after that. There is 43k of cat5 backlog, which takes about 60 weeks (14 months)?

Guest Spacetrotter

Hello Everyone,

I've got some good news. I got my PRE_GRANT today.

I got a direct PRE-GRANT - as I had uploaded all docs. I have given details below.

Visa - 175, Appl - 27/May/2011, Code 261311, PCC, Med, Form80 - preloaded, Pre-Grant - 24/11/11 at 4:30 pm.

I had been a silent follower of this forum. Thank you everyone ... and hope all of you get your pre-grants soon.

nothing new :nah: every morning I run straight away to my PC, want my CO so badly.

I hope at least other April and May applicants will be more lucky today.:wubclub:

Hello Everyone,

I got a direct PRE-GRANT - as I had uploaded all docs. I have given details below.

Visa - 175, Appl - 27/May/2011, Code 261311, PCC, Med, Form80 - preloaded, Pre-Grant - 24/11/11 at 4:30 pm.

I had been a silent follower of this forum. Thank you everyone ... and hope all of you get your pre-grants soon.

Congrats, Thats amazing a May applicant getting a grant!

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Congratulation spacetrotter,:jiggy: thank you for sharing your timeline. Could you please also let us know which CO team you have and if you done your PCC and Medical before visa was pre-granted?

Guest Spacetrotter
Congratulation spacetrotter,:jiggy: thank you for sharing your timeline. Could you please also let us know which CO team you have and if you done your PCC and Medical before visa was pre-granted?

Thanks mate. Sure .. Team 4 .. and yes i had done PCC, medicals, Form80 last month and loaded them.