New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

:arghh:

Being stuck on "Further medical results received" since 28th March I had a feeling something was not quite right. I contacted the medical centre for clarification yesterday and they said they would get back to me today. True to their word they did, I got an e-mail from the medical centre this morning stating that "There was a problem at DIAC's end regarding your EGN Number". The medical centre have now had to re-submit the results of the meds to DIAC. This situation may be unique to me or it may be a wider issue, I don't know. One thing is for sure, if I hadn't contacted the medical centre I may not have known about this situation for a long time. Looks like I'll be sweating it out in the Waiting Room for a few more weeks. Anyone in the same situation as me might want to contact their medical centre.

:arghh:

[/quote

Similar thing happened with us but it was only one of us so it was obvious that something was wrong. My OH had to chase up the clinic to ensure that his is uploaded. Going to happen today not holding my breath :mad:

I dont understand about this yearly quota thing? Can you please elucidate about it? And how this yearly quota effects Priority-4 applications?

I am in an opinion that all the P4 applications which are lodged will be processed. Am I wrong?

Unfortunately once they hit a certain number then there wil be no more grants I'm afraid. The large number of July 2011 applicants will probably have consumed a lot of the 2011-1012 quota. We will know in the coming weeks if this has already happened. DIAC's yearly quota details can be found here,

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Let's hope that DIAC have not reached these levels yet. Otherwise we can all switch off our computers until after July.

Edited by SHandGH

Unfortunately once they hit a certain number then there wil be no more grants I'm afraid. The large number of July 2011 applicants will probably have consumed a lot of the 2011-1012 quota. We will know in the coming weeks if this has already happened. DIAC's yearly quota details can be found here,

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Let's hope that DIAC have not reached these levels yet. Otherwise we can all switch off our computers until after July.

I do not know why you guys are talking about such a ****. Guys if they reached qouta of year 2011-12, without processing category 5 offshore, then what is the meaning of saying that they will process category 5 offshore during this financial. Why don't you guys think that we are waiting since last 5 years. And still do not know whether we will be processed or not. This hurts friends.

During these 5 years my applications twice come closer to being processed but still waiting. Well, accrding to this table very few Australian sponsored applicants are processed ..4100. So I hope they have still some empty slots for us...

Guest NatsB

I thought the quotas only come into effect after July 2012 on the EOI system?

To my knowledge there is no capping on skilled migration at this time, (whereas for family and other visas there is ) hence the new system.

Guest NatsB

Theses are planning levels, not capping levels. They are suspending applications post July 2012 to clear their backlog, I don't see them putting all processing on hold for 3 months when they are working so hard to do this.

Theses are planning levels, not capping levels. They are suspending applications post July 2012 to clear their backlog, I don't see them putting all processing on hold for 3 months when they are working so hard to do this.

I dont like the idea but we must accept the possibility that there is a quota and that that quota has been or soon will be met. A DIAC publication states that

"Migration quotas are thus established on an annual consultative basis, subject to being cut at times of reduced labour market demand".

There is no tranparency as usual from DIAC as regards the current level of grants againts the quota. So all we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I thought the quotas only come into effect after July 2012 on the EOI system?

To my knowledge there is no capping on skilled migration at this time, (whereas for family and other visas there is ) hence the new system.

Things have changed since the early 2000s when DIAC granted 300 thousand plus residencies to people. Planning level is the Capped level. Once the planning level is reached no visas can be issued in that financial year. Having said that we all still expect that atleast all the Group 4 applications will be processed before July 2012. But whats gonna happen to Grp 5 onshore and offshore thats the question.

As per my understanding DIAC is not going to touch any Grp 5 applications in the 2012-13 financial year untill the third quarter of the year when they will know that if they are gonna fall short of the program level targets they can then process the Grp 5 to make up for the quota. There are atleast 25-30,000 grp 5 applications in total and we all know not all of these applications are going to be processed in next year due to the fact that there are only around 40,000 migration places.

I do not know why you guys are talking about such a ****. Guys if they reached qouta of year 2011-12, without processing category 5 offshore, then what is the meaning of saying that they will process category 5 offshore during this financial. Why don't you guys think that we are waiting since last 5 years. And still do not know whether we will be processed or not. This hurts friends.

During these 5 years my applications twice come closer to being processed but still waiting. Well, accrding to this table very few Australian sponsored applicants are processed ..4100. So I hope they have still some empty slots for us...

You have to understand that there are worse people than you currently in Australia waiting for allocations. People sitting on bridging visas for last 3-4 yrs, can't get permanent jobs, paying international fees in schools for children. Atleast offshore applicant's lives are not on hold like the on-shore ones.

I really wish that this speculations. clouds, doubts end soon but accept the fact that we are into end of April now and nothing from DIAC about Grp 5 offshore processing yet atleast nothing officially. If DIAC had intention of processing Grp 5 offshore this financial they could have processed some applications simultaneously along with onshore Grp 5. I just don't see DIAC touching any offshore Grp 5 applications till they clear all onshore applications and that could mean still a long wait. There can't be a bigger hint than the fact when DIAC started processing Grp 5 onshore only in Dec 2011.

Remember folks that views expressed on PIO are meerly member's opinions and should not necessarily be considered factual. Everyone is entitled to express their view.

As always I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey through this insanity.

Edited by SHandGH

Hi everyone.

Just an update from our side. Our PCCs were finalised and collected today, and I'll upload them tomorrow.

Our medicals are booked for next Monday 23rd April, and it'll be directly uploaded from there.

Hoping our stay in the waiting room won't be too long!

PatrickW

Guest muirzoid

hi everyone,

Just a aquick update, had medicals done on 5/4/12 and the have been finalised and met on 12/4/12. There was a mx up with the Police Checks so have only uploaded them today. So here's hoping we are not in the waiting room too long xx

You have to understand that there are worse people than you currently in Australia waiting for allocations. People sitting on bridging visas for last 3-4 yrs, can't get permanent jobs, paying international fees in schools for children. Atleast offshore applicant's lives are not on hold like the on-shore ones.

I really wish that this speculations. clouds, doubts end soon but accept the fact that we are into end of April now and nothing from DIAC about Grp 5 offshore processing yet atleast nothing officially. If DIAC had intention of processing Grp 5 offshore this financial they could have processed some applications simultaneously along with onshore Grp 5. I just don't see DIAC touching any offshore Grp 5 applications till they clear all onshore applications and that could mean still a long wait. There can't be a bigger hint than the fact when DIAC started processing Grp 5 onshore only in Dec 2011.

I think time will tell. Well, if you are saying that they will not touch category 5, I want to clarify here that they have already touched category 5 onshore/. And they are processed upto December 2008. Yes I know that lots people in Australia are suffering. I think most of these guys have started processing.

Well, I do not want to say that they should not be processed. IF DIAC is planning towards a new system then older ones should be processed fairly.

Anyways they have already mentioned in their website that they will process category 5 offshore applicants during this financial year. So I am beleiving what they are writing in their official website. They can not withdraw from saying that they will process 495 and 496 during this financial year.

[h=2]Commencement of processing of Priority Group 5 applications[/h]Based on the number of applications on hand and anticipated application rates for Priority Groups 1 and 3, the department expects to commence allocating some Priority Group 5 applications this program year.

There are currently approximately 27 347 applications lodged from in Australia and 15 284 applications lodged from outside Australia Priority Group 5 cases awaiting allocation.

[h=2]How processing will occur[/h]Processing of Priority Group 5 applications lodged in Australia will begin with the remaining applications in the visa subclasses in effect prior to September 2007, the oldest of which was lodged on 28 July 2005. There are approximately 756 cases in this group.

Processing of Priority Group 5 applications lodged outside Australia will begin with applications in visa subclasses 495 and 496, which were lodged prior to 1 September 2007, the oldest of which was lodged on 10 July 2006. Unlike other GSM visa applications lodged from outside Australia, prior to 1 September 2007, these applications were not effected by the Minister's Cap and Cease arrangements. There are approximately 594 cases in this group.

The number of Priority Group 5 applications processed this program year will ultimately depend on the number of higher priority applications received, and other factors including any change in the size of the Migration Program or variation of the Processing Direction. Many Priority Group 5 applicants still face a considerable wait until their application is allocated to a case officer for processing and may want to consider other options available.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/gsm-priority5-processing.htm

Anyways good luck to everyone...

The number of Priority Group 5 applications processed this program year will ultimately depend on the number of higher priority applications received, and other factors including any change in the size of the Migration Program or variation of the Processing Direction. Many Priority Group 5 applicants still face a considerable wait until their application is allocated to a case officer for processing and may want to consider other options available.

This is important VB, if they get more applicants in the other category then we might have to wait

I think time will tell. Well, if you are saying that they will not touch category 5, I want to clarify here that they have already touched category 5 onshore/. And they are processed upto December 2008. Yes I know that lots people in Australia are suffering. I think most of these guys have started processing.

Well, I do not want to say that they should not be processed. IF DIAC is planning towards a new system then older ones should be processed fairly.

Anyways they have already mentioned in their website that they will process category 5 offshore applicants during this financial year. So I am beleiving what they are writing in their official website. They can not withdraw from saying that they will process 495 and 496 during this financial year.

Anyways good luck to everyone...

I don't see anywhere this statement "that "they will process category 5 offshore applicants during this financial year". DIAC have simply said they will process some Group 5 applications which yes they are processing. Onshore has more priority over offshore so far. DIAC has never said that Grp 5 offshore processing will occur THIS FINANCIAL YEAR.

All I want is for my brothers and sisters is to have a real hope based on what is happening at present. We all can just speculate but can't control processing.

Rahul,

I agree with you what you are saying but the point is not a single application is processed under category 5 offshore. Category 5 onshore is processed. So according to their website they might also touch some of the category 5 offshore. You are saying we have to wait more. How much more??????????5 years......!!!!!!!

Rahul,

I agree with you what you are saying but the point is not a single application is processed under category 5 offshore. Category 5 onshore is processed. So according to their website they might also touch some of the category 5 offshore. You are saying we have to wait more. How much more??????????5 years......!!!!!!!

VB, at the current rate it shld not be more than a month or two but if they change the rules or things God help us

I don't see anywhere this statement "that "they will process category 5 offshore applicants during this financial year". DIAC have simply said they will process some Group 5 applications which yes they are processing. Onshore has more priority over offshore so far. DIAC has never said that Grp 5 offshore processing will occur THIS FINANCIAL YEAR.

All I want is for my brothers and sisters is to have a real hope based on what is happening at present. We all can just speculate but can't control processing.

And where is this mentione they will process category 5 onshore first? Officially, they have not mentioned anywhere that onshore are prioritised over offshore. Onshore has nothing to do with offshore. They have different offices.One at Brisbane and other at Adeleide.Different staff.

And where is this mentione they will process category 5 onshore first? Officially, they have not mentioned anywhere that onshore are prioritised over offshore. Onshore has nothing to do with offshore. They have different offices.One at Brisbane and other at Adeleide.Different staff.

VB - I guess its quite obvious to everyone that after processing around 15-18 months worth of on-shore Grp 5 applications its clear that DIAC is keen to finish Grp 5 Onshore and then start with Offshore. Even with Grp 4 offshore thats what they did. If DIAC had to allocate Grp 5 offshore they would have done it by now. I don't see rest of 15,000 Grp 5 on shore allocated by May-June nor I see any other change of direction in processing in next month or so so this is just my pure opinion that I don't see any offshore Grp 5 being processed this financial year. We have the stats right in front of us to confirm that.

Yes that is why I am saying that category 5 onshore is not prioritised over category offshore.. This is just the number of applicants that are more in category 4 offshore. Yes , we are looking at these 2 months.. Fingers crossed for processing of category 5 offshore.

VB as it is you and i both need to get passports done and it should take a month.

Hi, I'm very confused by all this talk of caps on number of visa's to be granted. I asked the question below a while back, but it was ignored. Does anyone know the answer? or could shed a bit of light on this, based on actual knowledge, and not just opinion?

Are all category 4 applications granted before allocations begin on category 5? Or, do they start processing category 5 after all 2011 category 4's have been allocated?? ie, do 2011 category 5 applicants take precedence over 2012 category 4 applicants??

Hoping someone will take the time to reply this time!

Thanks

Stacey

I can bet on it that yearly quota of Skilled Migration is right nearing the end so forget fast processing till July 2012.

I do think that there is a quota - (it makes sense that they can't allow everyone who has the money in). The question is whether this quota is nearing its end or not. I would tend to agree with Ricky, but the problem is that if this is so, then why does DIAC still have the application system up and running, still accepting new applications?