School Fees on 457 Visa

Guest GoodersGang

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what are the fees for NSW are there different fees for different schools?

thanks

No, NSW is one state system and the fees are the same in gov schools for 457 dependents. However all gov schools are entitled to charge a voluntary contribution which may be around the $100 a term mark plus charges for other things like books, stationery, excursions, camps, visiting performances etc

We are going to Melbourne on a 457 (fingers crossed) and I have contacted schools in the areas we like and there are no fees to pay, other than the cost of books/trips etc, which everyone has to pay. Obviously if we were to pick a private school this would be different, however the state schools we have looked at seem great:biggrin:

This changes depending on the state you are going to and my advice would be to contact individual schools, that's what I did and they were very helpful.

• 2 months later...
Guest dubsydney
on a 457 visa you have to pay school fees in NSW i dont know exactly about other states, but yes def on a 457 in NSW it is $4500 per child per yr

kind regards

michell

Hi,

Sorry for disturbing...just want to clarify, so it means

that you have to pay the 4.5k as part of your 457 visa

requirements?

My application was lodged 8/8/11(moving to Sydney hopefully and have 15yo.son)

and it says further information required:huh::huh::huh:

Can you please explain it to me....OMG....thats to far

too much!!!!!THANKS,.......

As per the other thread.....no, you don't have to pay to get the visa in the first place. It's not a condition to be granted the visa

However, you will have to pay in order to enrol your son in school in NSW. Which you will have to do. In NSW all holders of temporary visas have to pay this if they want to use the state's educational facilities, holders of permanent residency visas don't

Guest dubsydney
As per the other thread.....no, you don't have to pay to get the visa in the first place. It's not a condition to be granted the visa

However, you will have to pay in order to enrol your son in school in NSW. Which you will have to do. In NSW all holders of temporary visas have to pay this if they want to use the state's educational facilities, holders of permanent residency visas don't

Thanks for you wonderful input....appreciated it much!!:biggrin::biggrin:

So am I required to pay the whole amount 4.5k before coming to Sydney?

Sorry just want to be sure about this....:confused::confused:Thanks pintpot

It's all here:

http://www.detinternational.nsw.edu.au/schools/apply_arrive/how_to_apply/temporary_residents/temporary_residents.htm

Fees payable as shown here:

http://www.detinternational.nsw.edu.au/schools/downloads/trp_feespayment.pdf

You will have to pay $4500 upfront (a year's fees in advance) before you are able to enrol your son. And bear in mind that'll go up to $5500 for senior high (sixth form), which won't be far away

The other thing to bear in mind is that *generally*, enrolment to a school is strictly by catchment area - so you can't enrol without an address either. So it's not something you have to pay or do now

But when you arrive in Sydney, you will need to find somewhere to live, and to pay the fees, to be able to enrol your son in school

Guest dubsydney
The other thing to bear in mind is that *generally*, enrolment to a school is strictly by catchment area - so you can't enrol without an address either. So it's not something you have to pay or do now

But when you arrive in Sydney, you will need to find somewhere to live, and to pay the fees, to be able to enrol your son in school

Once again...thanks for the information!!!!!:wink::wink:

I am now contemplating deeply with this big move:dull::dull::wink::wink::wink:

Guest Nk1794

Hi gill. your information has been helpful for the rest of us too, the only thing that i still need to know is which states in specific treat us, temporary residents, the same way as PR holders and citizens? victoria, tasmania etc? thanks so much in adv.

Guest dubsydney
goodersgang' date='

we are on a 457 in NSW since jan this year, we ARE paying full NSW fees, I can't vouch that its identical in QLD but pm me if you want details of costs etc and how we negotiated payment in installments.

McT's[/quote']

Hi McT's,

I knew this is a bit late....Im on 457 visa and I have a 15 y.o son...just found out

the school fee....and at first I was really schocked!!!!I am interested if we could

request an arrangement /or as you have said negotiated payment in installments??

Your reply will be much appreciated ...please please:biggrin::biggrin:

We will be heading this coming October.,,,,,,THANKS

Hi McT's,

I knew this is a bit late....Im on 457 visa and I have a 15 y.o son...just found out

the school fee....and at first I was really schocked!!!!I am interested if we could

request an arrangement /or as you have said negotiated payment in installments??

Your reply will be much appreciated ...please please:biggrin::biggrin:

We will be heading this coming October.,,,,,,THANKS

http://www.detinternational.nsw.edu.au/schools/downloads/trp_feespayment.pdf will help. AFAIK it is a year's fees up front for NSW. In ACT I think they bill you by the term

Guest dubsydney
http://www.detinternational.nsw.edu.au/schools/downloads/trp_feespayment.pdf will help. AFAIK it is a year's fees up front for NSW. In ACT I think they bill you by the term

Hi Quoll,

Thanks fo the info!Much appreciated...To all parents who are

in the same situation as I am...you can check Catholic Education

Office Sydney...you will know the school fees and school requirements.

It is much affordable.:cute::cute::cute:

• 6 months later...
Guest Relocate Northern Beaches

My Understanding is that it is only in NSW and ACt that 457 visa holders pay for Public Schooling.

Here in NSW the fee is $4500 plus $110 admin fee per primary school student

High school fees for yrs 9 10 11 12 a little higher

Therefore no fees in QLD

You may have to pay contribution fees per term but everyone has to do that

Guest Guest31881

This thread dates back to 2007, can I suggest that if anyone wants some information they start a new thread to get up to date information.

I have now closed this very old thread.

Archived