New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother (who lives in Melbourne) called DIBP recently and asked them about when do they plan to start 176FS. The lady on the phone said that they are not sure as of now as the Immigration Minister will make the decision. She refused to give out any other info as expected.

Later I spoke to my migration agent who is based in Sydney and he said we should expect 176 Category to start within this year. Most likely by end of the year we will get a case officer assigned. I have submitted forms to him for adding my recently born Son in the existing application. I need to wait more but I really really hate waiting. The IMMI guys are really testing our patience. I wish they could see this forum and understand our pain because we are not just "cases", we are real people, God dammit.

1. I will assume you are an offshore applicant?

2. Does the Immigration Minister actually have an active decision to make? I was under the impression that 176 FS Offshore applications were just lying somewhere collecting dust and it was not even an issue to the Immigration Minister.

3. When the agent says that you should expect 176 to start within the year, was he/she specifically referring to 176 FS offshore because there is a big difference between onshore vs offshore and then of course 176 can also refer to State Sponsored which are of course ahead in priority. All Priority 5 applications are not the same. My impression was that FS Offshore may not get processed for another five years.

... and then of course 176 can also refer to State Sponsored which are of course ahead in priority. All Priority 5 applications are not the same. My impression was that FS Offshore may not get processed for another five years.

176 state sponsorship was never in cat5 group (I can't say "priority", as for me it is a contradiction in terms; in my mind there is no such thing as "priority" while being at the end of the list. Anyway...).

176 State sponsorship was most of the time as second priority, after the employer visa type.

So, when they will resume cat5 - 176 it should be linked strictly to onshore/offshore family sponsored (cat5).

In the monthly allocation table you see it is still open the one for state sponsorship saying they will allocate it within 8 weeks after approved nomination.

[TABLE=class: table-100, width: 640]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Priority Group 3[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Priority Group 4[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Priority Group 5[/TH]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]176 Skilled – Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]18 January 2008*[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]190 Skilled - Nominated[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Within 7 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

My guess is that they will wait to see how many approved nomination will arrive until the last 7-8 weeks of the financial year. If there will be enough quota (out of those 28850 skilled sponsored) then they will resume processing family sponsor type to reach their target.

This is only my opinion and my logical thinking. However, based on this long experience I don't expect DIBP are logical in their thinking and decisions anymore.

1. I will assume you are an offshore applicant?

2. Does the Immigration Minister actually have an active decision to make? I was under the impression that 176 FS Offshore applications were just lying somewhere collecting dust and it was not even an issue to the Immigration Minister.

3. When the agent says that you should expect 176 to start within the year, was he/she specifically referring to 176 FS offshore because there is a big difference between onshore vs offshore and then of course 176 can also refer to State Sponsored which are of course ahead in priority. All Priority 5 applications are not the same. My impression was that FS Offshore may not get processed for another five years.

As dyanne pointed out, 176 state sponsored are not in cat5. Also, all 176 are offshore. Some may have come to Aus after applying on some other visa (like I am on student visa and in Aus although offshore), but all 176 are offshore. 886 FS is its onshore equivalent. It was like 885 and 886 onshore independent and sponsored respectively, and 175 and 176 its offshore versions. The difference then when we applied was that 885 and 886 (onshore) apps would be done from Aus and the applicants would get bridging visa. Offshore 175 and 176 would have to either apply from outside, or if the applicant is applying from Aus then no bridging visa so would have to go back once their visa (whatever they were on) would expire.

Anyway, in about a weeks time the allocation table update is due. Remember those times when they did nothing with the allocation tables for months and months? That was when they were totally ignoring us cat 5 applicants and could not show their face. Finally when they started processing 885s, they started updating the table, and from fortnightly they made it monthly.

Now I am thinking, if they are starting on FS 176/886, they'll have something to update (fingers crossed!), otherwise they have already put on the table that 885 and 175 "all allocated", so what will they update? Will they just change the date of update may be? Or they might again start ignoring us like before. Hope our turn comes.

176 state sponsorship was never in cat5 group (I can't say "priority", as for me it is a contradiction in terms; in my mind there is no such thing as "priority" while being at the end of the list. Anyway...).

176 State sponsorship was most of the time as second priority, after the employer visa type.

So, when they will resume cat5 - 176 it should be linked strictly to onshore/offshore family sponsored (cat5).

In the monthly allocation table you see it is still open the one for state sponsorship saying they will allocate it within 8 weeks after approved nomination.

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Priority Group 3[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Priority Group 4[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Priority Group 5[/TH]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]176 Skilled – Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Within 8 weeks of an approved nomination[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]18 January 2008*[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]190 Skilled - Nominated[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F8F8F8]Within 7 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

My guess is that they will wait to see how many approved nomination will arrive until the last 7-8 weeks of the financial year. If there will be enough quota (out of those 28850 skilled sponsored) then they will resume processing family sponsor type to reach their target.

This is only my opinion and my logical thinking. However, based on this long experience I don't expect DIBP are logical in their thinking and decisions anymore.

dyanne, I do not know the exact numbers on FS onshore but I think there are at least 10,000 and those will be ahead of fs offshore. Even if at the end of this fiscal year (which is the only time we have a chance to see movement) they have room in the quota, it will take at least until the summer of 2015 for them to clear out fs onshore and that is being optimistic. So, basically, fs offshore might see the light of day until the end of the 2015-2016 fiscal year which puts us into the summer of 2016 when we might see movement on FS offshore and then who knows how many more fiscal years before they clear the offshore out...maybe five That is easily another 7 years at the rate they seem to be going before they clear up the old fs category!

That is why I am hoping the Immigration Minister will one day just order that the old backlog be processed and cleared out of the way.

dyanne, I do not know the exact numbers on FS onshore but I think there are at least 10,000 and those will be ahead of fs offshore. Even if at the end of this fiscal year (which is the only time we have a chance to see movement) they have room in the quota, it will take at least until the summer of 2015 for them to clear out fs onshore and that is being optimistic. So, basically, fs offshore might see the light of day until the end of the 2015-2016 fiscal year which puts us into the summer of 2016 when we might see movement on FS offshore and then who knows how many more fiscal years before they clear the offshore out...maybe five That is easily another 7 years at the rate they seem to be going before they clear up the old fs category!

That is why I am hoping the Immigration Minister will one day just order that the old backlog be processed and cleared out of the way.

In the information email I've received from them on 10th July 2012, they were saying:

"As at 1 July 2012, there were approximately 15,500 family sponsored skilled migration cases representing approximately 31,010 applicants in Priority Group 5 awaiting allocation."

I believe that in the past 2 years there were people who switched to 175 or who received state sponsorship. Besides this, according to their table, they processed 176 FS up to 18 Jan 2008. I have no idea how many cases they solved out of those 15500, but if there are still 10000 as you think, I am pretty sure they are mix of onshore/offshore.

As you see, I can't let you think we will be processed in our retirement ages. :)

By the way, here on the forum was somebody from August 2007 and when the table was updated said that he had not been contacted by CO yet. I wonder if meanwhile he received any news.

28 Days for response, will they re-check to the information provided only after 28 working days / calender days?

Anybody has any idea....please

No worries! They won't wait for the 28-day period to expire before checking the last documents you sent. You've got same team as me and I received the grant letter 2 weeks after having sent PCC and Medicals. So if everything is ok with your documents you're very close to the final mail.

Good luck for your grant!

In the information email I've received from them on 10th July 2012, they were saying:

"As at 1 July 2012, there were approximately 15,500 family sponsored skilled migration cases representing approximately 31,010 applicants in Priority Group 5 awaiting allocation."

I believe that in the past 2 years there were people who switched to 175 or who received state sponsorship. Besides this, according to their table, they processed 176 FS up to 18 Jan 2008. I have no idea how many cases they solved out of those 15500, but if there are still 10000 as you think, I am pretty sure they are mix of onshore/offshore.

As you see, I can't let you think we will be processed in our retirement ages. :)

By the way, here on the forum was somebody from August 2007 and when the table was updated said that he had not been contacted by CO yet. I wonder if meanwhile he received any news.

I am fs 487 - onshore from may 2010 and on bridging visa since then. Lets be positive and wait for something good to happen this financial yr.

What is your opinion GAGAN??????

No one is going to get processed. No FS of any category is going to get processed in the near future. They will keep changing the rules to see to it that it never happens.

rahulpatel1969, what date of August 2007 did you applied? 30-31 of August?

I am fs 487 - onshore from may 2010 and on bridging visa since then. Lets be positive and wait for something good to happen this financial yr.

What is your opinion GAGAN??????

Lets put an end to all mysteries and without making any assumptions, as I contacted my reliable source FS gonna start from new financial year however they can start in the month of June also but less probability.

Most of the applications are going to get cleared by December this year with the remaining by end of June 2015. So in all probability in the next 1 year everyone is going to get cleared.

Thanks.

I doubt this.

Lets put an end to all mysteries and without making any assumptions, as I contacted my reliable source FS gonna start from new financial year however they can start in the month of June also but less probability.

Most of the applications are going to get cleared by December this year with the remaining by end of June 2015. So in all probability in the next 1 year everyone is going to get cleared.

Thanks.

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]25 April[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]ANZAC Day[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]All[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]All offices in Australia closed[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Dear All offices are closed for today so see you on Monday.......

Take care have a nice week end.

Hi Gagan,

Hi, I always believe what you say as you are collecting the information through a reliable source. But I doubt the information you received this time. According to my knowledge DIBP do not have any category 5 applications to process from next month as they have finished all the other cat 5 applications except family sponsor applications. So, I have a strong feeling that they will start processing 176 and 886 in this financial year. If they do not want cat5 applicants why they processed 885 and especially 175 in a very short period of time?

Also ,my brother who is in Australia, read a newspaper article , that discussed about the plan of the present government to bring in more skill migrants to the country. The present Prime Minister highly appreciated the contribution of the skill migrants to develop Australia.

So, I personally believe they will do something in this financial year.

Thanks.

Guys, after 4 yrs and 10 months, I've finally received the grant letter yesterday.

Here's my time line : Applied 176FS - 4 June 2009, Moved to 175 after new IELTS score - 3 Feb 2014, CO allocated - 25 Feb 2014, PCC and Med submitted - 31 Mar 2014, Grant Letter - 24 Apr 2014.

I wish everyone here will receive their grant letters as soon as possible so we can close this thread and move on to another :) Best of luck guys !!

Hi,

I got a question, I applied for 176 visa in March 2009, My brother is my sponsor. I achieved 115 marks at that time. As I got sufficient marks for 176 application I did not bother to assess and gain marks for my wife's profession. If I can assess my wife's profession and gain the 5 marks I will be able to transfer my 176 application to 175.

These are my questions.

-Her occupation 'corporate service manager' is not the present skill list. But it is in the old MODL list. At the time I applied for my visa MODL is the effective list.

So, Can I able to assess her occupation now? .

My wife has stopped working from june 2009. But still she can collect all the required documents from her company.

Hi all just looking info, i put up my own thread but have got no replys was just looking to know when are visa's released by Australia, is it 1st of July to the 31st of June each year? Also is their any where I can find out the number of visas allocated to each category? For example the carers visa got 585 last year because it was caped, can i find out if this will be capped again this year? is this info released with the budget on may 13th?

Congratulations Marconi,

A question: when getting police certificate, how do we submit it? should we post original copy? or can we scan and email? or can we upload it online? if so, how? sorry if my questions look basic.

Hi all,

So after a 5 and a half year roller coaster ride I received the so long awaited news, VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

I received my South African Police Clearance on the 16th of April 2014. I submitted it and next day had the approval message in my inbox. The wife and I are over the moon, thank goodness that part of the process is finally over. Now for the next chapter, the move itself.

Good luck to all those still waiting, holding thumbs for everybody.

Oh and see you all on the other side ;)

Hi all,

I applied 176FS in Nov 2008 with sponsorship of my brother which provided me 20 pts. Now, I am keen in changing my application from 176 to 175 for obvious reasons.

Increasing my IELTS score will not be sufficient because back then it was worth only 10 pts.

However, I wanted to ask if anybody has an idea of possibility to claim points for an Australian degree (15) and regional Australia study (5) which I acquired after my application for 176. If I can get my studies accepted for points, it will fulfill the pass mark for 175.

Thanks a lot

Hi all,

I applied 176FS in Nov 2008 with sponsorship of my brother which provided me 20 pts. Now, I am keen in changing my application from 176 to 175 for obvious reasons.

Increasing my IELTS score will not be sufficient because back then it was worth only 10 pts.

However, I wanted to ask if anybody has an idea of possibility to claim points for an Australian degree (15) and regional Australia study (5) which I acquired after my application for 176. If I can get my studies accepted for points, it will fulfill the pass mark for 175.

Thanks a lot

Back then IELTS score was not worth 10 points. They gave 15 points if you scored 6 each and 25 points if you scored 7 each.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot

you may visit this site where you can get the old points table....check it out http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Old_Skilled_Points_Test/60

Archived