New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

what is that 900 hours?

Is it my hours of total employment experience or the employer's time of existence in business?

So, the first three can make my review outcome positive?

Any thing else can I furnish?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is that 900 hours?

Is it my hours of total employment experience or the employer's time of existence in business?

So, the first three can make my review outcome positive?

Any thing else can I furnish?

To asses your certificate you normally need 900 hours experiance.But your emlpoyer needs to write it down.900 hours can be with in 1 year or 3 yeras time ,doesnt really matter. I will suggest you to go with first three options and experiance letter.At the end its your deciesion.cheers

Guest harsh

hey guys I applied for 885 on 2 feb 09 and and got CO on 10 apr 2012 submitted my Docs by 10 may 12 and still waiting for my PR.

hey guys I applied for 885 on 2 feb 09 and and got CO on 10 apr 2012 submitted my Docs by 10 may 12 and still waiting for my PR.

Send your CO an email.sometimes you have to remind them about your application.If your external checks are finished then your CO will make the decision straightaway hopefully.

Not long now till 1st July! Wonder what surprises are in store for 475 Family sponsored off-shores?! I honestly think that they should convert the 'temporary' 475 visas to 'permanent residency' ones, as nearly 4 years of waiting is a very, very long time. Things change and people get older. House prices have since risen astronomically and the exchange rate has deteriorated considerably. At least if you have PR, you have 5 years to move after visa validation. With 475 you need to up-sticks pretty much when you get it, as the visa is only valid for 3 years, and out of that you have to live 2 years in your designated Oz area and work at least 1 year full-time. So no chance of waiting for a better exchange rate or house prices coming down a bit. DIAC have really and truly made a mess of my life. When I applied in Dec 2008 I could have moved some 6-12 months later, as was originally advised by them. I would have been able to live near my sister in a nice house then and would have commenced employment. As it is now, I will end up in a tent in my sister's back garden and being 46 might not be so appealing to prospective employers. Everything has gone against me here and I am very angry at DIAC and the Australian Government! Giving everyone a 'fair go' has just become a by-word for 'taking the p....'. I am venting my anger, as they are playing with people's lives here. At the very least they should give 475 visas's the option of applying for PR, without having to pay for it, now, whilst still waiting in this endless queue.

dear bluecollectables, i too really empathize with u. being a fellow cat 5er FS applicant (Nov. 08) i understand the hurdles that this delay has caused. at the time of applying FS was a safe and preferred way to apply as lots of friends too had taken that route. but all that changed in some months. when my sis in law applied as an independent onhore applicant in 2009 despite having a family sponsor i had felt it was wrong, but now she has got a CO.as u have mentioned, first they pushed us down from cat 4 to cat 5 and then even more down saying we r offshore. when i applied i was 34 yrs old and i felt it was the right time to cross over.now at 38 i am confused. one positive thing is that atleast they have to take a decision on us as we are at the lowest end of the pile. they cant push us down more than this! if nothing happens in the next 3/4 months we can as well say good bye to our aussie dreams and move on.thats my thinking and i fervently hope i am proved wrong. catch u soon.

Hi! King Khan

any idea whether they will commence category 5 (family sponsored)- offshore applications next week

Yes,I reckon they will.It might not be straightaway but they will dedinitly start it in next financial year.Immigration increased their quota for coming financial year so we might see much quicker allocation of CO.

Hi just got my PR granted... I think the longest wait with a case officer.

5months!!!!i beleive I got it ony cos we kept calling the case officer and told him we

Needed to go back home ASAP!!! Otherwise I doubt if we would have it now!!!! That's team 31 for you!!!

Anyway the wait is over!!!!

CONGRATS STUCK!! THAT'S GREAT NEWS. How many times did you roughly call your CO?

spent 45 mins(entire lunch time) on hold coudnt got through IMMI line

Are u based in Sydney? If you work close to Immigration office in Lee Street, they have phones available for the general public to use. You can speak to someone who can answer any immigration inquiry. Based on my experience, I was put on hold for 10 minutes before I spoke to an immigration personnel. Hope this helps :D

Guest dha007

is anyone guess when i will get my AFP. I already apply for AFP on 25/6/2012. still waiting.

today, i called immigration, and they said they get all documents except AFP. so i am thinking when they get my afp they will finalise my application.

Thank you Vandm for your encouraging words. Nice to know I'm not completely on my own here and that there are still some of us 'old-ones' around. Had the feeling that all others had already had CO's etc. Anyway, need to keep positive .... :cool:

Let's keep the faith. I'm another jurassic FS 176 applicant (April 2008). I wonder what's in store for all of us who have patiently waited all these years. SIGH.... THINK POSITIVE! :)

Guest dha007

date mistake on my previous forum

is anyone guess when i will get my AFP. I already apply for AFP on 25/5/2012. still waiting.

today, i called immigration, and they said they get all documents except AFP. so i am thinking when they get my afp they will finalise my application.

Guest Ausin

Hi all

I applied for 885 in May 2009 left australia on BVC in March 2012 then got CO allocated on 08/05/12. Currently i am offshore and have been asked to submit all documents. I have submitted them all by 14/06/12 within their given timeline. Just saw a status update online about my medicals received by them on 20/06/12. Now, Just waiting..waiting & waiting.... hope the miracle happens soon..

Let me know if any1 else with same situation...Thanks

Let's keep the faith. I'm another jurassic FS 176 applicant (April 2008). I wonder what's in store for all of us who have patiently waited all these years. SIGH.... THINK POSITIVE! :)

Originally Posted by Bluecatcollectables

Thank you Vandm for your encouraging words. Nice to know I'm not completely on my own here and that there are still some of us 'old-ones' around. Had the feeling that all others had already had CO's etc. Anyway, need to keep positive ....

I am also one of the FS gang, I have a request and suggestion, can someone make an excel spreadsheet just for FS Cat 5s, like the one there is of Cat 5, so that we can keep track of the progress once they get around to processing us. Can anyone help?

Are u based in Sydney? If you work close to Immigration office in Lee Street, they have phones available for the general public to use. You can speak to someone who can answer any immigration inquiry. Based on my experience, I was put on hold for 10 minutes before I spoke to an immigration personnel. Hope this helps :D

i m based in Melbourne but thanks anyway...

Archived