New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys just have a query i applied online 885 on 15/7/09 ,i understand they have processed the online applications until 8/6/12 ,should i get my medicals and checks done ,and if somebody could tell me what test are required and do they send it to the department directly or to us any help would be much appreciated.

Hi guys just have a query i applied online 885 on 15/7/09 ,i understand they have processed the online applications until 8/6/12 ,should i get my medicals and checks done ,and if somebody could tell me what test are required and do they send it to the department directly or to us any help would be much appreciated.

Get your AFP, medical and overseas police clearance now.

AFP clearance took me 3 weeks to process. Overseas clearance might take some time as well.

book your medicals with medibank health solutions. COs have access to view your results. Uploaded my receipt the next day and got the all clear from CO a day after uploading.

Good luck :D

Hi Ricky , where did you get this information from, it's not documented anywhere, you are the first one to break this news, did you hear it from a credible source? I m an 886 applicant 28 jan 2009 and still haven't heard anything. I wish your news are true. Thanks anyway

Hi Sam,

Information is not concrete at all..just some rumors going on i guess..Anyways within 2 weeks from now we should expect to see some FS applications being allocated.

God knows whats in store after 1st July 2012. They usually announce new priority processing arrangements in first week of July. Just sit tight for 3 more weeks.

This is bullshit, they are saying all 475 cat 5 applications allocated, but ours is not yet allocated. I am 30th June, 2009 applicant. How can DIAC lie like that. This is totally mad thing......

You might have already got CO ,sometimes it does not show on your online progress of application.Your CO might not have updated it there and might be doing external security checks first.

hi guys just got case officer from team 31 ....i am sept 23 2009 applicant...asked for afp health check and900 hours experience

Do you have 885 subclass????did you lodge your application on the basis of experience or 7 each???? cheers

This is bullshit, they are saying all 475 cat 5 applications allocated, but ours is not yet allocated. I am 30th June, 2009 applicant. How can DIAC lie like that. This is totally mad thing......

Are you SS or FS?

The update states that all SS have been allocated and FS yet to commence.

Are you SS or FS?

The update states that all SS have been allocated and FS yet to commence.

I am SA State Sponsered, that's why I am frustrated bcu'z DIAC is cheating with us from 3 years. If they don't want cat 5 immigrants, atleast don't play games with them!

Guest Stuck
Anyone got co from team 31?? Seems the slowest team.

Hi I'm with team 31. Uploaded all my documents end of February. No grant yet!!!! Laziest team!!! Call ur case officer to see what's happening. Mine says he is too busy to check emails!!!

Hi I'm with team 31. Uploaded all my documents end of February. No grant yet!!!! Laziest team!!! Call ur case officer to see what's happening. Mine says he is too busy to check emails!!!
Mine is Team 33 and currently operating at snail's pace. They're unbelievable .. what a joke!

Guest Stuck
Mine is Team 33 and currently operating at snail's pace. They're unbelievable .. what a joke!

Isn't there some higher authority that these case officers are answerable to?some one needs to see if they are really working.

Hii i think they hv stopped processing 886 family sponsored.......

from last so many weeks there is no update regarding 886 fs...

can any body hving any idea hw long i hv to wait more??i hv applies as cook as fs in 2009??

Hii i think they hv stopped processing 886 family sponsored.......

from last so many weeks there is no update regarding 886 fs...

can any body hving any idea hw long i hv to wait more??i hv applies as cook as fs in 2009??

Sit tight till end of June. Will know more when new priority processing arrangement will be announced on 1st July 2012.

Isn't there some higher authority that these case officers are answerable to?some one needs to see if they are really working.

there is a complaints department within DIAC but complaining to them would be of no use as the CO will use the very convenient 'waiting for external checks' excuse. also, who know, it could jeopardise the application as well. Atleast, i dont trust them.

But you would expect a much better service after paying $2000 in application fees.

I was told by my agent that the updates about 885 online being processed until 8 of June are not exactly true and they are picking up randomly ....is that true beacuse I have lodged it on 15/7/09 and was wondering wether i shud go ahead with AFP and overseas clearance ...

Guest Suit007
I was told by my agent that the updates about 885 online being processed until 8 of June are not exactly true and they are picking up randomly ....is that true beacuse I have lodged it on 15/7/09 and was wondering wether i shud go ahead with AFP and overseas clearance ...

Go ahead mate! AFP is valid for one year, surely you will get a CO well before that :biggrin:

P.s. I applied on 31 July 2009 and got a CO last week (31 May).

Very good link for those who has not seen it - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlVPV4tHc1IdFoxQ2h0Y2dXUmVmbS0wRHRQRzRRaFE#gid=2

Archived