457 Visa Rejection

Guest Jamie Smith

Gday all

I've had to assist several companies that failed to become approved as sponsors, usually faults found with financial models, training systems, viability of employment. In most cases these can be fixed with a professional business plan and training plan, with clear research and facts - and sometimes selective emphasis on key information.

Guest guest55360

Yes, I applied last year for my 457 through work (where I have been employed for over a year). In January Immigration contacted my agent to say that my application would be rejected and I would just have to wait for a few days for my official rejection. 4 weeks later (after weeks of stressing and upset) I get a call from them to say they had changed their minds as they had made a mistake!!

Crazy or what?!

Yeah I know about 3 or 4 that were rejected, well it was the employer's that was rejected for reasons that Jamie already mentioned.

Not all employers are eligible to be sponsors, a good migration agent is useful for sorting out these issues before putting pen to paper.

Yes, it is becoming more common due to the constant changes and people not being aware of these changes.

Most common reasons for refusal which I have seen are:

· Sponsor does not meet the Australian staff training benchmark;

· Nominated position does not meet Market rate requirements;

· Nominated salary does not meet TSMIT requirements;

· Duties of the nominated position are not consistent with any ANZSCO occupation on the 457 list;

· Visa applicant does not have the necessary qualifications or experience as specified by ANZSCO;

• 3 months later...
Yes, it is becoming more common due to the constant changes and people not being aware of these changes.

Most common reasons for refusal which I have seen are:

· Sponsor does not meet the Australian staff training benchmark;

· Nominated position does not meet Market rate requirements;

· Nominated salary does not meet TSMIT requirements;

· Duties of the nominated position are not consistent with any ANZSCO occupation on the 457 list;

· Visa applicant does not have the necessary qualifications or experience as specified by ANZSCO;

Hi everyone,

I'm just about to lodge an application with a company that has sponsored people before. The problem is I have a Bsc degree in an irrelevant field (psy), but am currently studying a masters via distance learning in an related field (construction).

I have extremely relevant experience doing this job (until 2008) but I'm not sure how I can prove it?

what are my chance of this going through, does anyone have experience with contrasting jobs and qualifications.

Appreciate any help on offer, totally stressed at the moment :)

• 6 months later...

Slightly worried about my application now. The Australian staff training benchmark might be an issue.

Company is willing to sponsor on 457 visa. I have Cert III AQF and relevant licensing plus 14 years experience. The company has completed 2 Australian traineeships over the past 5 years, however no training in the past 12 months !!!! Is this really going to end it for our application ? the wage is above award rate...

any info would be greatly appreciated !!!

Archived