St john ambulance applicants

Guest Joey0483

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Para911

Cool i am supposed to be starting in April and by the way excuse my ignorance but what is E&D. I am wondering if they change these Interview Questions is it the same for everyone,,,,, maybe we should PM.....I can PM you when i have the final word. It will be great to meet you always good to hang out with other Paras most people don't understand our job let alone our sense of humor. Thanks again

Cool i am supposed to be starting in April and by the way excuse my ignorance but what is E&D. I am wondering if they change these Interview Questions is it the same for everyone,,,,, maybe we should PM.....I can PM you when i have the final word. It will be great to meet you always good to hang out with other Paras most people don't understand our job let alone our sense of humor. Thanks again

Equality and Diversity:yes:

Guest Para911

Ahhh :err:of course :embarrassed:and Thanks again i more than appreciate it. I can send you my email later after the interviews. We will have to go have a pint or two jejejeje

Thats my favorite quote by the way.:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Guest Para911

Hi. I got the Paramedic Position with QAS and will start in April. I thought the process was very stress free. I had the written and 4 scenarios and evaluated very fairly, and was made to feel competent,though i was given no feedback at the time thats the norm,i was treated very fair, more than i can say for my Sydney interviews. I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket, but turns out i could've as in Sydney it was a great interview, but the UNOFFICIAL RPL Interview was very much all about making you feel incompetent,didn't matter how much i brang to the table it was not good enough. I felt the objective was far from recognition but quite the contrary. Thanks for your help and good luck with you're start date and your trip to Oz. If you like PM you're email and if i can help in anyway i will. Cheers :laugh::biggrin:

Guest Tanya35

Congratulations on the job!! I'm through to the next stage of the WA process, passed the interview and heard the next day which was quicker than I thought! Just got to get through the medical and fitness which is in mid-April...heard conflicting things...someone just had a general medical and someone else I know had the whole fitness and medical assessments...just have to wait and see what happens on the day I guess...not sure how long afterwards I'll hear if I've been offered a job or not...fingers crossed!!! x

Guest Para911

Congrats it is a great feeling isn't it good luck with the medical I hope all goes well cheers and enjoy your new adventure

Guest cider medic

Tanya35 I noticed you said you had just had phone interview and was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the questions asked?

especially nervous about this element, never much liked chatting over the phone (it's a bloke thing...)

Informed this week that my application had gone forward to the interview, only submitted it last week so was suprised as hell considering some of the previous threads, how long did it take from asking for dates to having interview?

Any help much appreciated.

Guest Tanya35

Hi Cider medic,

[TABLE=class: tborder, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1]The phone interview was nerve racking to say the least! I don't think I took a breathe for an hour, but I had all my notes laid out on the floor and a large cuppa tea!! There were 6 clincal based questions/scenarios (just read through everything - medical, trauma, cardio, respiratory) then I had a 5 minute break before HR called, asking about working in teams, stressful situations, why Perth etc??? To be honest I thought I'd mucked up the last question but they do allow for nerves - they were both very friendly! Try and get them to call you on a land line if poss, someone I know did it on his mobile and the reception was quite bad/kept cutting out...Good luck!!

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt2]user_online.gifreputation.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest cider medic

Hi Cider medic,[TABLE=class: tborder, align: center][TR][TD=class: alt1]The phone interview was nerve racking to say the least! I don't think I took a breathe for an hour, but I had all my notes laid out on the floor and a large cuppa tea!! There were 6 clincal based questions/scenarios (just read through everything - medical, trauma, cardio, respiratory) then I had a 5 minute break before HR called, asking about working in teams, stressful situations, why Perth etc??? To be honest I thought I'd mucked up the last question but they do allow for nerves - they were both very friendly! Try and get them to call you on a land line if poss, someone I know did it on his mobile and the reception was quite bad/kept cutting out...Good luck!![/TD][/TR][TR][TD=class: alt2]user_online.gifreputation.gif[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]
Thanks Tanya35, could you also tell me how long you had to wait for the phone interview to take place? Just so I've got a rough idea how long to get my nose in the books.....BTW have you heard how you got on??

Thanks Tanya35, could you also tell me how long you had to wait for the phone interview to take place? Just so I've got a rough idea how long to get my nose in the books.....BTW have you heard how you got on??

Thought i'd just answer your first question as Hubby applied. It took him 6 months from time of application to interview. But a friend who applied in Apr last year didn't have his interview until Dec as they 'held' all the applications for a while to deal with their own country's applications.

When they sent him the e-mail for dates (i think it was in Dec) it was asking for availability for the first 2 weeks of Jan i believe, then they had no spaces so ended up being early Feb.

Hope this helps.

Guest Tanya35

It took a couple of weeks until I had the phone interview and then I heard in the early hours of the next day that I was through to the next stages of fitness/medical, references and video conference call...so fingers crossed it all goes well!!! xx

Guest cider medic
Thought i'd just answer your first question as Hubby applied. It took him 6 months from time of application to interview. But a friend who applied in Apr last year didn't have his interview until Dec as they 'held' all the applications for a while to deal with their own country's applications.

When they sent him the e-mail for dates (i think it was in Dec) it was asking for availability for the first 2 weeks of Jan i believe, then they had no spaces so ended up being early Feb.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Tappers2oz, great of you to take the time. How far has the OH got on with his application, are you any nearer to "Living the dream"?

Thanks again Tanya35, think I like your time scales more...... It all seems to be 'flying' along for you when you compare some of the epic journeys a few people have had to endure to get to where you are now, good luck, keep us informed of your progress.

He failed the interview (no official feedback but they were super interested in the time he'd had 'off the road' on secondment).

They were keen to tell him to re apply in 6 months so we're taking that as a good sign. Only 4 more months to go now. The dream is postponed, but still in our plans. :-)

Hope this helps.

Who's you friend?? I was on the feb course so I will prob know them :)

Hi,

From what I've been told they run 3 UK conversion courses per year, so I guess you have 3 dates to choose from. But, you are quite right.....its pretty quick eh?!

Good luck with it all x

Just to clarify, the direct entry courses run every 2 months. This is because our rosta's are 8 weeks long and they start your course 7 weeks into our rosta so that you come out in time to start the new rosta.

Our new roasta starts on the 29th April. So you can work out from that when courses will start....

June course 4th June

July/August course 30th July

September course 24th.

They are only approx and st john change things all the time, so don't take it as set in stone just a rough guide.

Guest cider medic

Hi all,I noticed on the information 'Gumf' attached on the SJA website; - " Before the first interview stage you will need to supply to following documents; - Criminal history check /Police Clearance - Traffic Infringements and convictions report" Could anybody who has been through the process with SJA WA please let me know when they supplied this info, before or after initial interview. And also where do you obtain this info? Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, new to this thread. I applied to SJA WA in april and have a phone interview in June!!!!

With regards to Police checks etc I didn't attach them to my application. All I attached was a photo of my HPC reg card & driving licence photo card to my application. And still got shortlisted. By police check do they mean CRB like we have here???

I'm also hoping "if, IF I get through I can start in 2013. I'm looking at south of Perth such as secret harbour, mandurah, port kennedy etc etc. I have a mate who is down that way.

Financially won't be able to do it this year. Married 4 kids etc etc. Air fare alone is huge. Really want to give it a go. New start and all that. This country has gone way down hill with regards to the ambo service. I love being a Paramedic but constant standby, rubbish rota wherever I go in my service, constantly changing the goal posts when trying to progress etc is just getting too much! Not to mention morale!! Just want a better quality of life & better life for my family! Fingers crossed

Hi all,I noticed on the information 'Gumf' attached on the SJA website; - " Before the first interview stage you will need to supply to following documents; - Criminal history check /Police Clearance - Traffic Infringements and convictions report" Could anybody who has been through the process with SJA WA please let me know when they supplied this info, before or after initial interview. And also where do you obtain this info? Many thanks

Bit of a late reply, but Hubby had all his and scanned them in and 'attached' them in with the application.

Criminal history, you need your CRB check certificate. Traffic issues, if serious may be on your CRB but speeding fines and the like will be on your driving licence.

Hope this helped.

I'm also hoping "if, IF I get through I can start in 2013. I'm looking at south of Perth such as secret harbour, mandurah, port kennedy etc etc. I have a mate who is down that way.

Financially won't be able to do it this year. Married 4 kids etc etc. Air fare alone is huge. Really want to give it a go. New start and all that. This country has gone way down hill with regards to the ambo service. I love being a Paramedic but constant standby, rubbish rota wherever I go in my service, constantly changing the goal posts when trying to progress etc is just getting too much! Not to mention morale!! Just want a better quality of life & better life for my family! Fingers crossed

That's the main reason we applied, Hubby has no promotion prospects (his company making it very difficult for no reason, 10 years service, clean record). Rubbish rota's, always off late, always on cover. And morale, oh boy same with his!

Best of luck with your interview, we're(Well hubby) reapplying in Aug. If successful we're looking at North of Perth.

That's the main reason we applied, Hubby has no promotion prospects (his company making it very difficult for no reason, 10 years service, clean record). Rubbish rota's, always off late, always on cover. And morale, oh boy same with his!

Best of luck with your interview, we're(Well hubby) reapplying in Aug. If successful we're looking at North of Perth.

I see you are in Surrey. I'm in Sussex just below on the coast. Must be in the same service then!

Archived