St john ambulance applicants

Guest Joey0483

Guest Joey0483

Hi Danny - I too applied for the position that closed on 30th June but the application was submitted May 9th. I have called a couple of times and emailed but to no avail! I see NSW is recruiting too and I have printed out the application form for Queensland, the application forms seem to take me ages to complete and I need to find time to fill it in. That is a paper one and then you physically send it along with all your documents but I heard Queensland will only place you in Mackay and Townsville at present. Let me know when and if you hear and I will do likewise! Fingers crossed xx

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest para1447

Only Mackkay and Townsville available for QLD, I rang and asked. NSW weren't recruiting when I looked

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, my hubby is currently applying to WA amb service.

A couple of his friends have already been successful and living very happy lives in WA and one on the Gold Coast. Hoping it will be us too! Good luck to you all and maybe see you there someday.

Guest dannywh

Hi,

I applied 15/5/11 on the 30/6/11 closing date and recieved an e mail friday morning 19/8/11 saying i have been shortlisted, so fingers crossed you'll hear something very soon

Guest dannywh
Hi Danny - I too applied for the position that closed on 30th June but the application was submitted May 9th. I have called a couple of times and emailed but to no avail! I see NSW is recruiting too and I have printed out the application form for Queensland, the application forms seem to take me ages to complete and I need to find time to fill it in. That is a paper one and then you physically send it along with all your documents but I heard Queensland will only place you in Mackay and Townsville at present. Let me know when and if you hear and I will do likewise! Fingers crossed xx

hi mate, just had an e mail on 19/8 saying perth app form has been shortlisted, they have requested police clearance certificate. Have you heard anything? I sent the queensland one also and theyve requested some more documents so will see how each progresses

Guest Joey0483

Hi Danny

Same here - email friday morning requesting all the certificates. I have filled in my police check form and sent it off (£70!!) so hopefully that will be back in about a week.

At least things are moving....better get the old JRCALC out and get revising:frown:

Keep in touch and let me know how things move for you - perhaps we will be on the same conversion course eventually (fingers crossed!)

JO x

Guest dannywh
Hi Danny

Same here - email friday morning requesting all the certificates. I have filled in my police check form and sent it off (£70!!) so hopefully that will be back in about a week.

At least things are moving....better get the old JRCALC out and get revising:frown:

Keep in touch and let me know how things move for you - perhaps we will be on the same conversion course eventually (fingers crossed!)

JO x

Hi Jo,

I am going to fill mine in today and send it within the next couple of days. I went on the APCO website and it says £35. Have you paid for the quicker one? I get the impression now that things will move quickly. Just got my JRCALC out (and dusted it off) too revise. They've asked me for a list of dates to do the telphone interview so we'll see how it goes. The good thing is their on a recruitment drive again ( new advert in ambulance uk mag ) so their obviously desperate for numbers which is a positive. That police clearance by the way has to be signed by a justice of peace and they will accept a scanned emailed copy so when it arrived you can get it to them in the same day ( sorry if you already know this but they e mailed to tell me that ).

What made you decide on Perth? Have you ever been to Aus before?

catch u soon

Dan

Guest Joey0483

Hi Danny

I may sound a bit thick here - but who is a justice of the peace? So when I get my police check back i need to take it somewhere to get it verified and then scan it in and email it?

Yes i agree, think it is all going to start happening quickly (not too quickly i hope as i have so much to sort out this end!), but i am so glad things are moving.

I travelled round oz in 2000 and loved perth....cant really remember much about it but remember i loved it! I am going for a 2 week holiday in november to look round areas and schools etc and try and get my bearing and work out at least which area would be good for us. A couple of my old friends from my service including my old crew mate are living out there (one working for st john, one for a private ambulance company) and both are loving it.

Feel free to pm me or send me your email address and we can keep in touch

Jo x

Guest dannywh
Hi Danny

I may sound a bit thick here - but who is a justice of the peace? So when I get my police check back i need to take it somewhere to get it verified and then scan it in and email it?

Yes i agree, think it is all going to start happening quickly (not too quickly i hope as i have so much to sort out this end!), but i am so glad things are moving.

I travelled round oz in 2000 and loved perth....cant really remember much about it but remember i loved it! I am going for a 2 week holiday in november to look round areas and schools etc and try and get my bearing and work out at least which area would be good for us. A couple of my old friends from my service including my old crew mate are living out there (one working for st john, one for a private ambulance company) and both are loving it.

Feel free to pm me or send me your email address and we can keep in touch

Jo x

Hi Jo,

No your not thick cos i didn't know aswell but what i can gather is it is someone to do with the courts (like a magistrate) yeah and they said e mailed copy will do which is good cos they'l get it instantly. Thats good that you've been and are going again. I've just arrange for my house to be valued and then following the first interview will put it on the market. I also know 4 people who went out there 4 years ago from my service (manchester) and are still there which is good. How old are the kid(s)? I have a girl 7 and a boy 5 and there really up for it. Ill pm my e mail address.

take care

dan x

Guest para1447

Well done, Joey. Keep me informed. I should know by Monday as to whether I have made it to the next stage, ie 2nd interview and fitness test. Shouldn't see why I haven't the clinical interview with 8 hypothetical scenarios went well. Just need to work on the fitness bit, I had a baby 2 weeks ago so my body is a bit saggy at the moment!!! Hopefully will see you over there one day, it's taken me since March 25th to get to this stage and it's still not completed!!:biglaugh:

Guest Joey0483
Well done, Joey. Keep me informed. I should know by Monday as to whether I have made it to the next stage, ie 2nd interview and fitness test. Shouldn't see why I haven't the clinical interview with 8 hypothetical scenarios went well. Just need to work on the fitness bit, I had a baby 2 weeks ago so my body is a bit saggy at the moment!!! Hopefully will see you over there one day, it's taken me since March 25th to get to this stage and it's still not completed!!:biglaugh:

Oh brilliant news - did you have a boy or girl and what did you call them? I bet all this is the last thing you feel like doing....a fitness test? God i could barely walk for 6 weeks ;)

Congratulations!!

Could i be cheeky and ask what some of your scenarios were? PM me if you like.......I have just send away for my police clearance check, but need to get it signed by a justice of the peace, so may get my other documents signed whilst there.

Anyhow, huge congrats on the baby and good luck on Monday. WHen are you hoping to start? A big upheaval for you with a new baby

Take care Jo x

Hi everyone, DH was speaking to a friend at his work yesterday who is waiting to get a date for his interview. (If i i have figured out out correctly he got accepted in the time before @joey and @danny) He said to expect it to take a couple of months to hear back after application stage (of which a few of you already have) and a couple more months for interview date. If you get a yes at that stage things can move really fast. He hopes to be there for an April start. He has also heard there are 2 training/conversion courses a year so, assuming they are 6 monthly, they'll be Apr and Oct.

Hope this is of some use. :smile:

Guest dannywh
Hi everyone, DH was speaking to a friend at his work yesterday who is waiting to get a date for his interview. (If i i have figured out out correctly he got accepted in the time before @joey and @danny) He said to expect it to take a couple of months to hear back after application stage (of which a few of you already have) and a couple more months for interview date. If you get a yes at that stage things can move really fast. He hopes to be there for an April start. He has also heard there are 2 training/conversion courses a year so, assuming they are 6 monthly, they'll be Apr and Oct.

Hope this is of some use. :smile:

thanks will bear this in mind. I ve e mailed a list of available dates for interview but they haven't replied yet

take care

dan

Guest Joey0483

Hi Dan

Have you sent everything off now? I got my police form yesterday so need to find a 'cheap' solicitor to certify today and then will email it all across. I sent you an email, hope you got it.

Keep us posted x

Guest dannywh
Hi Dan

Have you sent everything off now? I got my police form yesterday so need to find a 'cheap' solicitor to certify today and then will email it all across. I sent you an email, hope you got it.

Keep us posted x

Hi jo

just need to send police clearance form biut they asked me for list of dates knowing i needed to send this. Is it only a solicitor who can certify? Hope u find a cheap one. I didnt recieve e mail fo r some reason. My e mail is dannywh3@yahoo.co.uk.

Take care x

• 1 month later...
Guest dannywh

i'm through to final interview, does anybody have any information they could share with me as i'm unaware what they may ask.

Thanks

Guest dannywh
Salary is $70 000 Australian Dollars for an Intermediate Para, $80 000 for an Intensive Care Para. I've not applied and they are only recruiting for Mackay and Townsville which are small towns way up north. Your partner may have trouble finding a job there. Did consider it but Perth Metro is better for my partner to get employment too. I have a friend who works in the far north of Queensland, she loves it, spends her days off in the sea and her son landed in Heaven the day he arrived.

Hi there,

have you had your face to face interview or fitness test yet? ive got my skype interview next tuesday, still waiting for a date for my fitness test yet though,

cheers

dan

Guest dannywh
Good luck Dan - where are you doing your final interview?

Hope someone can give you some pointers Jo x

Hi Jo,

It's at a place in Manchester so not too far really just a early start due to time difference. Hope i can get some pointers too. I'll e mail you when ive done it and let you know.

Dan xx

Guest michael999

Hi dannywh,

Fingers crossed for you on your video conference. I am waiting to hear if I will get one soon, but the wait is driving me :confused:

All the best.

I see they have now changed their entry requirements, you no longer have to have worked a year post qualification as a Paramedic befoer applying!!! This makes me very, very happy :biggrin:

Also, they are now taking on qualified nurses and putting them on a Paramedic conversion uni course too!! - I don't know if this helps anyone?

On their website are details of UK information sessions taking place this month and next in London and Glasgow - if anyone is wanting to go and chat to them...

Mel x

I see they have now changed their entry requirements, you no longer have to have worked a year post qualification as a Paramedic befoer applying!!! This makes me very, very happy :biggrin:

Also, they are now taking on qualified nurses and putting them on a Paramedic conversion uni course too!! - I don't know if this helps anyone?

On their website are details of UK information sessions taking place this month and next in London and Glasgow - if anyone is wanting to go and chat to them...

Mel x

Do you happen to have the link as i don't know where to look on their website.

Thanks.

Edit, it's ok. I found it.

http://www.stjohnchangelives.com.au/

Guest para1447

I'm rapidly losing the will to live with them. Whenever I speak to the girl in HR she keeps giving me the run around, "Your application is still in the process, we'll be in touch in a month or so" was the last reply. I assume it's because I have recently had a baby and so they've put my application on hold. However, I wish they'd say that instead of fobbing me off all the time. Let me know how your interview went. Hopefully we'll be on the same course in February. You're probably not going to make the December intake either at this late stage.

Angela

Archived