Tuition fee for Dependant Primary - Student on Masters & Partner Can Work Fulltime

jjeetthh

Hi, just want to inquire on behalf of my sister whose planning to come here in Melbourne on a student visa.

She'll be taking up a masters degree and that entitles her husband to work full time. They have a 6year old daughter and will go to a primary school.

Tuition fee is bloody expensive at 8,000 per year. Just want to find out if they can get some sort of discount or refund once her partner starts working fulltime.

Cheers!

Hi, just want to inquire on behalf of my sister whose planning to come here in Melbourne on a student visa.

She'll be taking up a masters degree and that entitles her husband to work full time. They have a 6year old daughter and will go to a primary school.

Tuition fee is bloody expensive at 8,000 per year. Just want to find out if they can get some sort of discount or refund once her partner starts working fulltime.

Cheers!

No, just have to bite the bullet and pay, and be grateful that the partner can work full time while partner is studying a masters, rather than just the 20 hours weekly on the ordinary student visa.

oh my! any other inputs from here?

one of my mates told me that her sister's friends whose also on a student visa before was able to get some discount with her child's tuition fee while still on a student visa.

i need to get in touch with her though just to validate this.

thanks mate!

• 1 month later...
Guest Lailapete

Hi there, Did you get any more info on the discount for childcare? I want to do a masters, and bring my family. Although I would like to do a graduate diploma first. Do you know if this qualifies as 'postgraguate' so that my hubby can work.

Thanks

Laila

Cheers!

Hi there,

try to contact catholic schools. The fee is around $2,400/yr and it can be paid three times a year. Some of them are more than happy to accept a dependent student on case by case basis. It will be easier if u r catholic as u can always ask a help from the parish priest. I know some of the member here might find it impossible, but when I was on student visa, I enrolled my daughter at a catholic school with a help from the parish priest and the fee was the same with local students.

Hi there,

try to contact catholic schools. The fee is around $2,400/yr and it can be paid three times a year. Some of them are more than happy to accept a dependent student on case by case basis. It will be easier if u r catholic as u can always ask a help from the parish priest. I know some of the member here might find it impossible, but when I was on student visa, I enrolled my daughter at a catholic school with a help from the parish priest and the fee was the same with local students.

hi yc1ten!

thanks for your reply! that gave me a lot of hope and sigh of relief. yeah, we're catholics and i'll talk to our parish priests and some nearby churches as well. i've already paid for my niece's tuition fee for this schoolyear. hopefully next year I can save a lot.

oh by the way, can i ask how long ago was that? when you were still on a student visa. if you won't mind.

cheers!!

hi yc1ten!

thanks for your reply! that gave me a lot of hope and sigh of relief. yeah, we're catholics and i'll talk to our parish priests and some nearby churches as well. i've already paid for my niece's tuition fee for this schoolyear. hopefully next year I can save a lot.

oh by the way, can i ask how long ago was that? when you were still on a student visa. if you won't mind.

cheers!!

It was in 2009.

I am surprised that the Catholic schools dont charge international student rates, that may have been a one off glitch, when I have spoken to private schools around here they have levied the international rate on students' dependents although they dont charge 457 visa holders the full international rate which is different from the gov schools.

I am surprised that the Catholic schools dont charge international student rates, that may have been a one off glitch, when I have spoken to private schools around here they have levied the international rate on students' dependents although they dont charge 457 visa holders the full international rate which is different from the gov schools.

Don't be, as I said it is on a case by case basis, and the best thing is to get help from your parish priest. It happened to me before and many of my friends. However, you have to be realistic, if you are asking to put ur child say at XAVIER COLLEGE, well even local paying up to ten of thousands per year. My advice, go to ur local parish priest as the church has its local parish primary school as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't be, as I said it is on a case by case basis, and the best thing is to get help from your parish priest. It happened to me before and many of my friends. However, you have to be realistic, if you are asking to put ur child say at XAVIER COLLEGE, well even local paying up to ten of thousands per year. My advice, go to ur local parish priest as the church has its local parish primary school as well.

hi yc1ten,

i pop into one school in st albans in vic and unfortunately, they said that we need to pay the full price as they are not getting any funding from the government.. :(

hope i can find one for next school year.

thanks

Archived