TRA TradeSET Assessment?????

Leach Family

Hi All

I am looking to get my skills assessed but on the TRA website it says i have to complete the TradeSET questions before i can proceed with the initial application.......however it does not list my job? It says to chose a job which is close to my current job role, but none of them are.

I want an assessment as a Childcare Coordinator/Centre Manager but all the jobs listed are for cooks, builders etc theres nothing close to what i need.:confused:

Any advice please?

Many Thanks

Childcare Coordinator/Centre Manager is not a trade and is not assessed as a trade.

Here is what TRA have published:

14. Child Care Co-ordinator

14.1.Applicants must have completed a two year accredited post-secondary course in child care (diploma or advanced diploma) or three year accredited tertiary course in early childhood care or education.

14.2.Employment: Applicants must have three years supervisory employment that reflects the responsibilities, duties and tasks of a Child Care Co-ordinator. This must be obtained in an environment of substantial size and reputation and subject to a regulatory framework, and gained after the accredited course referred to in clause 14.1 is completed.

14.2.1. Evidence of 12 months paid full-time employment in the nominated trade within the 24 months prior to lodging an application must also be provided

14.3.Applicants must have demonstrated proficiency in English language literacy and numeracy with an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least six in all four components.

Rely on TRA or DIAC publications a your own risk.

Childcare Coordinator/Centre Manager is not a trade and is not assessed as a trade.

14.1.Applicants must have completed a two year accredited post-secondary course in child care (diploma or advanced diploma) or three year accredited tertiary course in early childhood care or education.

14.2.Employment: Applicants must have three years supervisory employment that reflects the responsibilities, duties and tasks of a Child Care Co-ordinator. This must be obtained in an environment of substantial size and reputation and subject to a regulatory framework, and gained after the accredited course referred to in clause 14.1 is completed.

14.2.1. Evidence of 12 months paid full-time employment in the nominated trade within the 24 months prior to lodging an application must also be provided

14.3.Applicants must have demonstrated proficiency in English language literacy and numeracy with an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least six in all four components.

Hi Russell,

Thankyou for your reply. Yes i know the pass criteria, but i am wanting to know how i can apply for my skills assessment. I thought TRA did assess childcare manager?

My problem is, on the TRA website it says i have to complete the TradeSET assessment first and submit it with my application? But i cant do the TradeSET as it doesnt list my job? Do you think i have to do TradeSET or can i just submit my application? :confused:

Claire

• 1 year later...
Hi Russell,

Thankyou for your reply. Yes i know the pass criteria, but i am wanting to know how i can apply for my skills assessment. I thought TRA did assess childcare manager?

My problem is, on the TRA website it says i have to complete the TradeSET assessment first and submit it with my application? But i cant do the TradeSET as it doesnt list my job? Do you think i have to do TradeSET or can i just submit my application? :confused:

Claire

Hi did you manage to get thro this assessment as i am thinking of getting my qualification recognised as childcare coordinator/manager, if my hubby doesn't get 8's in his IELTS so we can get the extra points this way..........Did you have to sit the IELTS yourself or can you use your passport for the required mark??????

the only other thing is i only work part time and it says full time do you think this will matter????

Hi Russel

Can you pls. inform me from where you got the details for 14. Child Care Co-ordinator? Pls. suggest any link or document which i can download and check for the self.

Also i am wondering why you have mentioned "Rely on TRA or DIAC publications a your own risk."? Do you think TRA or DIAC publications are not credible and worthy?

Thanks a lot.

manek

• 3 weeks later...

I too am looking at been a childcare centre director. My partner and I have been here a year on his visa. I have been at my current job for 2 months and they have offered me sponsership as director ( currently I'm group leader) are there any visa wich do not require me to go through tra to have m skills assessed as it says I need 12 months employment in the role in the last 2 years and I have not been in the role for. 4 years :( I hope this doesn't stop me getting sponsership

Archived