2 Years in OZ!!

The Yuills

It has been 2 years now since we arrived here in Secret Harbour, Western Australia...and we are still here and do not intend to go anywhere else quite yet.

We have met lots of people along the way...some I wish we still knew now, some I am glad we don’t know now and others, well, hopefully they will be here to stay!!!

We have had a lot of crap happen since being here and I suppose we could have easily have give up and gone back...but we have persevered and are still here and stronger for it I think.

We have been ripped off when we first got here with a vehicle, had a baby last year and then lost that baby to SIDS 4 weeks later, and then a supposed friend turned into a physo case at the beginning of this year..... causing me untold amounts of grief, my mum died back in the UK 2 weeks ago and I made the decision not to go back and then we were told my hubby had a heart attack while having a small operation 2 weeks ago also......he went for tests last week and has been given the all clear...finally some good news!!!:jiggy:

Well I have decided to take all those negatives and turn them into positives......I have joined the P&C at our local primary school and enjoying it......I have decided I am going to get involved with SIDS and KIDS Day on the 24th June and invite the kids at school to wear it red for the day and donate money raised to SIDS and Kids who helped me when Jake passed away. Many thanks to SiamSusie for getting them to ring me!! Also since losing my mum I have finally got back in touch with my mum’s brother and sister and have had them visit me here at Secret Harbour (they both live north Perth) and have vowed to stay in touch!!

We have visited many places and have had lots of outings as a family and been on holiday each year at Christmas since being here....something we never did in the UK, and we are going again this year at Christmas too.

We have some great friends who we spend alot of our time with, BBQ’s and days out spent at the beach even in autumn......

I have had some downers here where I would have quite happily run back to the UK, but this is my home and I have to make the most of it. I have found Centre Link and other places quite helpful when I needed it and have not really had any bad experiences other than those I have spoken about (and to be honest they were English!!)

So what I am going to do now is make the most of this great country and live each day to the full. I love this country and am not going to pretend otherwise, I will always miss what I left behind in UK but I am home and will be staying.

Sue xx

Guest guest30038

I've followed your journey Sue, quite often, with a tear in my eye.

You fully deserve to experience the best of what Australia can offer after all your trials and heartaches.

Thanks for opening your heart to us all on PIO :hug: :hug:

kev xx

Guest MaybeOz

Wow, you have been through so much Sue & Co :frown: I do admire the positivity running through your post though; you are truly a strong woman and I have very little doubt that you can make the move work for you all.

We really liked Secret Harbour when we visited :yes:

Kari :wubclub:

Guest JK2510

Wow what a post! It really puts into perspective my little grumbles that I have.

What a strong and courageous person you are.

Hi Sue, thanks for such a heartfelt post. You and your family have been through so much since you arrived. It's good to see that you facing the future with such a positve attitude. I'm sure other people would have turned and fled back home.

You are an inspiration to us all :hug:

Guest Guest31881

Nice post sue, you have been here a couple of months longer than me, I have followed your posts in the past with interest and awe at your strength of character.

Best wishes for the future, I look forward to reading your "3 years in Oz" in 12 months time:hug:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't know what to really say, a heart rendering post.............. i hope things go your way and credit to you for sticking it out.

Hi Sue

I have thought of you many times. The things life has thrown at you have been cruel, but you are still able to make all things positive. You are such an inspiration. If only everyone could be as lovely as you. I wish you and your family only good things for the future. Take care.

Liz x

Hello Sue and Family - That is a real heart warming post and goes to prove that you can rise above all the adversity that life throws at you... indeed I agree with many sentiments on here and wish to say that we are soon to start our own personal journey to Oz and if I find half of your own inner strength along the way I will be most happy.

Good luck keep smiling and enjoy every minute of your wonderful life in Australia ... Inspirations dont come along often and you are obviously one of those rare people.

All the best of luck to you and the family

Lots of love to you Sue and your family, a saying i love is "when life throws you lemons, make lemonade" It's much harder to be positive and fulfil your life after what you've been through and far easier to go down another path! I hope this next year will be filled with happiness and look forward to reading your next milestone x x x

Guest siamsusie

To an amazing little family, you guys deserve so much in life! I just know you will be a valued member of SIDS.

Thank you Sue:hug:

Susie xxx

Guest Taylor72

Hello sue x

We dont know each other but you've touched my heart !! what an inspirational and brave lady you are, to say you have been tested is an understatement and has shown yourlovely positive character.

Hold your head up high lovely and keep positve for you have a wonderful little family so keep them close. You have made your home in oz despite all that you have been through and i wish you all the best future happiness. Im so pleased youve had good news about your husbands health scare.

I think i can speak for alot of people on pio by saying your cyber friends are always here if you need a friendly ear to listen. Feel free to pm me if you ever need a friend xx :hug::hug::hug:

Ah bless you Sue, what a touching post. God i didn't realise hubby had a h/a recently! You have been through some tough times but like you say, Oz is your home again and i'm so pleased you are still loving it!

We are coming over again to validate before 23rd March 2012 so will let you know when flights are booked and look forward to catching up again.

Lisa. xxx:hug:

Archived