gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Following six are the unlucky occupations DUE TO OCCUPATION CEILING PROBLEM, as I learn from DIBP in their website.

(http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/) -> Reports

• 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers

• 2334 Electronics Engineers

• 2339 Other Engineering Professionals

• 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts

• 2613 Software and Applications Programmers

• 2633 Telecommunications Engineers.

so, applicants having any of the above occupation should be ready for delay in his case. Moreover, if any one has any of the above occupation AND he is also a Family sponsored, he will suffer a delay++ in his case. That is because he is suffering from a disease of OCCUPATION CEILING + LIMITED QUOTA = DELAY++ :mad:

The thing you have mentioned is for new invite

How is this work for applicant who already got the invitation?...like in my case I got the request for Medical and PCC, already finalized and it has the validatity of 1 year.

If there are limited number places available why they invites us?

Medical Call Alert

Another applicant received his medical call today.

Name: ImranAli82

Visa: 175

Applied: 26-6-2012

Form 80: Front Loaded June 2012

CO assigned & SC initiated: 26-8-2012

Med/PCC: 6-11-2013

Another August CO .. well August month is being called now .................. Waiting for my turn too ;)

Following six are the unlucky occupations DUE TO OCCUPATION CEILING PROBLEM, as I learn from DIBP in their website.

so, applicants having any of the above occupation should be ready for delay in his case. Moreover, if any one has any of the above occupation AND he is also a Family sponsored, he will suffer a delay++ in his case. That is because he is suffering from a disease of OCCUPATION CEILING + LIMITED QUOTA = DELAY++ :mad:

Does it also include software engineers occupation or only analysts and programmers?

:(

And I wonder if Qantas has option of folding seats... How cheaper it would be !!!!!!

I just gone through your case details in your signatures, really you worked hard to create it. I appreciate it.....

I guess 90% of my life rightnow is revolving around it (I know desperate).. but well C'est la vie..

next halloween .... all HR forum members will gather in some where Aus ;)

butt IMO this is related to skill set ceiling, those who applied before it are exempted because this means you face delay in CO assignment. i wonder whats the actual meaning of this...but my opinion is based on these lines

"

Due to this high level of demand, there will be limitations on the number of invitations issued for the remainder of the 2013-14 program year.

Half of the remaining places will be allocated for state or territory government nominations and the other half will be allocated for the invitation rounds for Skilled Independent and Skilled Regional (Provisional). These arrangements commenced on 2 September 2013."

welcome to the thread. What is your graduation in? Was it from distant learning also? Are the majors in HR?

What is your graduation in? = Business Adminstration

Was it from distant learning also? Yes (only exams no full time classes - But approved from Indian UGC Board)

Are the majors in HR? - Yes Masters in HR

You have two options, either buy tickets through IOM for emirates airline and get extra baggage allowance (per person would be 40 + 7-8kg hand carry) but the travel duration is too much. first to dubai and then from dubai to australia 16 hrs contineus flight.

second is, go through Thai ... baggage they allow maximum 25 kg per person ... or you can request them for extra luggage but hard to get request accepted. but advantage is travel time is less as compared to emirates route. when you are coming along with kids you have to be very much careful for the travel duration.

but if you are coming alone then you must not go using these both options :) ... you can go through karachi Qantas airline which my friend 047 told us earlier (only around 45000 per person one way ticket) ... amazing!!! isnt it.

we choosed option two, via Thai. and extra luggage was booked as unaccompanied luggage on the same flight ... and Thai charged 310 per Kg this rate is from isb, rates may vary from other origins.

Can you provide the contact of Qantas Airways from which I can enquire about the ticket fairs. I am asking this because on the internet and on their website, there is no direct flight from Karachi to Canberra. Also the fair from Dubai to Canberra is around 300K, which is almost double what emirates is charging.

Thanks in advance.

Dear 047,

How do you know this is applicable to 176.

i m in perth , its stuffed , i drive Limo , and there is a Dentist , chemical engineer and doctor working as Drivers. All that glitters is not Gold. any way Good luck.

In my opinion every occupation has its own discrete future outlook and geographical demand centers in different current and future timeframes. I understand the problems and agony every immigrant goes through prior settling down, life is not easy anywhere these days because of tough competition. Its not always the way it looks from far away. I wish and pray for you and your friends success and hope your dreams may come true in the shortest span of time. I think going through this link might be of some help to young immigrants in locating their dream destination in Oz land. http://joboutlook.gov.au/alpha.aspx#P

It applies to future skill select EOI applications, nothing to do with the ppl having visa application invitations already or to 175/176 applicants.

You have two options, either buy tickets through IOM for emirates airline and get extra baggage allowance (per person would be 40 + 7-8kg hand carry) but the travel duration is too much. first to dubai and then from dubai to australia 16 hrs contineus flight.

second is, go through Thai ... baggage they allow maximum 25 kg per person ... or you can request them for extra luggage but hard to get request accepted. but advantage is travel time is less as compared to emirates route. when you are coming along with kids you have to be very much careful for the travel duration.

but if you are coming alone then you must not go using these both options :) ... you can go through karachi Qantas airline which my friend 047 told us earlier (only around 45000 per person one way ticket) ... amazing!!! isnt it.

we choosed option two, via Thai. and extra luggage was booked as unaccompanied luggage on the same flight ... and Thai charged 310 per Kg this rate is from isb, rates may vary from other origins.

Thakns Shawais. Points noted.

I am traveling with family.hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Thakns Shawais. Points noted.

I am traveling with family.hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Shawais is right about the flight duration. If you have little kids with you, go for the shortest flight available . Mine are pretty good flyers and when we flew to Australia in July, I was seriously thinking of jumping off the plane somewhere above the Pacific :arghh:. It`s not easy to keep little ones amused for 14 hours straight.

If one sees the map, then it can be realized that Malaysia & Singapore are the best resting place on the way to OZ. I suggest people to try to find DXB>Malaysia>OZ or DXB>SGP>OZ flights. We know both Malaysian & Singapore airlines are good.

Shawais is right about the flight duration. If you have little kids with you, go for the shortest flight available . Mine are pretty good flyers and when we flew to Australia in July, I was seriously thinking of jumping off the plane somewhere above the Pacific :arghh:. It`s not easy to keep little ones amused for 14 hours straight.

If one sees the map, then it can be realized that Malaysia & Singapore are the best resting place on the way to OZ. I suggest people to try to find DXB>Malaysia>OZ or DXB>SGP>OZ flights. We know both Malaysian & Singapore airlines are good.

What about DXB -> Thailand -> OZ ? using Thai Airways

By the grace of Almighty got the Grant letter today.......to be honest i dont think i would have the mental strength to go through the agony of waiting without this FORUM thanks to all & praying for every one for their grant.......

By the grace of Almighty got the Grant letter today.......to be honest i dont think i would have the mental strength to go through the agony of waiting without this FORUM thanks to all & praying for every one for their grant.......

Congratulation Bro for finishing the timeline.

All the best for your future. :)

Congrats bro for getting visa. did u ask to CO about SC start date?

congratulations...

whose next in line?

Congrats bro for getting visa. did u ask to CO about SC start date?

Specifically didnt ask but in one of the reply of CO i got the hint that it started from the date of CO allocation. reply was like below.....

"As a matter of general guidance, applicants for permanent visas who are referred for security checking should expect a minimum six (6) month processing period given the nature of the checks which are conducted. Please note that this period commences once all required documents have been provided to the department and after the application has been allocated to a case officer. This application was allocated on the 27/7/2012"

Archived