gr8leo87

Yes its difficult to get a place before arrival, actually its my friend's friend place so we paid rent and bond remotely but signed agreement on arrival. Let me know when u r coming i will try to find out something.

2. 2 bed apartment between 300-350

2 bed town house 350-450

3. Good to have own car but I hardly need it to go any where westfield shopping mall around 400 meters away and bus and train both 600 meters away. So no need of car actually.

4. Yes, this is the islamic school u mentioned along with a pakistani masjid ... a turkish mosque is very near to my place.

Answer: Australian Islamic College of Sydney (formerly King Abdul Aziz College) http://www.aics.nsw.edu.au/

5. Ppl from different regions are here, lot of Muslim community around.

6. I wanted to get a place in rooty hills near to mount druitt, my family friends are there.

In addition, halal food available here

Pakistani/indian shops are here to get kitchen masala stuff

Mount druitt is big area so be careful in getting apartment, some places are not near to everything.

You can explore, lakemba, greenacre, bankstown too.

Btw, if u live in rooty hills then car is a must.

Trains and buses are very very punctual, if arrival time is 2:57, then it will b there right on time not a single minute late.

Bro, thanks for your reply.

I am still waiting for SC to be finalized and hopeful to get a call in a few weeks.

At the moment, I have residency for New Zealand and thinking either to settle down in Sydney or Auckland. I know that it is irrelevant to mention it, but I am venting out myself. :) If I decide to settle in Sydney, then will meet you for sure.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes its difficult to get a place before arrival, actually its my friend's friend place so we paid rent and bond remotely but signed agreement on arrival. When u r planning to come over?

I will be there in december first week.. but thats just a landing visit.

now another questions how did you transfer your stuff? or you managed with the baggage allowance only.

Best of luck to everybody getting silver and golden emails.

Just feel free to ask any question about Perth settlement and I will do my best for you people.

I am a mother of two wonderful young daughters of age 8 and 6. My husband is the prime applicant, and we are looking forward to move to perth next year. Would definitely like to benefit from your experience of settling down in perth as a young immigrant pakistani family.

175(Civil Engineer), Applied 29-12-11, CO Allocated 19-5-12, Form 80 Submitted 28-5-12, Medical & P.C.C FL 2-6-12 (expired in 2013), Medical and Pcc call ......... , Grant.......

I am a mother of two wonderful young daughters of age 8 and 6. My husband is the prime applicant, and we are looking forward to move to perth next year. Would definitely like to benefit from your experience of settling down in perth as a young immigrant pakistani family.

175(Civil Engineer), Applied 29-12-11, CO Allocated 19-5-12, Form 80 Submitted 28-5-12, Medical & P.C.C FL 2-6-12 (expired in 2013), Medical and Pcc call ......... , Grant.......

better go to Sydney...

better go to Sydney...

We have learned that job prospects for civil engineers are better in perth than anywhere else in Australia that is why our preference is perth, though we are not rigid on that but mainly job prospects is the prime driver for determining our heading down under.

Dear friends,

Yesterday I asked the case officer abt status update..My online status today shows met of all requirements including Medicals. My visa category is FS 176 in this email the case officer said regional skilled. I m tensed after reading email from case officer. Pls suggest what should i do now

Below is the email from case officer:-

I acknowledge receipt of your email. I understand that the time taken to process your application may be causing concern to you and your family.

The visa you have applied for is part of the Regional Skilled category. The Migration Program planning level for this category has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.

This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available. I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this visa category as planning levels are determined by the Australian Government.

As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.

In the meantime, I encourage you to check the department’s website for updated information regarding allocation, processing and any changes to the Skilled Migration Program which may affect you.

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Kind regards,

Dear Bro,

I have got the exact same reply from my CO few days back, I copy past email text to google and found your post.

I was not at all following my application, but recently my CO (team 2) requested me for Medical and PCC thats awake me. After completed everything and all the status are updated to MET. Send an email to CO for my staus update 'Am I expecting the grant Visa soon?'. In reply this is what I got :mad: thats extremely disappoint me.

I am from Pakistan living in Dubai from past 2.5 years have great Job, below are my timeline, I might be the oldest one in this category :biggrin:

Applied 176 FS online Jan 2011, CO Allocated Nov 2011, Medical and PCC requested July 2013, Medical Finalized 16 Aug 2013, All document Met, waiting for grant.

Dear Bro,

I have got the exact same reply from my CO few days back, I copy past email text to google and found your post.

I was not at all following my application, but recently my CO (team 2) requested me for Medical and PCC thats awake me. After completed everything and all the status are updated to MET. Send an email to CO for my staus update 'Am I expecting the grant Visa soon?'. In reply this is what I got :mad: thats extremely disappoint me.

I am from Pakistan living in Dubai from past 2.5 years have great Job, below are my timeline, I might be the oldest one in this category :biggrin:

Applied 176 FS online Jan 2011, CO Allocated Nov 2011, Medical and PCC requested July 2013, Medical Finalized 16 Aug 2013, All document Met, waiting for grant.

You are not the only FS applicant. There are four others who are waiting since long and the oldest one applied in Sept 2010.

I've added your time line in the time sheet. Let me know if you want any modification in your dates

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asgogun4vvmDdGtQTHNRbVQ2eHdHUFpienYyTUpTcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Welcome to the forum sister.

I've added your timeline in the time sheet. You may compare your timeline with other to estimate your medical call/grant.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asgogun4vvmDdGtQTHNRbVQ2eHdHUFpienYyTUpTcHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

You are not the only FS applicant. There are four others who are waiting since long and the oldest one applied in Sept 2010.

I've added your time line in the time sheet. Let me know if you want any modification in your dates

Dear All,

Today I go this reply from my CO, after I asked for some clarification. Can some one please guide me?

Thank you for your email.

The health and character clearances have a limited validity of 12 months from the date of finalisation. You medicals and character clearances are current and valid until 07/07/2014 (being the earliest date of expiry of your UAE police clearances). There is some limited scope to extend the validity of these clearances.

Your application is ready to be finalised, pending further instructions from the Minister that the processing of your family sponsored subclass can recommence.

If you feel you have particular compassionate or compelling circumstances as to why your application should be prioritised at this time then I can put these forward.

Your patience is appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

Today I go this reply from my CO, after I asked for some clarification. Can some one please guide me?

The health and character clearances have a limited validity of 12 months from the date of finalisation. You medicals and character clearances are current and valid until 07/07/2014 (being the earliest date of expiry of your UAE police clearances). There is some limited scope to extend the validity of these clearances.

Your application is ready to be finalised, pending further instructions from the Minister that the processing of your family sponsored subclass can recommence.

If you feel you have particular compassionate or compelling circumstances as to why your application should be prioritised at this time then I can put these forward.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that right now DIBC don't have quota for FS applicants. We have seen similar situation last year in Oct-Dec when FS applicant faced this problem. However, in Jan the quota revised and they got their grants.

I advice you to wait till Jan and see what happens.

The particular compassionate or compelling circumstance may be that you have a job offer from Aussie firm so you can show that to your CO for priority.

Dear Bro,

WoW. Another, very rare FS fellow...Its good to see when someone belongs to 176 FS subclass...

Zain1234, What is your Occupation, please ?????????????????????????

It seems your Team is Team 2 mine is Team 2 as well.

If you see me recent posts from October 15, 2013 and onwards, you will see my correspondence with the Case Officer regarding various clarifications.

In my case she didnot say that my application is ready to be finazlied pending further instructions from the Minister that the processing of your family sponsored subclass can recommence.

I think you need to ask her one question what are the chances that the proccessing of Family Sponsored Subclass can commence as per Ministrial Instructions?

If your applicantion is recommenced because you are the oldest one this will open path for the other applicants of FS category as well. Regarding your query you can view my posts as already discussed above.

Can you please let me know when did the status of Medicals and PCC changed to MET in your online application? Mine changed on October 15, 2013.

May ALLAH (SWT) bless us with quick grants.

Dear All,

Sorry for the mistake...Just gone through my document checklist

I have done my Medical on 16-August-2013

My medical was received on 26-August-2013

My medical was finalized on 29-September-2013

Moreover, i have seen my son medical finalized on 17-Oct-2013. I dont know the reason of delay and suspect cousing this delay to my application....

It seems your Team is Team 2 mine is Team 2 as well.

If you see me recent posts from October 15, 2013 and onwards, you will see my correspondence with the Case Officer regarding various clarifications.

In my case she didnot say that my application is ready to be finazlied pending further instructions from the Minister that the processing of your family sponsored subclass can recommence.

I think you need to ask her one question what are the chances that the proccessing of Family Sponsored Subclass can commence as per Ministrial Instructions?

If your applicantion is recommenced because you are the oldest one this will open path for the other applicants of FS category as well. Regarding your query you can view my posts as already discussed above.

Can you please let me know when did the status of Medicals and PCC changed to MET in your online application? Mine changed on October 15, 2013.

May ALLAH (SWT) bless us with quick grants.

i m in perth , its stuffed , i drive Limo , and there is a Dentist , chemical engineer and doctor working as Drivers. All that glitters is not Gold. any way Good luck.

I sincerely pray for your success and that of your other friends. May I ask what is your profession and how long you have been here?

I will be there in december first week.. but thats just a landing visit.

now another questions how did you transfer your stuff? or you managed with the baggage allowance only.

You have two options, either buy tickets through IOM for emirates airline and get extra baggage allowance (per person would be 40 + 7-8kg hand carry) but the travel duration is too much. first to dubai and then from dubai to australia 16 hrs contineus flight.

second is, go through Thai ... baggage they allow maximum 25 kg per person ... or you can request them for extra luggage but hard to get request accepted. but advantage is travel time is less as compared to emirates route. when you are coming along with kids you have to be very much careful for the travel duration.

but if you are coming alone then you must not go using these both options :) ... you can go through karachi Qantas airline which my friend 047 told us earlier (only around 45000 per person one way ticket) ... amazing!!! isnt it.

we choosed option two, via Thai. and extra luggage was booked as unaccompanied luggage on the same flight ... and Thai charged 310 per Kg this rate is from isb, rates may vary from other origins.

My Occupation is 'Analyst Programmer'

Following six are the unlucky occupations DUE TO OCCUPATION CEILING PROBLEM, as I learn from DIBP in their website.

(http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/) -> Reports

• 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers

• 2334 Electronics Engineers

• 2339 Other Engineering Professionals

• 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts

• 2613 Software and Applications Programmers

• 2633 Telecommunications Engineers.

so, applicants having any of the above occupation should be ready for delay in his case. Moreover, if any one has any of the above occupation AND he is also a Family sponsored, he will suffer a delay++ in his case. That is because he is suffering from a disease of OCCUPATION CEILING + LIMITED QUOTA = DELAY++ :mad:

I wonder how much the business class of Qantas charges, if it charges around the same as Thai's economy.. cant it be a good option.. (Just wondering)

And I wonder if Qantas has option of folding seats... How cheaper it would be !!!!!!

I just gone through your case details in your signatures, really you worked hard to create it. I appreciate it.....

Following six are the unlucky occupations DUE TO OCCUPATION CEILING PROBLEM, as I learn from DIBP in their website.

(http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/) -> Reports

• 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers

• 2334 Electronics Engineers

• 2339 Other Engineering Professionals

• 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts

• 2613 Software and Applications Programmers

• 2633 Telecommunications Engineers.

so, applicants having any of the above occupation should be ready for delay in his case. Moreover, if any one has any of the above occupation AND he is also a Family sponsored, he will suffer a delay++ in his case. That is because he is suffering from a disease of OCCUPATION CEILING + LIMITED QUOTA = DELAY++ :mad:

I beg to differ your conclusion.

Occupation Ceiling is nothing to do with 176FS sponsored applicant. If there is quota for 176FS applicant, one will get grant/medical call irrespective of his occupation.

Occupation ceiling is just for new invitation not for grant. I'm concluding this because there are many 175/176 applicants who belong to above occupations are receiving their grant/medical calls now.

In 2012-13 this happened too when Chemical/Material, Electronics, Software, Telecom engineers reached their ceiling from Jan'12 to May'13, 175/176 applicant were not effected by this ceiling.

So bro, keep your hopes high, only Quota is the hindrance at the moment.

Archived