gr8leo87

Hi Twister,

Do you have any idea? If some one reach OZ and he opens an account their in XYZ Bank then will that bank issue him Credit Card or Prepaid Internet/Master/Visa Card? Provided this guy has yet to find a job or permanent address.

Mate account opening has nothing to do with your job definitely u will not get credit card but will get visa-master debit card

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Farhan,

You are correct but how can we fulfill our credit card needs like online shopping, blocking advance at hotel, airline booking etc.

Does that mentioned NAB Master/Visa debit card allow us to do all that?

Dear Bro,

My sincere advise for you is to close the credit cards of UAE and come here and forget about HSBC or any other UAE banks transfer here.

Best is to get an account in NAB, common wealth bank etc as I have told in earlier post and u just have to travel without credit card during the flight and once you land here u can straight away go to the bank and get visa/master debit card.

Reason is simple NAB or other Aussie bank like common wealth are free of charges, you will find ATMs all around city otherwise you have to pay 2.5$ or 3$ for each transaction you do on ATM of any other bank like HSBC or citi or any other international bank even other local banks as HSBC or others may have only few atms in City but local banks like nab and others have ATMs on every area.

Left alone using UAE credit card you will be losing 10$ even you take out or use Ur card for 2$ due to currency conversion and ATM using charges.

If you still insist of using UAE card or HSBC than be ready to lose your money.

Dear Bro,

My sincere advise for you is to close the credit cards of UAE and come here and forget about HSBC or any other UAE banks transfer here.

Best is to get an account in NAB, common wealth bank etc as I have told in earlier post and u just have to travel without credit card during the flight and once you land here u can straight away go to the bank and get visa/master debit card.

Reason is simple NAB or other Aussie bank like common wealth are free of charges, you will find ATMs all around city otherwise you have to pay 2.5$ or 3$ for each transaction you do on ATM of any other bank like HSBC or citi or any other international bank even other local banks as HSBC or others may have only few atms in City but local banks like nab and others have ATMs on every area.

Left alone using UAE credit card you will be losing 10$ even you take out or use Ur card for 2$ due to currency conversion and ATM using charges.

If you still insist of using UAE card or HSBC than be ready to lose your money.

Actually I was worried only about the credit cards due to payment to be done for hotel / flights, but there are many other ways

1. Buying prepaid internet card from any UAE bank (suggestion by Cognos)

2. Doing the booking , flights , initial hotel through travel agent or the prepaid cards.

So you are right, its better to close the chapter of UAE once and for all. We dont know what problems we might face if we left a bank account open in a country we dont reisde , specially when that country is not our home country :)

Dear Farhan,

You are correct but how can we fulfill our credit card needs like online shopping, blocking advance at hotel, airline booking etc.

Dear mate,

All of your needs can be fulfilled by nab visa/master card or as the matter fact by any other bank ATM visa or master card as it's a debit card or credit card it does not make any difference and visa or master logo is important and you can use credit or debit card with visa or master sign same. Only difference is in credit card you will pay later and in debit card the money will straight away go from your account.

In Australia ppl even buy 1 dollar chocolate and use Visa card so you won't have any problem.

For hotel and ticket booking I will give you example I went to Bukhari travel in karachi and tell my travel preference they arrange both and I gave them cheque from my brothers account and that's all. Mate thing can happen if you just research a bit and all the business was done even there were no credit cards

Dear Farhan,

Same concern as mine, but if we can use prepaid internet card to do booking flights, hotels then its good, otherwise we have to rely on travel agent.

Same concern as mine, but if we can use prepaid internet card to do booking flights, hotels then its good, otherwise we have to rely on travel agent.

Mates may be I am not been able to let you understand so do whatever you think good for you. I think I have written enough for this topic.

Just to do two transactions of buying ticket and hotel booking you are stuck on one point and will lose so much money in future....

Good luck

Mates may be I am not been able to let you understand so do whatever you think good for you. I think I have written enough for this topic.

Just to do two transactions of buying ticket and hotel booking you are stuck on one point and will lose so much money in future....

Good luck

Sorry, probably you are annoyed by my questions, but you can see I agreed with your point in the above post

So you are right, its better to close the chapter of UAE once and for all. We dont know what problems we might face if we left a bank account open in a country we dont reisde , specially when that country is not our home country :)

So sorry if you got hurt, I agreed with your point and will do the same . Now cheer up please :)

Thanks Farhan, I finally understood. Australia's NAB Visa Debit card can be used as both ATM and online shopping card (prepaid internet card).

Dear Imran, please refer to below link to resolve all queries :-)

http://www.nab.com.au/personal/accounts/visa-debit-cards

Use your NAB Visa Debit card:

• for shopping online
  • at ATMs

Dear mate,

All of your needs can be fulfilled by nab visa/master card or as the matter fact by any other bank ATM visa or master card as it's a debit card or credit card it does not make any difference and visa or master logo is important and you can use credit or debit card with visa or master sign same. Only difference is in credit card you will pay later and in debit card the money will straight away go from your account.

In Australia ppl even buy 1 dollar chocolate and use Visa card so you won't have any problem.

For hotel and ticket booking I will give you example I went to Bukhari travel in karachi and tell my travel preference they arrange both and I gave them cheque from my brothers account and that's all. Mate thing can happen if you just research a bit and all the business was done even there were no credit cards

Thanks Farhan, I finally understood. Australia's NAB Visa Debit card can be used as both ATM and online shopping card (prepaid internet card).

Dear Imran, please refer to below link to resolve all queries :-)

http://www.nab.com.au/personal/accounts/visa-debit-cards

Use your NAB Visa Debit card:

• for shopping online

• at ATMs

Great. Card issue finally settled then. :smile:

Westpac provides the same

http://www.westpac.com.au/mobile/products/bank-accounts/everyday-accounts/transaction-account/

An everyday account with easy access to your money

• $0 monthly service fee

(If you deposit $2,000 such as your salary, by the last business day of the month1)

• Easily access your money with Online/Mobile/Westpac Banking for iPad, eftpos, Debit Mastercard® or Handycard, Telephone Banking, and at over 3,000 Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs across Australia.

• Enjoy the option of shopping online, using your own money2 by requesting a Westpac Debit MasterCard® for your account.

oo come on guys...you ppl made a whole big issue from nothing...its your choice what you wana do with bank accounts and credit cards...

Keep these discussions on your bookmark. You will need them once you get visa grant :wink:

You can mention northern sydney, inner sydney and all the surrounding suburbs like ashfield. You should not mention any areas where Lebanese and desi population is a bit higher. Lebs are major troublemakers here...

I don't have a list on me..

Thanks for the reply.

just fyi for all members. I did some google search and found someone quoting the following:

Sydney suburbs (not recommended):

Some parts of Sydney are not well maintained, go to Bankstown, Farifield, Lakemba, Auburn, Merrylands, Campsie, Punchbowl, Cambeltown, Hurstville, Riverwood, Liverpool, Parramatta, the list goes on... Basically all of the West.

Thanks for the reply.

just fyi for all members. I did some google search and found someone quoting the following:

Sydney suburbs (not recommended):

Some parts of Sydney are not well maintained, go to Bankstown, Farifield, Lakemba, Auburn, Merrylands, Campsie, Punchbowl, Cambeltown, Hurstville, Riverwood, Liverpool, Parramatta, the list goes on... Basically all of the West.

if you not gonna live in west of sydney then where else you live?

Today i undergo medical examination in Lahore. Here are the details

29 October, 2013 - Called IOM Mobile Numbers and get appointment date for today at 11 am (Mobile numbers are listed on immigration website and the best time to call is 10 am to 12 pm)

I went 30 minutes before but they let me in 2 mins before the appointment time. So be there just on time.

Documents Required:-

3 photographs with light background

3 id card copies with original NIC

3 passport copies with original passport

Referral letter (containing HAP ID) printed from the application page. Do remember your TRN though i was not asked about it but that was what i was told by IOM to bring the document that contains TRN. I think they were mixing it up with HAP ID.

Payment will be done in cash next to data entry counter. Medical process starts with data entry accompanying chest X-Ray. Then they take blood and urine samples for HIV and a general medical exam in the end. The whole process took 2 hours 20 minutes approximately.

Also went for PCC yesterday. They stop receiving applications at 1:45 pm so try to be there well before time because you have to fill application forms in English and Urdu and Submit them.

Documents Required

3 PP size photographs with light BG

Do confirm the proper name of the police stations of current and previous residence. I submitted the form on 30 Oct and get receipt containing delivery date of 6 November.

Today i undergo medical examination in Lahore. Here are the details

29 October, 2013 - Called IOM Mobile Numbers and get appointment date for today at 11 am (Mobile numbers are listed on immigration website and the best time to call is 10 am to 12 pm)

I went 30 minutes before but they let me in 2 mins before the appointment time. So be there just on time.

Documents Required:-

3 photographs with light background

Referral letter (containing HAP ID) printed from the application page. Do remember your TRN though i was not asked about it but that was what i was told by IOM to bring the document that contains TRN. I think they were mixing it up with HAP ID.

Payment will be done in cash next to data entry counter. Medical process starts with data entry accompanying chest X-Ray. Then they take blood and urine samples for HIV and a general medical exam in the end. The whole process took 2 hours 20 minutes approximately.

congrtaz.....

where to get this?

Referral letter (containing HAP ID)?

Archived