Happy people and PIO

tracy123

The question sould be..... WHY DO SO MANY HAPPY SETTLED POMS LEAVE FORUMS?

I've met a few POM's while I've been out on my travels and ALL seem to love their new life, and as we are chatting PIO gets brought up most know of it and quite a few are members but they don't come on due to being made to feel that they must some how be thick for loving Australia, they are sick of having to defend their choice in life....

As to why so many are leaving? I'd have a guess and say it has to do with the positions of the 2 countries, they came when the UK house prices are high and good exchange rate, now it's Australia doing well, so if you were going to go now would be a great time to leave.

It's such a shame that the members who love Australia don't post as much any more.

I would have thought it was self evident.

People join forums for a reason. They would join PIO because they had an initial need for information when migrating to Aus.

If they are now happily settled and the initial need has disappeared, they have probably moved on and forgotten about PIO.

Some of us who have no life, probably hang around for the anonymous banter.

Guest The Pom Queen

Well I don't know what I am classed as because I love the UK and love Australia and still post happily on the forum.

I think like Parley has said people tend to join the forum when they need help and support but once they are over here they continue with their life and forget about us (who can blame them) unless they decide they don't like Australia then they come back on to slate it and find out about going back to their home country.

Less time? In the UK the weather was almost always poor, so you spent more time at home... here you are almost guaranteed sunshine, so you're out and about more?

I also agree that once you have your visa and get yourselves out here, there is less of a "need" say to be on here quite so much. I admit I have hardly posted since we got here 4 weeks ago, but I've been busy getting the kids sorted in schools, exploring our new surroundings etc.

We're also fortunate that quite a few of the friends we made here on PIO are also living in Secret Harbour, so settling in and making even more new friends has been made easier by many social invitations :biggrin:

We've been to several BBQ's, met up with friends and this weekend there was a free movie in the park that we went to....

I still check in to PIO to see who's getting Co's and VISA's etc... but don't post much for sure.

Doesn't mean I won't be forever grateful to PIO that as a result of this forum I have met and made loads of new friends...

Guest chris955

I agree, it seems fairly pointless sticking around just saying how great everything is, get out there and get on with life.

I would have thought it was self evident.

People join forums for a reason. They would join PIO because they had an initial need for information when migrating to Aus.

If they are now happily settled and the initial need has disappeared, they have probably moved on and forgotten about PIO.

Some of us who have no life, probably hang around for the anonymous banter.

Guest guest33730
I agree, it seems fairly pointless sticking around just saying how great everything is, get out there and get on with life.

Unless of course you are one of those individuals, who appreciated the help they were given through a major time in their life from a free site and wanted to give something back and help others in gratitude.

But then again that may be not cerebral enough for some.

Daniel

Guest guest36187
Unless of course you are one of those individuals, who appreciated the help they were given through a major time in their life from a free site and wanted to give something back and help others in gratitude.

Well, I can say I only wish PIO had been around when we were emigrating! It would have been a mine of information and reassurance! Now that we are here, I am happy to be here, not only to help some others out but also as a social network type of thing. I have formed cyber friendships on here and gone on to meet those people. Some of those people have gone on to be the best friends I have and I have made many happy memories with them.

it seems fairly pointless sticking around just saying how great everything is, get out there and get on with life.

Guess what ............IT IS GREAT!! But I am not going to `get out there` all the time! After a stressful day at work PIO can be a great stress reliever and PIO is part of my life.

I like Australia and equally I like the UK. There are good and bad parts to both countries. I look on it as the UK is my past and Australia is my future. I class Australia as my home now and am proud to do so.

Guest guest30038

Like you?

It's only worth sticking around to tell us how great the properties are in the UK, or how bad the weather here, or how much Oz is lacking in culture, is it?

I know who really needs to get on with life................if indeed they have one? :rolleyes:

Guest sh7t man no way

one presumes they have got all they want out of the forum,and see no need to be involved anymore,and are to busy getting on with there happy lives--it happens you know--even in australia:biggrin:your happy,and living in australia,and posting on forums--so all is well:wubclub:

Guest siamsusie

Dovey.jpg

I love living here in Australia , its my home, but I still love watching peoples migration experiences reach a happy conclusion... its also nice to be able to share experiences and help along the way.

So yes! I am a Happy PIO'er!

Susie x

Guest Guest31881

Well I hate to disappoint anyone, but I am happy, and I am staying on PIO. The funny thing is, I do not live by the sea. I have summer temperatures up to 40c and winter temp down to 5c. I buy meat from a butcher and veg from a fruit and veg shop. I do not find it expensive and i am not in a high paid job, (actually i do not get pay).

So why am i happy,

Because its a ruddy great life.

PIO helped me soooo much when we were going through the visa process ,i hung around to see if i could return the help and pass on some of the great advice i recieved back then. I have also met so many great people and made some good friends on here so to me its a bit like facebook too ,infact i find it much more addictive than Facebook,lol. Even the kids comment on me logging onto PIO like it's Google,lol, my 7 yr old often says ''you going on PIO mum'' lol

So yep unless i drop dead from the unbearable temperatures Oz has or have my power cut off due to the extreme costs of living in this fab country, your stuck with me too.lol

Cal x

Guest guest36187
Of course some of you wouldn't be hanging around because you have set up businesses that cater for immigrating families would you.

And PIO is a good way to advertise your services...

No - that would never happen.

Those members who have relocation businesses do NOT advertise other than in their signatures. Lots of members `advertise` in signatures, myself included! That is allowed within the forum rules. Any other advertising has to go throgh forum owners x

No i was here on Aussie soil and still actively posting on a daily basis,i was a also asked to be a moderator here and on another forum longggg before any business, infact i was a member YEARS before any business, and lots of people on here have signatures for a business just because mine is aimed at migrants if nothing to do with it, now,, if i touted for business in every post (or even ANY post) that would be different and also againct the rules.

I pay to advertise in UK magazines and write articles for UK magazines, thats were the majority of my business comes from not PIO.

So what do you suggest ,we remove any member who owns a business? lmao

Sorry mate but you are so WRONG!! and as someone who DOES NOT promote my company on this forum in any other way than a car sales man or sausage maker does- via their signature, i find your comments VERY offensive .

Cal x

I feel like yer sort of owe it to PIO to stick around for a bit tbh,try and give a bit of advice,i didnt want to do a reccie report tbh,but felt like i should,for all the use it was:goofy::laugh:

But thats just me,each to their own,but i'l try and help for a while when/if we ever get there i think

Archived