Whos going to Mackay

Still-a-dream!

Hi Missbehaving,

We are just looking at similar areas as you lot! As those are the only ones we know of so we thought better to start there than anywhere :confused: We will be stayin in a rental provided by the company for 4 weeks, which is a great help. But we just like to have an idea of which areas to start driving round when we get there. So excited now! But still feels very daunting.

Its so difficult when youve never been so havent a CLUE what they are like, we all seem to be more or less in the same boat though. We are still looking at mid September time, and it feels like everythings gonna fly by once we start getting shipping quotes etc.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest karl276

lol we was in there the other weekend we found loads off things to go in the garden i have been all over google au trying to find the same but cant shame :sad:have tryed to stop the shopping as we will buy it and then cant take it with us all it will mean is some big shopping trips when we get out there

surf webcam's :huh:new to me

i dont no how i feel been a while doing this all got married quicker lol just want to go and get on with it all and start are new life's

was talking to my friend thats come back oz and he was saying that mackay is a lovely place real set back and chilled out but when he was there in there summer very hot:cool: and drank alot off water but in the end got use to it hes back in the uk wearing a fleace all last week at work

karl

Guest karl276
Def - count us in for when we get there!! :wubclub:

count us in as well karl baeck and kids

Guest MissBehaving
Hi all,

I havent been on here for a few weeks and wow cant believe how many people are coming to mackay its fab, we should sort out some meet ups...

Rachael

We would LOVE to be included in any meet up :)

Friends on the other side of the world... BRING IT ON!!! :wink:

Guest MissBehaving

Sorry - who is going when (I can't keep track - to much on the mind!!!):

We are off in October (OH travelling 2 weeks before us).

Guest MissBehaving

We will be stayin in a rental provided by the company for 4 weeks, which is a great help.

You are lucky. OH's company are providing 2 weeks accommodation but have suggested that he arrives before us as he will be doing a whole loada stuff for work in that first two weeks and he won't be able to run around with us....

I just can't believe how expensive the short term accom is. ... Looks like a caravan park it may be.

Gateshead Girl - have you found somewhere to live yet? Didn't you just move recently?

Guest karl276

we will be off in july:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Dublingirl

We hoping to be out there in August (OH travelling 4 wks before us), So put us down for meet ups, bbq's, pool parties ......cant wait :jiggy:gonna b sooo much fun!

We hoping to be out there in August (OH travelling 4 wks before us), So put us down for meet ups, bbq's, pool parties ......cant wait :jiggy:gonna b sooo much fun!

That sounds like good fun! I cant wait for the outdoor life. :biggrin:Its warm here in Newcastle at the minute, but with thunder and lightening storms on - off, then the sun comes out and dries it out again. So its a good job, its like its preparing us for the heat and rain storms! :cute:

Its strange - we are packing to go on holiday to Rhodes - and I half feel like we are leaving for Australia!

Guest Dublingirl
Morning everybody from a very ecstatic household - we got our visas today and are on our way !:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Congratulations Jellybeagle !!! When you off?

Guest MissBehaving
Morning everybody from a very ecstatic household - we got our visas today and are on our way !:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!! :yes:

Guest MissBehaving
Hi miss behaving

We live at andergrove been here nearly 2 years, When do you arrive?

Hey everyone,

yeah we'll sort lots of meet ups,bbq's, partys, im also on facebook rachael whitfield if anyone else is on.

We should be there in October, but depending on the Visas and sale of our house we may be there sooner, perhaps around August and that will be because of DD finishing school....

Guest MissBehaving

Gateshead... have you managed to make friends out there? Do you have kids that go to school?

My biggest worry is that we will be lonely with no family, friends or support network.

Gateshead... have you managed to make friends out there? Do you have kids that go to school?

My biggest worry is that we will be lonely with no family, friends or support network.

Dont worry us lot will all be there together :cute: you wont be lonely !

Guest MissBehaving

Angela - at least we won't have to get dogs :) ... We can adopt yours :)

Jo :animal-dog:

Guest MissBehaving

Its strange - we are packing to go on holiday to Rhodes - and I half feel like we are leaving for Australia!

We have cancelled our August holiday that was booked to Portugal - we figured that we would be (well actually ME) having a lovely holiday when we get to Mackay .... :jiggy:

We have cancelled our August holiday that was booked to Portugal - we figured that we would be (well actually ME) having a lovely holiday when we get to Mackay .... :jiggy:

Well, we sika da english more better...:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived